Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fords, and everybody else's, problem will be when they sell manufacture 700k 650k ICE, can only produce 50k EVs, but 200k of the buyers want the EV instead.

Then they are making slightly less on each of the 500k ICE they still sell. They lose a ton on the 150k they make but don't sell. Make nothing from the 150k that hold on to their old model for an extra year or two. While at best breaking even on the 50k EVs they are selling.

Or any variation of numbers and models the ICE producers will run into.
Expect huge ICE-F150 deals in the coming years. :) Up to 75% off! Get them while their hot! Anyone?

• Funny
Reactions: capster
I’ve been away for a day and seem to be lost. This is clearly the Ford thread. Can anyone point me to the Tesla section?
Found it. Lots of discussion about Tesla here:
Hero Card For 2022 F-150 Lightning

Screenshot_20210521-105737~2.png

:)

Not sure why everyone's moaning about Ford discussion, as long as it is tied to Tesla. With a Ford EV coming out, it will have a directly competing product with Tesla, so discussion of the effects of this product on Tesla's business and therefore the stock price is fair game.

Come on people, we're not discussing whether we like the exterior lighting on the Lightning. We're talking about how F-150 sales will affect Tesla's business and the EV market. Totally legit conversation in this thread, IMO.

Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to understand whay they are trying to say.
Whatever, but the dude deserves a bonus for getting his update in on monthly opex Friday and right at the 200DMA, with sniper like precision.

BofA has decent sway especially as it still manages the Merrill Lynch book and there's good money in those accounts that blindly follow the recommendations.

Fan of competency, even if it comes from an adversary. Oh well.

More from The Telegraph today on the possibility of a UK gigafactory

Bring Tesla to Teesside, Ben Houchen tells Elon Musk​

Teesside mayor tells the tycoon his region would host a new factory for the electric car manufacturer "in a flash"

Issuing a Twitter plea to the US tech tycoon after The Telegraph revealed growing speculation that Mr Musk could seek to build a UK factory, Mr Houchen said: "Hartlepool and the Tees Valley still stand ready to deliver a new Gigafactory - Just say the word."

Mr Houchen is already overseeing the biggest regeneration project in the UK across 4,500 acres of land, including the former SSI steelworks, in a region set to become Britain's largest freeport.
Elon was pretty clear that he chose Austin and Berlin because the best engineers would be happy to live there - I think he learned a hard lesson from GF1.

If the UK gets a Tesla factory my guess is that it will be within commuting distance to London. That also happens to be where most of the F1 teams are headquartered.

Question:

- How feasible/efficient is for Tesla to make a financing arm?

The products they manufacture are going to last double, if not triple, and retain higher value than the existing products, that are financed for 5-6years.

TIA for any reply!
Tesla already has a financing arm. They have an active secruitisation program for their vehicle leases.

Investors flock to Tesla's latest auto-lease ABS deal

Although there is plenty of room to expand to other products.

Tesla already has a financing arm. They have an active secruitisation program for their vehicle leases.

Investors flock to Tesla's latest auto-lease ABS deal

Although there is plenty of room to expand to other products.
That’s what I’m thinking.

Why not make a Tesla Bank and offer a 10 year loan for the cars and solar/Powerwall at the lowest interest rates?

Or get with an established entity and let them deal with that, like Apple did with GS?

Why not make a Tesla Bank and offer a 10 year loan for the cars and solar/Powerwall at the lowest interest rates?

Or get with an established entity and let them deal with that, like Apple did with GS?

They probably will. Just not right this second because they aren't having any problem selling what they can make. Financing is a demand stimulator.

I think as the demand is so high right now, Tesla doesn’t need to do this just yet. Maybe years down the line when the demand levels off this could be offered.

I think as the demand is so high right now, Tesla doesn’t need to do this just yet. Maybe years down the line when the demand levels off this could be offered.
The demand will not level off for a decade, probably more.

I’m just thinking how Tesla can make everything seamless, from ordering to monthly payments straight from your Tesla account. Insurance also.

It’s not only about the demand, it’s also about all that cash that will keep pilling in Tesla coffers. But probably Master of Coin already has the plans done for this.

Thanks for the replies!

So by the looks of the photos with the Giga press in Austin & loading them onto trucks, I see photos of possibly hundreds of the casting stacked up in the yard & on trucks.

if these are “tests” I doubt they would be making so many. My guess is they have already honed them in & these are being put into production in Fremont. Does anyone agree with that?
Where is the bottle neck in Fremont? Is it in casting at all?