Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last couple of weeks have been difficult, not for me, but for my friends and family who for the first time are going through a brutal market. Its difficult to see our friends at Ark getting decimated. Cathie is a big girl so I’m not that worried there. Its also difficult seeing so much sanity and logics leaving the market. Make no mistakes, though: We are living in the good old days before they become the good old days. One day we’ll look back and laugh at that crazy time when everyone else was so oblivious. I wish everyone good health and spirit. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

TSLA is trading in a (wide) range again, just like it was from 2014 to 2019, only the new range is ~12x higher than the old range. My guess is that TSLA's chart the next few years will look a lot like the chart from 2014-2019.

too easy, had to :p
27A073EB-0EFF-4E77-B89D-E1A68CB4C528.jpeg

Well friends. Its months/weeks/days like these where it's good to stop getting emotional, sit back and realize Tesla is a great company and time will prove out. So Im doing just that.

View attachment 662182
Good call; definitely agree with your attitude!

Not to sound too hoidy-toidy, but imho Teslaquila should be sipped neat, or over one cube of ice.

I'm saving mine for when the SP hits $1,000.

OK, not that this would change the course of the SP, but still deserves a BREAKING tag.

Tesla finally opened it's Hungarian store and launched the site in the local language today! This is still a pop-up store and the final location is being selected right now. A service center will open alongside that store, which is huge as right now you have to take your car to Austria for repair.

Anyway, the biggest part of the news is the super competitive pricing of the SR+. I was absolutely not expecting something this competitive. Now, mind you, LR, Performance, and the S/X are still very expensive, but they have managed to do a net 39.777 USD price for the Model 3 SR+. this means, that even with our lovely 27% VAT, it fits within the threshold of the government incentive rumored to be launched next week. (Well, for the lower tier of that, but that is still 5000 USD). This also means the SR+ is super fierce competition for the local traditional OEMs, I wouldn't want to wake up today to these prices if I were them.

So I guess I am no longer looking for a second hand LR, and will be buying a brand spankin' new SR+! Even with my second favorite color and white seats it qualifies for the incentive (hopefully). And since delivery is marked for September (BTW... hint hint on demand...) it will give time for the SP to recover so i don't have to sell for 600...

Last edited:
Is it just me, or maybe new model S&X doesn’t have radar?

Or is it already widely known except me?

If this turns out to be the reason S&X was delayed, I can feel the pain.
  1. Let’s roll out V9 on these cars without FSD
  2. Oh no NOA is not good enough on V9 yet
  3. Can we back port smart shift?
  4. How about deliver them with round steering wheel and current software?
  5. Let’s see whether we can add radar back.
  6. Can we remove radar from current network? How long that takes?
  7. Let’s do this!
  8. Do what?
Checked model 3&Y page and in FSD suit it says “160m of Forward Facing Radar”.
In S&X it says “160m of Forward Protection”.
Seems to imply they don’t have radar.

Mandatory good angle:
If software was the limiting factor, we can expect production to ramp quickly once it’s ironed out.

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated May 14, 2021 04:16 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$583 +11.31 (+1.98%)
Pre-Market Volume36,480
Pre-Market High$587.52 (04:03:19 AM)
Pre-Market Low$578 (04:00:01 AM)
Remember all the way back to this time yesterday? 😣

OK, not that this would change the course of the SP, but still deserves a BREAKING tag.

Tesla finally opened it's Hungarian store and launched the site in the local language today! This is still a pop-up store and the final location is being selected right now. A service center will open alongside that store, which is huge as right now you have to take your car to Austria for repair.
Do you have a source for the Hungary store opening?

TSLA is trading in a (wide) range again, just like it was from 2014 to 2019, only the new range is ~12x higher than the old range. My guess is that TSLA's chart the next few years will look a lot like the chart from 2014-2019.
I'll agree with you, but transpose months for years. Due to the speed of expansion now happening, years sideways isn't likely to happen again, barring a full blown recession event.

Biden is set to speak about his EV agenda at a Ford assembly plant while getting a preview of the F150 Lightning on May 19.
This is so absolutely utterly dumb. if you want to speak about your EV agenda,, speak at a factory thats owned by the only PURE EV american car company. For crying out loud, talk about being dictated to by unions... And a Truck? hardly the most eco of efficient vehicle to promote EVs. He should be shown a tesla model 3.

In fact if I was elon I would be hassling my people to arrange it so that biden gets to experience launch in a plaid model S. he needs to know just how good EVs can be, and who makes the decent ones...