Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After hours volume likely will be ~1.5M

Does anyone know of a source to check historical after hours volumes?

This urgency to acquire shares, even if through after-hours seems short covering.

Is there a TSLA specific influencing factor, or some broader factor?

If it isn’t short covering, and shares are getting acquired with such urgency, then it’s likely not just reversion to mean, but someone’s know something big?
What could they know from a company fundamentals standpoint that we don’t?

1) Blowout Q2? C’mon that’s pretty much a given. Q1 was good too, but no one cared.

2) FSD v9 Beta release? Again, big yawn from Wall Street.

3) Berlin or Austin revelations? There are spycams flying overhead every day

4) Weak-ass competition? Those are the guys that pay the bills.

I got nothing. It’s gotta be bizarro @Artful Dodger Kubuki Theatre stuff that defies logic. I’m just following you guys’ lead. I’m out of my element.

They videos from Berlin are not getting as much regular attention here as the Austin and Shanghai ones. I think it's at least partly because most are filmed on weekends when there are much less, and if on Sundays almost no, workers on site.

So I'ld like to bring a brand new one from Tobias Lindh to everyones attention. Look at around the 5 minute mark and you'll see a worksite as busy as any. Then look at that rebar cage around the 8 minute mark and I will tell you everything is smaller in Texas.

Nice day and a good after-hours pop after a long time. And predictable too. This AH pop happened many times in the past.

So, the move today of ~33 points was on light volume of ~30 million shares. Just the delta hedging need from market makers requires them to buy ~20 million shares per my calculations. This requires ~3-4x trading volume, and today's volume was definitely not enough to delta hedge their books.

So the weak (perhaps smart) market makers are buying to go home a bit flatter and a get a tad more sleep. This may continue another day before the 650 call buyers decide to book profits.

Either way, interesting week ahead.

Last edited:
They videos from Berlin are not getting as much regular attention here as the Austin and Shanghai ones. I think it's at least partly because most are filmed on weekends when there are much less, and if on Sundays almost no, workers on site.

So I'ld like to bring a brand new one from Tobias Lindh to everyones attention. Look at around the 5 minute mark and you'll see a worksite as busy as any. Then look at that rebar cage around the 8 minute mark and I will tell you everything is smaller in Texas.

Foundations for GigaPresses or a huge battery making machine?

• Helpful
Reactions: capster

TSLA's strong After-hrs volume continued for the 3rd consecutive day: (5.0% of Main session vol.)

TSLA After-Hours Quotes​

Data last updated Jun 23, 2021 08:00 PM ET.
This page will resume updating on Jun 24, 2021 04:00 PM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$663.3 +6.73 (+1.03%)
After-Hours Volume1,461,201
After-Hours High$664.64 (06:28:03 PM)
After-Hours Low$527.5993 (05:38:51 PM)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Supposedly this is where the battery building will be. But I have not seen any plausible explanations for foundations that huge. Certainly nothing like it built in the Austin corner where they will have battery production.

Giga Berlin permits have been revised several times due to local concerns expressed about ground water and the underlying water table. For example, deep pilings were disallowed and subsequently the number of floors on some buildings were curtailed.

The 'hero' photo for that video looks like some form of ground membrane. Perhaps its purpose is to distribute surface pressure across a wider area for large production machinery. Perhaps some of our members with actual civil engineering experience could comment... ;)

Cheers!

Cathie Wood must be doing something right. Yesterday, Sucking Alpha published a hit piece on ARK's flagship ETF, in which TSLA is the largest holding.

The article brims with fancy jargon, impressive charts and tables, and ridiculous grammatical errors. I skimmed the impressiveness and found this:

Let's take a look at the company's 5 main holdings and what investors can expect.​
Tesla
Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) currently trades at a P/E multiple of above 600. The company has made significant strides in the international EV market but the stock doesn't justify valuation by any means. If you use the company's free cash flow and multiply it by EV/EBITDA then divide it by shares outstanding you'll find an absolute value of $482.04, worth a downside of 29%. The company is still innovative in nature (common with engineering companies) phase and additional shares might need to be issued to expand, which will most likely dilute fair value even further. [sic]​

I confess I stopped there.
Who knew the formula was so simple? 🤷‍♂️ @The Accountant is doing it all wrong.

Supposedly this is where the battery building will be. But I have not seen any plausible explanations for foundations that huge. Certainly nothing like it built in the Austin corner where they will have battery production.

The building is the new battery cell production building. The reason that the foundations are so big is that they are not allowed to use a piled foundation as they are in a groundwater protection area and piles would puncture the aquifers. They have been able to use some piles in the main stamping area but had to get specific approval for that limited number. Austin uses geopiers (bored holes filled with compressed gravel) to support its foundations so the footings can be much smaller and they likely have better ground. So Berlin ends up using raft foundations, which are basically massive reinforced concrete blocks to spread and support the weight of the building.

Below I have included the ground floor layout for the battery cell building with the main areas marked up to show them clearly. For the image below North is actually to the left so rotate clockwise 90 degrees to align with the site.

GF4 Battery LG.jpg

The main footings you see being constructed now in the video is under the cathode and anode production areas (and likely also Tesla Silicon). These will likely include large tanks/bins and heavy elements that will need the substantial raft footings. The deeper area north of the main work that is just starting to get reo is the battery cell stamping line. This would be a big heavy piece of equipment needing deeper footings like the car stamping presses need deep footings in the main factory. The area at the left hand end is for forming where the battery cells go through various temperature ranges and charging in large racks over 10 days. Surprisingly this area doesn't have much in the way of footings apart from the typical column bases.

TSLA's strong After-hrs volume continued for the 3rd consecutive day: (5.0% of Main session vol.)

TSLA After-Hours Quotes​

Data last updated Jun 23, 2021 08:00 PM ET.
This page will resume updating on Jun 24, 2021 04:00 PM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$663.3 +6.73 (+1.03%)
After-Hours Volume1,461,201
After-Hours High$664.64 (06:28:03 PM)
After-Hours Low$527.5993 (05:38:51 PM)

Cheers!
What’s with the AH low? Do we know the volume at that price?

Reactions: OrthoSurg