Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I just noticed I made a big mistake there, it says 500/week not per month, could some Mod help me modify the post so it won’t mislead people?
Click "report" for your own post. In your report, make your request to a moderator.

Mod edit: Yes, this is the preferred method, thanks. But I already fixed it. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see this get picked up by the mainstream media:

In a testament to Tesla’s number one priority, safety, all four occupants of the red Model 3 were able to get out of the car under their own power before first responders arrived. All four were transported to a nearby hospital with only minor and moderate injuries.

I only feel ok about this because everyone survived- but my first thought was "How weird is it that during a 100 foot drop they were still accelerating slower than a Plaid Model S can on level ground?"

View attachment 676781

Google really needs some more relevant "Top stories" for TSLA. 🙄
A005B198-CDD6-440F-ABA9-AAF2ACA6B980.gif

Well, the posts that appear here are written by people. Just plain old fallable people. People that enjoy/need a laugh now and then. I think keeping this forum "human" is a good thing...but that's just me.

Dan
Well, of course. That's stating the obvious.

Many people posted here today that made many others laugh; I know I laughed. Very funny people here.. Several did so in less than 10 words...

What's apparently not obvious to some is that, not everyone has full network bandwidth 100% of the time, or are using small screen phones on slow cellular to keep track of TMC.

Large graphics, and oft repeated gifs are, IMHO, a hindrance to this thread. Honestly, just how many times can one see the same graphic and think it's still funny? What would you tell someone who told the same joke repeatedly IRL? I highly doubt anyone would think it's funny.

Reactions: MikeC and jerry33
Now that's my kinda day! Great performance TSLA, and still climbing after market 🤤

I'm curious what's going to happen come Friday with this big call spike at 650 - does anyone think the MMs will do their best pirating to take it down under??

View attachment 676806
The problem is that chart doesn't really tell you anything. That volume could be all split 50/50 buy/close and have resulted in no change to the Open Interest. So we won't know until ~7 AM ET how much the OI changed today.

Up one full Gordo or half a @Krugerrand eyelash.

Not bad.

Today at the $650 Strike, there were 141,103 Call contracts and 29,623 Put contracts traded, representing over 17 Million shares. Yes, just today, and just at the $650 Strike price. :O

Don't ever let anybody tell you the tail don't wag the dog: with TSLA, the mob rules.

Cheers!

Now that's my kinda day! Great performance TSLA, and still climbing after market 🤤

I'm curious what's going to happen come Friday with this big call spike at 650 - does anyone think the MMs will do their best pirating to take it down under??

View attachment 676806

Note that you're displaying today's Options VOLUME in that chart, not the Open Interest, which is what matters for this Friday's expiries.

Cheers!

Just saw this on FB. Looks like the East Coast is getting some Model Y S deliveries this quarter. I believe this is Mt Kisco, NY.

Edit: Typo... Model S. Thanks to the mod who fixed it.
Also, got confirmation it is in Mt. Kisco (northern suburb of NYC).
OT
I recognize that parking spot. That's where my Model 3 was parked that wonderful day June 5, 2018. As I walked past it after the Uber driver dropped me off from the train station, I wondered, "could it be mine"? And thus it was so. Signed the paperwork as they slapped on the plates. Walked out for a quick lesson with the water drops on the roof, glistening like orange colored opals. Ten minutes later, I was on my way home to surprise everyone at work, at home, and friends. My first of what will hopefully be many Tesla's.

Now my oldest daughter is buying her first Tesla, just waiting for the dust to settle on the Green Energy Plan. My youngest daughter is right behind her but will take a few more years. (still in college). My oldest son owns a landscaping business and I may just surprise him with my Cybertruck reservation.
I see a Plaid S in my future. Can't find any way to justify it but I'm a grown a$$ man. I make my own decisions. Take my money.

coiled spring. Longer the Base, the Bigger the ??

FOMO after Market decided which way it wanted to go, after trending in the 200MAs....

Macro- less fearful of inflation, done with energy, financials and other opening plays what have you's. Index fund tracking market (S&P) where I have all $$ i am not allowed to manage, was almost at ATH yesterday.
Prep to launch for quarterly deliveries (lazy, unconvincing letter - "for all hands on deck" ;) )

Does this explain the SP action today?
The action is still ongoing in the after-hours.

@Artful Dodger @Curt Renz

I don't think this rule change for the Clearing houses will affect Options market makers. The change mostly increased capital requirements for retail brokers like Robbing Hood. Nothing appears to have changed for the worst culprits.

Important Notice National Securities Clearing ... - DTCC https://www.dtcc.com › media › Files › pdf

Today's climb in TSLA is more about 'reversion-to-the-mean' for the SP ahead of a big news event Jul 02 (P&D Report). TSLA was badly oversold.

Cheers!

Does this explain the SP action today?
The action is still ongoing in the after-hours.

@Artful Dodger @Curt Renz
OMG, this could be huge. What a find! heard about this absolutely nowhere, lol

I do not doubt for a moment that a curtailing of naked shorting could be all about today.

We may very well have a long way to go if this is the case.