Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car has to physically be out of state prior to being sold (accomplished by the car not being available to be matched to an online order until after it crosses the TX state line, since they have GPS on all the cars that's easily programmed).

The problem with "just turn the truck right around" is you can't do that until ALL the vehicles on the truck complete their sale while still physically outside of Texas.

Most TX buyers have told stories about this taking days and often involving sending paperwork via Fedex back/forth to Nevada (another poster mentioned it was because NV was friendlier than CA for getting out of state temp plates or something like that).

So the truck would have to either unload the cars, go on to other things, and another truck pick up all the "sold" cars later- or it would have to sit loaded and parked outside of TX until all the cars on it had completed all the sales paperwork, then it could head back.
NO...... IT..... WOULDN'T.
(You are full of salt. Like you have factual data on "most TX buyers have told stories"? "Most"? Really?
And...
So many Cyber(nota)trucks would be sold where the process would be streamlined because it is all about logistics (and the money). If my close friend can docusign over the internet for the Funeral home to cremate his Mother then a Docusigned bill of sale is definitely doable.

Re AMD's Ryzen and GPU in Tesla's infotainment system - note, AMD's CEO spilled the beans first, great too from an advert not an advert POV, as AMD is the new disruptor in tech, bypassing nVIDIA and burying Intel (lower power envelope, adaptive power consumption and super high compute power, bested only by Apple's M1).
Elon acknowledged the Tweet : " Yeah, new Model S & X have PS5 level entertainment computing power" - confirming the S/X models will have these for games. But I am scratching my head, as I suspect he's sandbagging the possible/ already implemented applications specific to the cars. For one, these CPU/ GPUs enable a near perfect rendition of landscapes/ terrain with their vector or is it ray processors ... and can be accessed remotely on your Mac/PC laptops ...couple that with the 8 cameras, the already available high def rendition of buildings and bridges in Google*'s (or Tesla's) databases, the data recognition algos for license plates with auto lookup of vehicle brand /history and you can well imagine how many projects are being worked upon. We'll probably see the best of them when the 4860 MY and M3's are out.

(*) Google, who announced on May 13 a joint partnership with SpaceX's Starlink project, to provide the cloud infrastructure part to internet coverage everywhere.
You got me think.
Elon/Asperger's et al. must be visually oriented more so than most.
So if he's got this thing....

Delicious bits, right from your first byte! ;)
Great food would really help Tesla as a lifestyle brand. The Story is what every company looks for in Marketing, or so I'm told from people inside Nike.
Clean energy, great food, healthy lifestyles - Connect with your tribe over lunch. There's no rush really. That hype is all just for some salesperson in a freakin hurry, and short sellers alike.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
And...
So many Cyber(nota)trucks would be sold where the process would be streamlined because it is all about logistics (and the money). If my close friend can docusign over the internet for the Funeral home to cremate his Mother then a Docusigned bill of sale is definitely doable.

That's great. But your idea still leaves you with a whole transport full of vehicles you can't START the sales process on until they leave the state, and then have to sit there on the transport until every ones future owner completes the entire sales process.... (including finalizing financing, which often requires a VIN to do that they can't have been given in advance of the truck leaving the state).

So you are still going to end up far better off following the other guys suggestion.

Unload the truck immediately. Those VINs now go into the pot of the ones that can be assigned to people with orders in Texas to start the purchase process- which depending on the buyer and their circumstances can take many days to complete and it's unlikely it'll take the SAME time for every buyer of every specific vehicle on that transport.

Then immediately fill that empty transport with the ones dropped off last week (or whenever previously) that have ALREADY completed the sales process and drive that transport back to Texas.

If we assume sales volume will be high, then keeping full transport trucks moving both directions will beat having full trucks sitting around for days or more at a time waiting on customers to get around to finishing paperwork in a coordinated fashion with other specific owners.

Oh- the OTHER upside to that?

You can load the truck heading back to Texas in the correct order- since you'll know where each one is being dropped off along the return trip.

Your way you'd end up having to do extra unloading/reshuffling anyway since when they were LOADED you had no idea who was buying any given car or where it would need to be dropped off.

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
Well, that might be a good point actually. Humans like to be a little unique. Most brands do this by offering a mish mash of products that step all over each other. Perhaps something relatively simple like more paint/wheel options would help provide that desire.

The rumors about Tesla installed wraps would work well here if true.

Reactions: CHGolferJim

Likely just for Tesla branded mini-shops at large SC locations but the drive in movie theater idea is awesome.
I bet they will be selling DOGE biscuits...

Someone’s efforts at disruption have now been rewarded with a well deserved 30 day vacation. Longer trips are available.

Now that I have everyone’s attention: the Texas sales ban discussion dies here too.
Agree. But, geez… this SP action,

0B9F5BCB-42DA-407B-996E-A4DDDB94ED8D.gif

Likely just for Tesla branded mini-shops at large SC locations but the drive in movie theater idea is awesome.
OT. Anyone ( esp but not necessarily Tesla owners/ chefs* ) want to start a thread for Tesla Burger recipes (I'm way too not organized right now to take care of another web thing)? My beef (!) with most burger meat is that its consistency is MUSHY, like pureed meat. I once tried hand chopped meat (like the Chinese chef of old in Paris we knew, with a pair of heavy cleavers, he'd BRRRR the meat like a food processor) - it makes a big difference. Here in NYC restaurants and foodies like Pat Lafrieda meats, still mushy for me.

If Kenji Alt Lopez isn't a Tesla fan/ owner (yet), can someone in Seattle convince him to take a test drive? Why Kenji ... he's a great chef and an MIT grad who took cooking on with first principles and physics in mind ;D