Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I’m really glad that Tesla sold its bitcoin for multiple reasons. But once I saw this cult leader I have decided to liquidate my coin wallet. It was insignificant compared to my TSLA investment; but I simply cannot condone this behavior.

WARNING: adult (edit: childish) language.

Am I missing something?
I'm not seeing anything about BTC sale

For low end chip for automakers yes. Cause the periphery small chip makers that manufacturer lower tech chip for auto were shut down due to covid infection. COVID + no water to wash hand. You understand how bad it is.

TSMC is mainly manufacturing high end chips. If I remember correctly TSLA contracts out to Samsung for their AI chip, but man, I don't know what, I assume at least one chip in that high tech tsla car is manufactured by TSMC.

There are many announcement of both Japan building plants and TSMC spending 30 bil in usa. But those new plants are going to take a while to build. So within a year we are going to see shortages. Add all these crypto miner to the mix and you got the mess we are in now. And guess what? Now Hard Drives are going to get shortages too.
Tesla's AI chip is manufactured by Samsung in Texas and then shipped to China for board assembly, no?

In any case, it's the common-or-garden chips which are the scarce resources, methinks

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1622885047865.png
    1622885047865.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
the model 2 is an expansion of TAM and nice but 25k$ is an extreme theory. the model y is vicinity of 12k$ gross profit each. You have to stay ballpark that or you risk cannibalization. Given Tesla is still ramping I would find it odd to jump in with a price 30% lower than best price achieved so far in order to create demand multiples higher than they can serve. Further, robotaxi presses for higher purchase price since the value of the vehicle becomes how desirable it is to ride customers.

Tesla’s biggest valuation component will remain 3/y even in regime of model 2. They can continue to drop prices and cost on these models As time goes on. Eventually they have the institutional power and intelligence to cross the biggest chasm of all. Introducing a new color.
Agreed. The lowest price Tesla is now $40k. The new low price model will probably be $30k at a minimum. During the fed credit period it will be $20k which will sell every unit.

Well, I’m really glad that Tesla sold its bitcoin for multiple reasons. But once I saw this cult leader I have decided to liquidate my coin wallet. It was insignificant compared to my TSLA investment; but I simply cannot condone this behavior.

WARNING: adult (edit: childish) language.

For us Crypto Virgins . . . . . . who is this guy?

People are interpreting this tweet as Tesla selling BTC

Personally I think that's incorrect, this would be material information and very risky, I think rather that Elon is referring to his relationship with the BTC community

Either way it's "material" as this tweet like other major tweets like "diamond hands" move markets and tesla book loses if tweets like these causes btc to crash significantly. Also how many times does Elon have to clarify Tesla didn't sell after everytime he flips a table on Twitter?

My interpretation is both, sold and broke up with btc community.

What's you channel?

Moto Mengy, I have a motorcycle vlog channel, nothing related to Tesla.

Although when I do buy my Model Y either later this year or early 2022 I am going to have a go at a Tesla oriented YT channel of some kind. I won't do a Tesla news channel because we have lots of those already. Maybe I should do an anti-Tesla FUD channnel? Because if Tesla won't fight the FUD then maybe we need to do it ourselves in a public manner? :cool:

Moto Mengy, I have a motorcycle vlog channel, nothing related to Tesla.

Although when I do buy my Model Y either later this year or early 2022 I am going to have a go at a Tesla oriented YT channel of some kind. I won't do a Tesla news channel because we have lots of those already. Maybe I should do an anti-Tesla FUD channnel? Because if Tesla won't fight the FUD then maybe we need to do it ourselves in a public manner? :cool:
Good idea on the anti fud channel. It would be useful to have links to share that address specific items.