Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went out this weekend. Saw several end of quarter delivery trucks making their rounds here in SoCal. Only noticed one model S on one of the carriers.

Here is a close up of the calipers of one of the first 25 plaid deliveries I snapped today. Personally still think they look painted. Feel free to make your own judgements.
6B734607-F478-42CD-B0EB-B103B823ABB0.jpeg

CNBC jumping on this with a headline that includes “recall” and the article itself mentioning sudden acceleration, spreading FUD again about Tesla’s accelerating by themselves.

Tesla to 'recall' nearly 300,000 China-made Model 3 and Model Y vehicles

It is still user error even if someone accidently engages Autopilot and the car accelerates to the set speed (e.g. the speed limit).

I think in countries where regulators are like this, Tesla should just disable standard Autopilot all together. They don’t deserve this feature. :mad:

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Yoke is going to result in lower S sales. Every forum and social media verdict is clear. Except a few die hard fans, everyone hates it. It will have material impact on sales, profit and margin and therefore on $TSLA.

If they had just restricted yoke to Plaid, that would have been a good decision. Idiotic move.

Just a sample:

Last edited:
Congratulations on working in that role! In regards to my journey, unfortunately, it's not a healthy one and far too complex for anyone to understand in all honesty. I am sugarcoating a lot for very good reasons.
Yeah, totally get it, I've mentored several folks who've had challenges and while I can only imagine yours, I feel confident you'll find your way as your words are coming from a good place.

To put this into an investment opinion, nearly ally tech peers thought I was absolutely insane to leave XBOX for Tesla in 2014. I was happy then and am happy now. But my way of thinking persists and everyone thinks I'm crazy to invest so much into solar with my new 32kW system. And I still have my TSLA shares thank you very much!

Went out this weekend. Saw several end of quarter delivery trucks making their rounds here in SoCal. Only noticed one model S on one of the carriers.

Here is a close up of the calipers of one of the first 25 plaid deliveries I snapped today. Personally still think they look painted. Feel free to make your own judgements.
View attachment 678320
Yes, it looks like black paint.

Yoke is going to result in lower S sales. Every forum and social media verdict is clear. Except a few die hard fans, everyone hates it. It will have material impact on sales, profit and margin and therefore on $TSLA.

If they had just restricted yoke to Plaid, that would have been a good decision. Idiotic move.
This is how you do it

Don't be silly, Tesla will offer a round steering wheel before it affects sales.

Imagine the Internet rage when Tesla removes the entire steering wheel. "Dammit! What do I do with my hands?"

In the meantime, that yoke can be turned with one finger. I recommend the middle one.

Imagine the Internet rage when Tesla removes the entire steering wheel. "Dammit! What do I do with my hands?"

In the meantime, that yoke can be turned with one finger. I recommend the middle one.
ha ha very funny.

I know of alteast 3 people who have reserved S and have now paused from pulling the trigger on this yoke S. 2 of them already have P100Ds and the other drives a Mercedes.

All the people who lecture on how how it should be done, are simply missing the point. Public don't want relearn a muscle memory they have learnt over decades of driving. Not just the steering, but the buttons for turn signals - dumb & dumber. This is not about losing the wiper stalk that we use much much less frequently than a turn signal or steering.

ha ha very funny.

I know of alteast 3 people who have reserved S and have now paused from pulling the trigger on this yoke S. 2 of them already have P100Ds and the other drives a Mercedes.

All the people who lecture on how how it should be done, are simply missing the point. Public don't want relearn a muscle memory they have learnt over decades of driving.
They will eventually offer the option of a wheel and/or more people will try it and decide they like the yoke.

Just a sample:
I'm pretty sure they are monitoring the situation around the yoke very closely. They know it's controversial and they know that people like being able to steer their cars. Even Randy Pobst is running Pikes Peak with a normal wheel. If they sniff any hint of sales problems they will add an option for a normal wheel. Believe it or not, while Elon can be stubborn about things, he still knows that ultimately Tesla needs to make money.

Waiting for Elon to tweet ‘you’re holding it wrong!’

Edit: happy to see how it works. One less reason to wait for ordering a new Model S. Other than that the first ones will only arrive in Q1 2022 in Europe, and a lot can happen between now and then. E.g. the Cybertruck could be in production.

Just a sample:

Am reminded of the drama over the lack of a speedometer behind the wheel in model 3.

”You won’t care” said Musk, and people were incredulous. The hide of the man, expecting people to look where they had never looked before to view their speed readout.

Well, Musk was right, and is probably right about the yoke too. A few sales will be lost, a few will be won via the additional publicity of controversy. Elon doesn’t care. The car is a few steps closer to being FSD ready, so he’s happy.

They could put a bit of sawn off broomstick to steer with, and it would still sell out.

So there was some talk about FCA not needing the EU pool with Tesla anymore a while back. Didn't hear much more about it. Maybe I've missed it but there seems to have been official confirmation about this a week or so ago.

With only Honda left in the Tesla pool it seems like the EU part of credits will be down significantly 2021. I know the total wasn't in Q1 so the Q2 number will be interesting.

FCA officially waves goodbye to its Tesla pool, latest EU data shows