Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pure vision autopilot goes to everyone next week. Pure vision FSD beta a bit later to beta users. A bit after that beta expansion.
vs.

B670561A-6591-4017-88F2-6C2CE2B86709.jpeg

I need to buy more TSLA.

This from the CPI report:
"The index for used cars and trucks rose 10.0 percent in April. This was the largest 1-month increase since the series began in 1953, and it accounted for over a third of the seasonally adjusted all items increase."

Core CPI strips out Food and Energy. Hopefully, the Fed will look at Core CPI excluding the Used Car/Truck impact since the used car inflation is temporary (will subside once chip issue is resolved).

"However, it is likely to anger some in the U.S. refining industry who would need to buy the credits, known as RINs, generated by Tesla and other alternative fuel providers, essentially subsidizing an electric car company that seeks to put petrochemical refiners out of business."

Well boo-f'kn-hoo! What about all the subsidies petrol-chemical already receive? Let's remove those first, then they can whine

Pennsylvania essentially built a plastic production methane cracker plant for Shell Oil. We also just took $2M of our meager solar grant money and handed it to......an LNG export plant in Philadelphia! Even renewables subsidies in PA often end up in the hands of the fracking lobby.

No whining from this clowns should be tolerated.

The last few weeks I have been looking a lot at the TSLA share price at the end of every day.
It is easy to notice that the movement of the share price is very similar to the S&P500 chart and in a little less manner compared to the Nasdaq chart.
No matter how much I hate the Tesla FUD, it really looks that it doesn't affect the TSLA share price as much as being part of the general buying and selling as reflected in the aforementioned charts.
Maybe sometimes somewhat sharper in reaction, but that is about it.
So, I think that a real breakthrough with Tesla (technology and/or sales) is needed to make its SP move significantly different from these charts.
For that reason I see for now only two logical things happening this and next year:
- a sharp rise in SP as soon as V9 is released and gets recognition, probably happening this summer or shortly after;
- a distinctive rise when the factories in Berlin and Austin start delivering by significant numbers: cars/new models/batteries.

one reason i think Tesla Energy will be worth more than Tesla vehicles.
Many of us have examined the economic realities with wind, solar and storage all becoming cheaper rapidly. Of nearly equal importance, new competitors for Autobiddexr-style optimization products. You have added some current economics, showing that the future is now!

Even so, the problem dominating the present is lack of capacity in wind generation, wave generation, solar and, above them all perhaps, storage capacity. In all those areas the world producers are scaling as quickly as they can, utilities in much of the world are looking for suppliers. What nearly everyone understates is just how gigantic the scale of these developments must be.

It isn't just Tesla that is constrained by lack of storage, the entire world is. Add to that the renewable sources scaling. Then just think about all the installations and support. Millions and millions of jobs are waiting, retraining and better education are the largest impediments of all.

This could be a wonderful future. On the present course it will not be.

In the meantime HODL Tesla. SpaceX and Starlink too as those become options.

Seems Toyota realizes that writing is on the wall .. by 2030 they have no choice but to sell BEVs
Never mind. Saw the proper details. It's "electrified" which means there are hybrid combustion engines too. In fact there might be only one million BEVs total made by 2030. And they're still pushing hydrogen. Their "Take Me To The Back Of The Pack" application has been submitted.

This from the CPI report:
"The index for used cars and trucks rose 10.0 percent in April. This was the largest 1-month increase since the series began in 1953, and it accounted for over a third of the seasonally adjusted all items increase."

Core CPI strips out Food and Energy. Hopefully, the Fed will look at Core CPI excluding the Used Car/Truck impact since the used car inflation is temporary (will subside once chip issue is resolved).
These CPI reports are pretty useless as forced Covid shutdown created so many transient shortages in the supply chain. There's also a temporary spending splurge on material goods vs experiences due to temporary strict travel restrictions. Once everything is back to normal artificial inflation will drop.