Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, have you contributed to the legal defense fund for @Whole Mars Blog?
Yes, and I'd encourage those who can to do so as well. He's been a target of TSLAQ/Plainsite and fighting a legal battle because of it.

Notice how the 3rd Row Podcast has disappeared? They got booed off stage by shortzes.
That had more to do with infighting because Omar went a bit rogue and attacked a certain less than honest EV "news" site, (justified IMO). Other 3rd row members disagreed and basically disbanded the group.

Source is 42How again.

Have to say if the sold number includes export, that's the dumbest way to count Teslas sold and results in double counting of exported cars ever since China started exporting.

Also those are some high Y numbers with a 2 week shutdown.
Some months back I remember reading (or may have heard it on a Tesla Daily episode) how the document being referenced reports the numbers for new vehicle "sales" based solely upon new vehicle registration applications by buyers in China.

If my memory of this is accurate this report should not be used to indicate an MIC "production" number. If this number only includes new vehicles produced in China and which the owners have registered, it would include neither "exports" nor any other vehicles produced and sold in China that have not applied for registration.

If this is the case, to estimate production numbers "exports" would be added to the "sales (in China)" numbers and still may not count those vehicles produced that are yet to be delivered to and registered in China by the new owner.

Last edited:
If I were to change my TD account type to non-margin, when would be the best time to do it, just before a squeeze? Is now a good time?
I didn't know they loaned my TSLA shares out, and this kinda bothers me. I haven't traded margin in a long time, and likely won't as the world is essentially unknown today for me.

The premise in this group is largely that the most harmful shorting is done naked- so your shares are irrelevant to those folks anyway, they don't borrow your shares, they make their own.

For the remaining non naked shorts, you don't own enough shares to make any difference to those shorts by them being borrowable or not.

Likely nobody who isn't listed on a 13F owns enough shares that those folks would care (arguably not even then given that SI appears to only be in the 5.x% range per the 4/30 report.)

Also- 100% this-

Margin accounts have benefits beyond actually borrowing on margin in a long term sense. If you have a cash account you will run into good faith violations if you are not careful with your timing of trades.

Autoju and CARTAC are both in the high 11k and the sources of the data... 42How is just reporting it.

I think you're grasping there. The simplest explanation from going from over 10k to 5k is a shutdown to tweak the lines. Going from 10k to 5k on a production rate would actually be a worse news and more concerning. Remember the Y isn't being exported from Shanghai too, so none of the 14k exports are Y.
Not really grasping at anything there. Simply said we will find out in a week or two. The sources your listing are just people either claiming they know someone at CPCA or their own interpretation. As far as I can tell there is no official comment from the CPCA or China and Chinese new outlets are reporting sales and exports as two separate numbers. We'll see.....

And sorry but I think a lot of people here would agree with me that a 2 week shutdown of the Y lines in China not being talked about AT ALL for weeks after the shutdown and then coming out the same day as the CPCA number, the Rueters article, and a supposed random change of interpretation of CPCA numbers........all seem sure as hell pretty coincidental. Could it all just be coincidence sure? Sure.........But I'm not grasping here.

---

Moderator: and that sounds like the perfect end to a 24h long discussion.

---

The premise in this group is largely that the most harmful shorting is done naked- so your shares are irrelevant to those folks anyway, they don't borrow your shares, they make their own.
Related, Canada may ban naked shorting

Welp. With that last 5xx dip I hit my goal amount of TSLA. Yesterday I found out that I miraculously owed much less than I thought in taxes. Good timing! I suspect this isn't the bottom but the first time I'll consider selling TSLA is when the Roadster comes out and we all know that's not happening until 2030!

I've got 10% of it in my margin approved but all cash TD account and the rest in another bank.

As I've grown wiser I haven't been trading at all so I'm considering closing out of my TD and throwing it all in Chase where I write covered calls. Just worried I wont be able to partake in whatever stupidness WallStreetBets cooks up next. lol

Well, I don't know about you guys but I'm going to completely ignore Elon's time estimates from now on. Under promise, over delivery man. Come on. Bulls are the only ones who listen to him and he is giving us bad info. Very glad that I bailed on my July calls given that we don't have any catalysts until after that time.

Captureterte.JPG

California should revoke his license!
And Elon should ban him from Tesla vehicles/autopilot for life.

Last edited:
This guy is going to single handedly slow Tesla’s FSD deployment...

Even after being arrested, he intends to keep letting AP drive him from the backseat. Tesla should revoke his license ASAP

My understanding is that he hasn't even paid for FSD, he is just using the standard AP that comes with the car. I don't think Tesla can do anything about it. It would be up to law enforcement to do something like revoke his license and/or put him in jail.

So what numbers are people setting their automatic knife catchers[stolen joke] at?
Back from the gym. Set mine at 580, but it looks like I missed out.

Off the grid for a week starting Saturday. I’ll have to refine the Catcher Algorithm.