Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK for most of the time (80-95%), when car is driven without no passengers (daily commute etc)

More uncomfortable for long family trips, for one more passenger.

Material world is full of items we do not use :) Tesla going Mary Kondo in aesthetics.
If enough people go FSD and stop touching the steering wheel, Tesla is gonna throw it out as well.

That "one more passenger" is usually the spouse. If I told her to "suck it up, buttercup" .... my next Tesla purchase will probably get veto'd. I see this feature coming back in the future, or we'll end up keeping our current Tesla's until the end of our natural lives.

Credit to Tom Nash for pointing this out to me but I think it's relevant to our constant discussions about naked shorting etc.

Kaufman is now in charge of Biden's transition team and had previously pressured the SEC to implement changes that would make the ridiculous process of naked shorting impossible. This suggests that he might be in a position now to push this further.

Kaufman to SEC: Do your job

As a non native English speaker I think lumbar is the first word I've come across here that I had to look up the meaning off.
English is the silly putty of languages. We like to absorb anything we touch. It's derived from Latin.

If you had told me 2 weeks ago that "passenger seat automatic lumbar support" would be a topic as large as "bitcoin", I would have laughed in your face.
It is a big deal to some of us.

At this point, it would be nice if there was some actual competition. That would likely inspire Tesla to improve their communication with customers. Removing features without notifying waiting orders does not leave a good impression on customers.

I'm also irritated at how Tesla handled the eMMc recall. I had a MCU1 failure in a 2013 Model S due to the eMMc issue. Paid over $2500 for thr repair and requested a MCU2 if possible. Another MCU1 was put into the car and a year later it began showing the same eMMc issue. I brought it up to service who reset the memory (wiping my saved addresses and many settings) and then said it was fine. Issues persisted and I ordered a model y and traded in.

I was denied the reimbursement. After four attempts to ask for clarification, Teslas response was that my repair had another MCU1 with the unresolved issue put into my car during the repair, so the car still had the issue, and therefore I'm not eligible for the reimbursement. Really, that was the response.

Teslas are the best vehicles on the road and the best investment out there. I'm not selling or buying anything else, but I don't think tesla is above criticism. If they had an actual competitor, I think Tesla would be putting some more effort into communication, and adding more paint colors and maybe not removing options with no notice.

Ready for the disagrees.

It is a big deal to some of us.

At this point, it would be nice if there was some actual competition. That would likely inspire Tesla to improve their communication with customers. Removing features without notifying waiting orders does not leave a good impression on customers.
Telsa communication still blows. No argument here. I just don't understand how it's not easier to send out a few emails proactively vs waiting for blowback.

No disagree from me. I paid for my own MCU2 upgrade and tesla are basically ignoring my claims for reimbursement.
Teslas screw ups, in my opinion:
  • Constantly overpromising on 'full self driving' deadlines
  • The whole 'no rain sensor...manual wipers' nonsense
  • The throttling of charge rates for old model S without telling owners
  • The denying MCU is an issue, then reluctantly having to be forced by court cases into dealing with it
  • The pointless waste of time, attention and damage to the brand that the whole bitcoin fiasco represents.
  • Scrapping the entire PR dept, and letting FUD go unchallenged.
Tesla is my biggest investment, my favorite possession and my #1 favorite company, but they don't always make it easy. They are not above criticism and not everything elon does is some amazing 4d chess move. Its just the competition is so terrible that tesla can get away with being really bad in some areas.

Re AMD's Ryzen and GPU in Tesla's infotainment system - note, AMD's CEO spilled the beans first, great too from an advert not an advert POV, as AMD is the new disruptor in tech, bypassing nVIDIA and burying Intel (lower power envelope, adaptive power consumption and super high compute power, bested only by Apple's M1).
Elon acknowledged the Tweet : " Yeah, new Model S & X have PS5 level entertainment computing power" - confirming the S/X models will have these for games. But I am scratching my head, as I suspect he's sandbagging the possible/ already implemented applications specific to the cars. For one, these CPU/ GPUs enable a near perfect rendition of landscapes/ terrain with their vector or is it ray processors ... and can be accessed remotely on your Mac/PC laptops ...couple that with the 8 cameras, the already available high def rendition of buildings and bridges in Google*'s (or Tesla's) databases, the data recognition algos for license plates with auto lookup of vehicle brand /history and you can well imagine how many projects are being worked upon. We'll probably see the best of them when the 4860 MY and M3's are out.

(*) Google, who announced on May 13 a joint partnership with SpaceX's Starlink project, to provide the cloud infrastructure part to internet coverage everywhere.
So with a gamut of external cameras, an internal tracking camera freshly turned on and an advanced GPU it can only mean that we should start speckulating about an advanced AR HUD for the next 2-3 years.

Tesla's focus on software is going to pay off big time and continue to put them further and further ahead of competition.

The winning automotive maker of the future won’t be those with the coolest looking car. It will be the ones with the best software for entertainment, safety, and reliability.

Tesla also happens to have very cool looking cars, so that's icing on the cake.

Tesla & Elon take weeks to confirm if there was a driver in the seat of a car that crashed or had AP on, but they have logs about lumbar support (not) being used in the passenger seat. Sure, sure.
every time you post, it makes me happy because it reaffirms my preconceptions about the intelligence of Tesla's enemies.

Re AMD's Ryzen and GPU in Tesla's infotainment system - note, AMD's CEO spilled the beans first, great too from an advert not an advert POV, as AMD is the new disruptor in tech, bypassing nVIDIA and burying Intel (lower power envelope, adaptive power consumption and super high compute power, bested only by Apple's M1).
Elon acknowledged the Tweet : " Yeah, new Model S & X have PS5 level entertainment computing power" - confirming the S/X models will have these for games. But I am scratching my head, as I suspect he's sandbagging the possible/ already implemented applications specific to the cars. For one, these CPU/ GPUs enable a near perfect rendition of landscapes/ terrain with their vector or is it ray processors ... and can be accessed remotely on your Mac/PC laptops ...couple that with the 8 cameras, the already available high def rendition of buildings and bridges in Google*'s (or Tesla's) databases, the data recognition algos for license plates with auto lookup of vehicle brand /history and you can well imagine how many projects are being worked upon. We'll probably see the best of them when the 4860 MY and M3's are out.

(*) Google, who announced on May 13 a joint partnership with SpaceX's Starlink project, to provide the cloud infrastructure part to internet coverage everywhere.

Incredible fact: Over the last 6 years, AMD shares have tripled the incredible performance of TSLA shares!

There are a lot of AMD shareholders who have become wealthy in the last 5-6 years and are sitting on silly money. This recent news, announced by AMD's beloved CEO, just gave AMD shareholders around the globe one more reason to like Elon Musk and Tesla. People who wouldn't have considered buying a Tesla previously (what has Tesla ever done for me?), now feel that Tesla is on their side which gives them a friendlier disposition towards becoming a Tesla family.

The world of Tesla brand ambassadors and Tesla's advertising "budget" just keeps getting bigger, all at no cost to Tesla.

Rimac launched their new vehicle today. The power is much higher than the Plaid+, although the range looks quite short compared to what Tesla is offering these days. It will likely cost an arm and a leg too.

1622561246441.png

Last edited: