Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow? so huh...Ok OK...
um....
Does it not make more sense for the car carrier that "delivered" the cars to the other state not bother unloading them; just drive across the TX stateline and do a "U"y. Or if the law gets that pissy drive through the parking lot of the out of state dealer and just come back with the same load.

The car has to physically be out of state prior to being sold (accomplished by the car not being available to be matched to an online order until after it crosses the TX state line, since they have GPS on all the cars that's easily programmed).

The problem with "just turn the truck right around" is you can't do that until ALL the vehicles on the truck complete their sale while still physically outside of Texas.

Most TX buyers have told stories about this taking days and often involving sending paperwork via Fedex back/forth to Nevada (another poster mentioned it was because NV was friendlier than CA for getting out of state temp plates or something like that).

So the truck would have to either unload the cars, go on to other things, and another truck pick up all the "sold" cars later- or it would have to sit loaded and parked outside of TX until all the cars on it had completed all the sales paperwork, then it could head back.

The car has to physically be out of state prior to being sold (accomplished by the car not being available to be matched to an online order until after it crosses the TX state line, since they have GPS on all the cars that's easily programmed).

The problem with "just turn the truck right around" is you can't do that until ALL the vehicles on the truck complete their sale while still physically outside of Texas.

Most TX buyers have told stories about this taking days and often involving sending paperwork via Fedex back/forth to Nevada (another poster mentioned it was because NV was friendlier than CA for getting out of state temp plates or something like that).

So the truck would have to either unload the cars, go on to other things, and another truck pick up all the "sold" cars later- or it would have to sit loaded and parked outside of TX until all the cars on it had completed all the sales paperwork, then it could head back.
Drop trailer of cars awaiting paperwork and immediately pick up trailer waiting with cars ready to deliver to customers in TX.

Drop trailer of cars awaiting paperwork and immediately pick up trailer waiting with cars ready to deliver to customers in TX.
You guys have it all wrong. Tesla is going to autonomously drive a herd of cybertrucks to the Oklahoma border cattledrive style. There they will be auctioned off to buyers at the cyber stockyards. Until FSD is approved they will use trains.

This is so cool :). Subsidies to start "in a few weeks", only for up-front price, have to pay the subscription fee yourself. Is legit, original Handelsblatt piece (paywall unfortunately): SpaceX-Tochter: Gutscheine für Elon Musks Starlink: Wie der Bund jetzt endlich schnelles Internet aufs Land bringen will

Hope this will also indirectly help the Tesla brand as people realize it´s both Elon.

Deleted post.
You think Tesla could just intentionally and blatantly break the law and that would generate positive press? There are LOTS and LOTS of dumb laws, but corporations are still obligated to operate in accordance with them.

It's a nice fantasy to imagine the "little guy" standing up to something unfair, but get real: the rest of the world is going to see a $600 billion dollar corporation headed by one of the richest men on Earth just blatantly defying the rules because he simply doesn't wanna follow them, and he's too rich to be held accountable. It'd be a disaster, and an incredibly dumb move on Tesla's part.

Last edited:
Tesla's Virtual Power Plant in South Australia is being expanded from the initial 1100 low income homes with another 3000 being added.
Tesla battery scheme rolled out to homes without solar to build virtual power plant in SA

Under the program the Powerwalls are installed in the homes for free as part of a deal between Tesla and the SA Government. The 3000 homes in the next phase will just have Powerwalls without any solar but can still acheive 30-50% energy savings for the residents.

Tesla remove stuff that people don't use or want all the time. I have a model S 85D with a sunroof. Try getting that now. You can't. Why? My wife was the only person in the world who wanted one.
If cars contain every feature wanted by everyone they cost 10x as much and look like they were designed by homer simpson.
I'm glad I'm not paying for a feature nobody uses.

I was surprised to see a positive informative article for once on the BBC. (Although they could have stated that it’s because of Tesla that the transition is happening)
Nothing new for people on this forum but for the general public this could be an eye opener.

From Papafox:

We are up premarket, despite 3 days of discussion here on anything but TSLA investment.
It’s been a LONG time since I’ve let anyone take a test drive. Now, with people being vaccinated, I’ve started again. Probably going to turn into a sale. Probably be Model Y.

I like how a few loose ends, cabin monitoring & vision only, are being nailed down and fresh SW is coming.

Top all that off with new factories coming online and the best incentives ever seen right in the home market and it looks pretty good for the next few years.

I was surprised to see a positive informative article for once on the BBC. (Although they could have stated that it’s because of Tesla that the transition is happening)
Nothing new for people on this forum but for the general public this could be an eye opener.
wait until they “discover” Tony Seba who has a more concise explanation about the rapid change of technological adaptation
(poor landline phones, soon a thing of the past)

EV’s, led by Tesla, will overwhelm and the chart will be reminiscent of “the stock market crash of 1987”, a tiny blip way down on the graph, barely visible. (still wish i had held my MSFT, now worth $74,500/share)

lots of good news for TSLA everywhere. HODL

1622541129080.png

Last edited:
I'm so dumb I just now realized my car even had a lumbar support button thingy.
This is the biggest non-issue ever. I mess around with lumbar the first day I get a vehicle, never find a good spot for it, then promptly forget it’s an option and never touch it again.

I’m confident that many others are in the same boat. If Tesla identified this as a cost saving method, then who am I to critique. People love to make mountains out of mole hills, especially with anything Tesla.

The whole Tesla has to ship cars out of Texas before selling them situation is an annoyance, but its a non-issue. Sure will cost a little more to deliver to texas customers, but probably no more than it costs today to deliver from California to Texas. But logistically it will just mean keeping a few thousand cars extra in a large inventory lot over the state border in Louisiana or Oklahoma for Texas customers. So new orders get taken from that inventory daily, and Tesla replenishes it with new stock daily. Seems pretty simple logistics wise. It will mean a one time bump in inventory level, but then it will be steady state.

How does the sales tax work in Texas? If these vehicles are technically purchased out of state, does that mean Texas stands to lose tens of millions in sales taxes annually with this situation?