Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And Jay Leno ran a 9.5 with passengers.

Those of you who plan to take your Plaid Model S to the dragstrip around the holidays should lash a Christmas tree to the roof. Good fun to tell the Lambo driver you just beat that you're on your way home from the Christmas tree farm. :cool:

If track management questions you about the tree on the roof just say "Aw shucks, just spreading a little Christmas cheer, don't worry, the tree is rated to 250 mph when it's lashed on trunk first."

After having some time to process and getting new information I have two new thoughts.

1. With the new info that Elon showed regarding energy consumption with Bitcoin, the move does have some logic. It went from "ehh, not so great" to "wow, that's a lot of power/pollution". Unfortunately Elon isn't good at this sort of communication so it caused a lot more angst than necessary. I don't believe this will significantly reduce the value of Tesla's BTC holdings, even over the short term. If this move is part of a way to use excess solar power to mine crypto via powerwall/autobidder integration or a way to grab some of those sweet US power production credits then perhaps it was actually a genius move.

2. Thinking over my pessimism around the stock. I had the realization that I'm pretty darn good at seeing the local tops for my investments. Great track record there with things ranging from TSLA to SQ to even DOGE. What I'm bad at is seeing the bottoms. Because of this I've decided that instead of being extra bearish and reacting that way, I should do the opposite. I'm planning on converting a decent chunk of my shares (non-taxable account) into slightly OTM leaps over the next couple of trading days. Hodl my beer.

After all, we could have picked a boring boomer stock but where is the fun in that?

Yeah, that's revisionist history. The downtrend started just before the Q1 earnings call, on Jan 26, 2021:
I appreciate your efforts. I am not so convinced because there is a lot of noise around Q4 financials which came out on that Wednesday resulting in some sell on the news energy going into the traditionally weakest quarter.

The rub is that most stockholders consider Tesla an energy technology company making EVs but players/gamblers knowingly burning energy in the Bitcoin world were seeing something else as purchases of hundreds of millions of dollars ramped up before the disclosure to the most faithful supporters of the company.

We will never know who knew what and when so revisionist history may be a bit harsh IMO. Not everyone was in the dark about what was happening IMO.

I appreciate your efforts. I am not so convinced because there is a lot of noise around Q4 financials which came out on that Wednesday resulting in some sell on the news energy going into the traditionally weakest quarter.

The rub is that most stockholders consider Tesla an energy technology company making EVs but players/gamblers knowingly burning energy in the Bitcoin world were seeing something else as purchases of hundreds of millions of dollars ramped up before the disclosure to the most faithful supporters of the company.

We will never know who knew what and when so revisionist history may be a bit harsh IMO. Not everyone was in the dark about what was happening IMO.

You are free to speculate post-facto, but without presenting evidence besides conjecture you won't make your point.

Remind yourself again how Michael Burry tweeted on Jan 8, 2021 at Telsa shareholders, telling them they should "Enjoy it while it lasts". Today he won't tweet anymore after a visit from the SEC. What should we conclude from that?

Fitting the facts to your desired conclusion is not "a bit harsh", its a classical cognitve bias. That's what the other short side does, especially when they see an opportunity to lie about something that can't be easily or quickly debunked.

Need recent examples? The Woodland crash, Berlin 6th mth de lay, China ex pan sion cancelled. All lies which will take months or years to prove false. Meanwhile the damage is done. Need more examples?

How about the SEC sueing Elon in Spring 2019 for making a true statement about production on an after-hrs podcast. But because it was about yearly production, Tesla results couldn't prove it wrong for nearly 8 months. In the meantime, TSLA's SP swooned until the very public court case, but there were months of damage to investors during the wait. Yes, all inflicted by shortzes.

Don't drink from the short coolaide glass: the content is bitter, leaves an upset stomach, and damages intestial fortitude.

Last edited:
Somehow TMC has started going to war with itself and the points all seem to be based on guesses so maybe everyone should just take a chill pill.

i love it. i step away for a few weeks and the stock tanks, people are in an uproar, Chr!st someone even turned @Krugerrand into a dog! we’re almost full-on bizarro

about time for a dose of shares/leaps...
see if we settle or go down more.
don’t use all your bullets at once!

poor use of very old pic is from when a hurricane was approaching florida.

Yeah, there is no gasoline shortage there. Florida gets its fuel via barge, not from the Colonial pipeline.

Ironically, this makes the guy that burnt down his Hummer transporting 4 leaking gas cans in the back seat even dumberer. :p

Cheers!

Figured I’d celebrate TSLA breaking below the 200 DMA the best way I know how. Cheers. ☺️

3DD2FB8E-26F8-47E7-A1E9-ADE020D3812F.jpeg

Yeah, there is no gasoline shortage there. Florida gets its fuel via barge, not from the Colonial pipeline.

Ironically, this makes the guy that burnt down his Hummer transporting 4 leaking gas cans in the back seat even dumberer. :p

Cheers!
Perhaps you overlooked the key word there, ... "Florida"

There's never been a shortage of dumberer news eminating from that state.