Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just heard from my boomer brother (living in Scotland) that he bought an ID4 to replace his 40 year old Volvo - if he's bought an EV then this means they're considered mainstream now
Clearly, brother can't admit when his younger brother is right. Keep being awesome @Lycanthrope

Way OT

The power of Tesla when you do not drink (arrived today).

PXL_20210705_213800264.jpg [my wife will decide the contents]

It will be perfect for the basement wet bar of the house my TSLA investment is building for me (arriving March 2022).

wp-large__0011_7R05-FC_CS flipped.jpg [using a mortgage loan to continue HODLng]

Still debating when to order the Plaid...

Way OT

The power of Tesla when you do not drink (arrived today).

View attachment 681658 [my wife will decide the contents]

It will be perfect for the basement wet bar of the house my TSLA investment is building for me (arriving March 2022).

View attachment 681660 [using a mortgage loan to continue HODLng]

Still debating when to order the Plaid...
Has no one told you that flighless waterfowl can't fly? no need for plaid :). Opus and bloomcounty were staples growing up, great name. Now Bill the cat...he'd be all over Plaid.

Sooo...do we start a run up to earnings tomorrow, or do we take a hit for a perceived miss on P&D? (neither have any long term traction with respect to performance, but could prove interesting.)

Dan

It wasn't a miss. CNBC ran a false headline and later corrected/changed it. Everywhere else reported it as met/slightly exceeded FactSheet expectations

Interesting exchange on Twitter this morning from some of the ship tracking gurus - all Model 3 orders for Europe pushed to November from August. However, that apparently includes at least some existing orders (previously scheduled for August) as well. The causes range from bullish to bearish, so hopefully we get more information soon - preferably in the form of ships bound for Europe from Shanghai and/or Port 80.

Major Chinese ports in the south of the country are in major disruption currently due to covid outbreaks - this has been ongoing for many weeks and is causing large disruptions to global trade (both for imports & exports). This may not be the cause of the delivery times extending into Q4, but it is a possibility.

(It may not have filtered to this thread seeing as most posters are probably afraid of mentioning CV)

1625530371390.png

Last edited:
Major Chinese ports in the south of the country are in major disruption currently due to covid outbreaks - this has been ongoing for many weeks and is causing large disruptions to global trade (both for imports & exports). This may not be the cause of the delivery times extending into Q4, but it is a possibility.

(It may not have filtered to this thread seeing as most posters are probably afraid of mentioning CV)

View attachment 681715
That's all well and great but Tesla.cn is saying Model 3/Y deliveries in 1-3 weeks so production is not delayed. Usually you would see this number creep up for the first month of the new Q. I think Tesla may be stopping imports of Model 3s to Europe perhaps in anticipation for Berlin ramp.

(Also on a side note, the extra inventory P&D reported may be mostly gone to the EU if they are not planning on exporting much Q3 from China).