Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading through the comments it’s clear that motorcyclists as a group tend to have a higher proportion of gearheads than car drivers do so adoption might be slower. That’s okay as it gives time for the battery tech and charging infrastructure to improve. That’s needed as there’s not a lot of space to put the batteries in a bike and certainly don’t want the bike getting too heavy.

Excellent discourse with your commenters too. Setting the e-mobility record straight, one rider at a time!
Sorry. Weekend OT.

Sometimes there is a vocal minority. Or an inherent bias. In regards to electric motorcycles I believe this to be true.

I am an avid motorcyclist. For many years I road-raced street bikes, I transitioned about 10 years ago to primarily off-road trail riding. I do several Enduros and hare scrambles each year.

A good friend of mine was a rep for Alta and I had the pleasure of taking a demo ride with him in Tahoe National Forest. I wanted badly to buy one; but the company was abruptly shuttered and I was advised by this friend/rep that the e-motorcycles were no longer available for purchase and we’re scheduled to be crushed After the company was acquired by Bombardier.

“California-based Alta Motors was well known for their electric dirt bikes. However, disaster struck when the company was forced to close late last year amid financial trouble. While many held out hope that the company would be purchased and saved, that doesn’t appear to be the case. Instead, their assets were bought by Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP).”

The motorcycle was superior to any gasoline bike I’ve ridden…for the same reasons that electric cars are superior to gas cars. Traction, throttle control, weight distribution, noise, and smell; I could go on.

Both of my children ride OSET electric trials motorcycles and absolutely love them. When their friends ride them they are blown away by the ease of use and enjoyment factor.

Ironically; you cannot legally ride OSET motorcycles at the OHV state vehicular motorcycle parks where my tax money is directed. Even in California which claims to be clean energy focused. This is absurd, but just a singular example of how media and influence control the dialogue, and consequently, the policy.

Ok. I admit I drew a likely inaccurate conclusion.

I love this family as we often point out each others deficiencies of thought.

I jumped to a conclusion. It is quite possible (highly likely) that ZK hasn’t sold all of, or any, of it’s BTC.

I do feel (hope) the love affair/obsession for crypto has passed and we can move on to the pressing issues that Tesla is addressing; transitioning to clean energy.

I have small children; I hope they live in a world with abundant clean energy. The toxic nature of the crypto culture is also something I really hope they won’t experience.
You and everyone else if Elon just meant a break up with the btc community. If that's that's case then this is miscommunication at its greatest. Elon can literally say "the btc community is toxic and my conversation with them ends here". Wouldn't tank his own btc investment AND being precise at calling out toxicity. But instead he created more toxicity with miscommunication like a boss.

If his intent was to cause miscommunication, then he loves the toxicity and is doing what he can to fuel it.

You and everyone else if Elon just meant a break up with the btc community. If that's that's case then this is miscommunication at its greatest. Elon can literally say "the btc community is toxic and my conversation with them ends here". Wouldn't tank his own btc investment AND being precise at calling out toxicity. But instead he created more toxicity with miscommunication like a boss.

If his intent was to cause miscommunication, then he loves the toxicity and is doing what he can to fuel it.
Speaking of “cultures”, it has been educational to observe the dynamic between BTC culture and Tesla culture.
Both are generally blamed by outsiders for extremism.
Within, at a fundamental level, both envision a better world through abandoning legacy thought patterns.

New converts to anything are often angry at those who “don’t understand” what they have only recently learned themselves. Suddenly, they are experts, and everyone who doesn’t get it looks stupid to them.

Tolerance goes a long way in times of change

Wife & I had a Model Y test drive today, and it convinced us that 3 years with our beloved Model 3 was coming to an end. Wish we could keep both, but probably not going to happen.

Model Y is a most amazing car. o_O September delivery confirmed...

(X on the screen in the background is from the wall monitor at the Tesla showroom)

EDIT; Life is short people. Time to get a move on. ;)

View attachment 669395
I hear ya. I'm trying to figure out how I can justify having 3 Tesla's when I get my CT. It's like trying to decide which of your kids to part with.

I would rather leave the path open for Elon to surprise the naked shorts again. I really think Tesla management has this stuff under control regardless of how nervous some shareholders get during times like this.
And I would think that since this is the case the split would likely be just prior to the next capital raise.

And I would think that since this is the case the split would likely be just prior to the next capital raise.
They’re not doing another capital raise. Don’t know why some (not you, just people on Twitter) thinking they will or need to. They have plenty of cash to fund multiple new gigafactories at the same time and they’ve been retiring debt at a fast pace the last two quarters

They’re not doing another capital raise. Don’t know why some (not you, just people on Twitter) thinking they will or need to. They have plenty of cash to fund multiple new gigafactories at the same time and they’ve been retiring debt at a fast pace the last two quarters
Mostly agree. The only reason they would do one is to moderate the share price and perhaps provide a bit of face saving for others, just as they did last time.

Anonymous targeting Musk with FUD

funny.JPG

🤣

This crypto stuff is crazy; crypto wars...

Last edited:
So then, does this mean Anonymous is made of of Bitcoin fanbois who's feelers got hurt when Elon took them to task over some of their miners' abuse of dirty energy?

Or, maybe it is but a tentacle of Rupert Murdoch's empire playing at a 4D level chess game of social engineering?

Or, maybe both, i.e. Rupert Murdock is also a closet Bitcoin miner / fanboi?

• Funny
Reactions: gabeincal
Anonymous targeting Musk with FUD

And I got tons of disagrees here when I simply pointed out the damage Elon is doing to the crypto community and the enemies he is creating. Since then, the FUD from the crypto community has gotten even worse along with Elon’s taunting of the community. I personally know of multiple cancels of real Tesla orders. Yes, demand still outpaces supply, but this is not good for the future.

And I got tons of disagrees here when I simply pointed out the damage Elon is doing to the crypto community and the enemies he is creating. Since then, the FUD from the crypto community has gotten even worse along with Elon’s taunting of the community. I personally know of multiple cancels of real Tesla orders. Yes, demand still outpaces supply, but this is not good for the future.
Ummm there’s not that many people trading crypto that are fanatics lol. You’re making it seems like there’s hundreds of thousands, if not million, of crypto traders that are potential Tesla customers. What a gross over exaggeration of the impact of upsetting a few thousand Bitcoin fanatics. Tesla isn’t going to reach mass market acceptance (over 2-3 million vehicles are year) off of crypto trading consumers

Ummm there’s not that many people trading crypto that are fanatics lol. You’re making it seems like there’s hundreds of thousands, if not million, of crypto traders that are potential Tesla customers. What a gross over exaggeration of the impact of upsetting a few thousand Bitcoin fanatics. Tesla isn’t going to reach mass market acceptance (over 2-3 million vehicles are year) off of crypto trading consumers
It’s millions and it’s both them and the FUD they are creating. They spread that to many, especially those who are open to anti Electric vehicle propaganda.

you do know coinbase alone has 56 million accounts?

Dates for your my diary:

7th June Apple WWDC
10th June Tesla event
11th June G7 Summit starts
11th June Euros (the beautiful game) start
2nd? July P&D
11th July Euros end
13th July Arsenal's first friendly match of season
24th? July ER
Late July? AI day

Gotta find some time for work...
Are these about that country that used to be in Europe? I forget the name......

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11