Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BREAKING: ('cos that word makes you pay attention 🤣)

Model S non-Plaid, dual-motor variant is being delivered. A recipient in San Antonio TX posted these pics in the local FB group:
Chips are in?

edit: I wonder if we’ll ever learn the story behind the S/X/Plaid/non-Plaid/delay/missing part(s) saga?

Soon after I retired from active duty in 1994; Germany went on a tear, as I believe, and installed solar panels when and where possible. Now that is impressive ~ hopefully if you live in Germany you can tell me I am right, and not wrong. Please.
That was with Schröder and a social/green government. Until 2003 Merkel took office under conservative/libdems.
They killed the whole solar industry. 70k jobs went off to china.
3(?) Years ago they did the same with wind. You now cannot legally erect new windmills in around 99% of the country.

I hope for a big green win in September.. but odds are against it. >50% of voters are over 50. 60% of those vote conservative. And they fear greens, because it threatens their way of life. They won't have to live with the consequences.
It is a huge generational decide here..
The whole campaign of the conservatives ist to just bash everyone without providing solutions. Basically "if you won't vote for us the greens will take your comfort away and you have to pay for your polluting way of life"... -.-
While also promising tax cuts for the rich of course...

That was with Schröder and a social/green government. Until 2003 Merkel took office under conservative/libdems.
3(?) Years ago they did the same with wind. You now cannot legally erect new windmills in around 99% of the country.

I hope for a big green win in September.. but odds are against it. >50% of voters are over 50. 60% of those vote conservative. And they fear greens, because it threatens their way of life. They won't have to live with the consequences.
The whole campaign of the conservatives ist to just bash everyone without providing solutions. Basically "if you won't vote for us the greens will take your comfort away and you have to pay for your polluting way of life"... -.-
Sounds depressingly familiar…

According to the announcement, due to the active cruise control system problem of the vehicles within the scope of this recall, the driver may accidentally activate the active cruise function in the following situations: When the vehicle is in D gear, the driver again toggles the right lever to try to switch gear ; When the vehicle turns sharply, the driver accidentally touches and toggles the right control lever, etc.

Article doesn't say what the fix is going to be. Or maybe I missed that as well...
I assume the fix is going to be that you can't engage TACC/AP while making a turn. I'm not sure how they solve the issue of the person thinking that they are shifting into D when they are already in D engaging TACC/AP. Maybe they will make it so you can't enable TACC while stopped? (If that the us issue.)

The other option would be to move TACC/AP engagement to the scroll wheel like it is on the new S&X. (But the S&X have a separate button for voice activation that the 3&Y do not.) This would also help unify the driving dynamic between the models. (Maybe make it an option in the driver's profile to go stalkless for TACC/AP in the 3&Y.)

Drezil: Thank you for kindly replying to my comment. Sadly, you could have lied to me and told me life on our planet was getting better. I gratefully appreciate the truth, however ~ thank you. I can only hope that your greens can win and turn things back around:) My peers and I used to believe the Germans were ten to twenty years ahead of us, now, well not so much ~ I guess.

Well @gene, you have your work cut out for yourself. If you can pull that rabbit out of your hat in California, you can take on the world.

Thank you again.
Bruce

My peers and I used to believe the Germans were ten to twenty years ahead of us, now, well not so much ~ I guess.
We were. Until 2013.
Greens introduced the EEG. For every kWh that got used (even own solar!) You had to pay around 2ct to grid providers for making sure all those fluctuations won't cause blackouts & pay the private solar producers a lot of money (40ct/kWh If you sell it).
What conservatives did was just to add exclusions to all energy heavy Industries.. now EEG is 6.x ct/kWh and hated by everyone. But "the greens introduced it!!" they now claim.. -.-

I could take more, but this would go too much off topic.
Similar trends can be seen throughout Europe grounded in Fridays for future and similar. So greens maybe winning in more countries changing politics in Europe on a fundamental level and also affecting companies like Tesla.

One example is Grünheide where politics seems to bend the rules a bit :)

My crystal ball started flashing last night. Then sent me a text alert. Then started honking like this:

The last time it behaved this way was November 10, 2020. That's when I loaded up on TSLA around $400 (split adjusted). One week later, the stock started its launch to $900. Of course it dipped again to 540, but not 400 again. We will never again see 400 unless Civil War 2 erupts, or Fremont falls into the Pacific, or Elon gets a sex change, or similar disaster.

I'm not sure what tripped the crystal breaker this time. Maybe Elon's tweet yesterday that Beta 9 is coming "hopefully next week," with FSD subscriptions to follow. That on top of:

2) Production & Deliveries report due Friday, which will reveal the "China concerns" to be horse hockey
3) Analysts figuring out that the "profit only from reg credits" FUD won't work for Q2
4) Berlin and Austin on track to start ramping in Q4
5) Model S deliveries starting up
6) Plaid awesomeness leaking into mass media
7) Las Vegas tunnel helping tourist masses see Tesla awesomeness with their own eyes
8) New revelations about Tesla's tech superiority coming soon from Sandy Munro's teardown of Plaid S
9) Rising public awareness of competition's inferiority in tech and sales
10) AI Day expected in a month
11) Even a CNBC anchor disgusted by her own Tesla FUD

Yes, the catalysts are turned up to 11.

So crystal ball is honking that this week may be the last buying opportunity before $600 joins $400 in Never Again Land. I'm gonna load up.

Last edited:
Posted by Mark Hormann on tsla shareholders FB group. Guess someone is a TSLA bull

Attachments

• F0B5B87A-F4BF-4348-BA8F-104468F68D97.png
    F0B5B87A-F4BF-4348-BA8F-104468F68D97.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 116
Plaid is an awesome car, but still has the same problem as previous S- too damn big.

A justifiable statement if one is from, perhaps, Nord Catalunya or Nouvelle Caledonie. But - silly me! - it appears I was unjustified in thinking this poster’s “NC” location meant North Carolina. Oh well; fun to learn new things.

• Funny
Reactions: CatB and gene
My crystal ball started flashing last night. Then sent me a text alert. Then started honking like this:

The last time it behaved this way was November 10, 2020. That's when I loaded up on TSLA around $400 (split adjusted). One week later, the stock started its launch to $900. Of course it dipped again to 540, but not 400 again. We will never again see 400 unless Civil War 2 erupts, or Fremont falls into the Pacific, or Elon gets a sex change, or similar disaster.

I'm not sure what tripped the crystal breaker this time. Maybe Elon's tweet yesterday that Beta 9 is coming "hopefully next week," with FSD subscriptions to follow. That on top of:

2) Production & Deliveries report due Friday, which will reveal the "China concerns" to be horse hockey
3) Analysts figuring out that the "profit only from reg credits" FUD won't work for Q2
4) Berlin and Austin on track to start ramping in Q4
5) Model S deliveries starting up
6) Plaid awesomeness leaking into mass media
7) Las Vegas tunnel helping tourist masses see Tesla awesomeness with their own eyes
8) New revelations about Tesla's tech superiority coming soon from Sandy Munro's teardown of Plaid S
9) Rising public awareness of competition's inferiority in tech and sales
10) AI Day expected in a month
11) Even a CNBC anchor disgusted by her own Tesla FUD

Yes, the catalysts are turned up to 11.

So crystal ball is honking that this week may be the last buying opportunity before $600 joins $400 in Never Again Land. I'm gonna load up.
I used to be concerned about Fremont falling into the pacific, fire, conspiracy bomb, etc. However not anymore, with China and soon Berlin and Texas, that situation is no longer a catastrophe.

I used to be concerned about Fremont falling into the pacific, fire, conspiracy bomb, etc. However not anymore, with China and soon Berlin and Texas, that situation is no longer a catastrophe.

I agree, not a catastrophe for the company. But the Big Boys who profit from volatility look for any excuse to panic the market into more volatility, so the stock could plummet briefly while the Boys position themselves to ride it back up. Even some members here sell their shares when they think everyone else will sell in a stampede.

A justifiable statement if one is from, perhaps, Nord Catalunya or Nouvelle Caledonie. But - silly me! - it appears I was unjustified in thinking this poster’s “NC” location meant North Carolina. Oh well; fun to learn new things.

It's North Carolina.

The S is awesome on highways. But try driving it around downtown Chapel Hill parking lots sometime. I have.

It's not at all fun.

I'm the former owner of a number of high performance land yachts, once I moved to midsized sports cars/sport sedans I've never had any desire to move back.

So the 3'll be fine for me till the 2nd gen Roadster is ready.

So, I have a story to tell....I have a mental health disability I got many years ago in my 30's. Please take this as-is and don't try to look me up in whatever fancy ways you have. 10 years ago, I was completing a MBA at a very good school, moved into Product Management in tech at a very good organization, and bought a condo in SF. Things were great! I, even, invested half of my life savings in Tesla in that same 1-2 time range (2012).

Fast forward to now, I have 10,000+ shares of Tesla (recapitulated over the years) and angel invest (a little) and do philanthropy. My life isn't so great though. The plan going forward is to live a very unremarkable and low-key life until there's a cure for what I got while doing philanthropy from a DAF and angel invest in mental health tech. Once there is a cure, I'd like to get back to a normal life or what I was doing before in tech (even though what I do now is somewhat similar). I'm very happy Elon Musk, of all people, is working in that space with Neuralink...and hope his team does find a cure.

I'm very happy I've been able to participate on this forum. This company has saved my family and me so much in terms of financial wellness in order to live mostly carefree and get the best care possible. Thank you. Look forward to the Q2 2021 P&D report.

Here in the Bay Area I have 3 friends took delivery. 1) model YLR, 1)M3P, 1) model S LR! Quarter end push is going swimmingly.

No photo of the S as they’re flying home from Hawaii at the moment. He’s blown away that he was able to take delivery of a vehicle while not even in the same state. The future is here.

All 3 were pretty much flawless with respect to paint/ panel gaps etc.

Now, what to do with 3,000 free supercharger miles 🤣
BD32AACC-A262-48E1-8B80-06541985D6EE.jpeg
CF707E24-0172-4238-87DF-2CF29AEC6AF2.jpeg

So, I have a story to tell....I have a mental health disability I got many years ago in my 30's. Please take this as-is and don't try to look me up in whatever fancy ways you have. 10 years ago, I was completing a MBA at a very good school, moved into Product Management in tech at a very good organization, and bought a condo in SF. Things were great! I, even, invested half of my life savings in Tesla in that same 1-2 time range (2012).

Fast forward to now, I have 10,000+ shares of Tesla (recapitulated over the years) and angel invest (a little) and do philanthropy. My life isn't so great though. The plan going forward is to live a very unremarkable and low-key life until there's a cure for what I got while doing philanthropy from a DAF and angel invest in mental health tech. Once there is a cure, I'd like to get back to a normal life or what I was doing before in tech (even though what I do now is somewhat similar). I'm very happy Elon Musk, of all people, is working in that space with Neuralink...and hope his team does find a cure.

I'm very happy I've been able to participate on this forum. This company has saved my family and me so much in terms of financial wellness in order to live mostly carefree and get the best care possible. Thank you. Look forward to the Q2 2021 P&D report.
Thank you for sharing! I'm also a tech PM and appreciate your journey.