Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's the DIDI news. The Chinese government cracking the whip and asking them to remove their app fromm app stores is a drastic action.

Everything with china exposure I guess is getting taken to the cleaners.
Strange, you would have thought this would have hit in pre-market, but no, $TSLA was up 0.5% most of the morning

I agree with above, I think this is a bear-raid, let's see if they can keep it up

Remember the 10Y rate? That was the source of all $TSLA woe, falling like a stone, so why doesn't $TSLA reverse? Because it's all BS, that's why!

Tremendous spoofing/capping moments ago as TSLA tried to go above $666 - 4,000 share sell order just above $666 drove the stock down in seconds (order was put in and pulled as the desired impact happened). As TSLA was just trying again to get above $666 (and did for a moment), an order to sell 4,500 shares was put in and pulled. They seem to be fighting $666 for the moment.

I think Tesla will produce model 3s in Berlin (even before Y). They haven't said anything afraid of osbourning model 3 sales.
You're getting disagreements because Tesla has made it clear that Model Y will be first vehicle fro both Berlin and Austin. Osbourning, as inapplicable in this case anyway, will not happen BUT in all of the EU a Model Y form factor will outsell sedans, as is already the case for other brands. That will happen in NA also as soon as supply ramps up. Elon, and almost everyone else, thinks Model Y will be the highest volume car for Tesla... at least until the Designs from China and Germany drive, which will probably both be in more 'popular sizes'. As always, the primary constraint is battery supply, interspersed with new model ramp-up delays.

I feel like it's time to just exit this board until Q2 earnings. I mean come on guys, we all know how this game is played. We've seen it for 6 months straight now and for those of use that remember 2017-early 2019, no one should be surprised or shocked when the stock drops 3-5% on any random low volume day right now. We're essentially back in that stretch, only this time, we have earnings that will come to the rescue the more the year goes and into next year. Just hang tight and make peace with any short term (July, maybe Aug) Call options that will likely expire worthless. :rolleyes:

(Which btw I very much think an underlining strategy here has been to devalue options for the 2nd half of this year and next year. I wouldn't be surprised and I actually expect, that they're buying up those calls on the low low. They're going to make an killing on it......while retail options buyers are getting wiped out)

I have posted this question for years, if Autopilot is involved in an accident is Tesla liable? Some here stated No! I guess we are about to find out. Pretty sure Tesla has some very good lawyers, look forward to reading their arguments that will be basis for cases going forward.

And yes, this situation or argument has a major effect on the stock price.

Last edited:
You're getting disagreements because Tesla has made it clear that Model Y will be first vehicle fro both Berlin and Austin. Osbourning, as inapplicable in this case anyway, will not happen BUT in all of the EU a Model Y form factor will outsell sedans, as is already the case for other brands. That will happen in NA also as soon as supply ramps up. Elon, and almost everyone else, thinks Model Y will be the highest volume car for Tesla... at least until the Designs from China and Germany drive, which will probably both be in more 'popular sizes'. As always, the primary constraint is battery supply, interspersed with new model ramp-up delays.
Tesla has made many things "clear" like no Sr Ys. And yet here we are. Getting Model 3s ramping is the easiest since they have the most expertise, especially when they are trying an entirely new battery assembly at Berlin with the Y. This is just speculation on my part but Tesla is known to change plans on a dime.

Bought 5 more shares at 660. These anger-driven mini-purchases will soon have me over 3k shares again! I know many here suggest never selling, but I was able to fund my dream home with the sale of some of my L/T TSLA shares. Thank you Elon. We named it Villa Élan, but all of you know how we pronounce it. 🤣

View from the pool deck. 😁

Attachments

• BDA9AE4F-7A77-4F35-A2B6-FC3EDBFC35F5.jpeg
    BDA9AE4F-7A77-4F35-A2B6-FC3EDBFC35F5.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 100
Fundamental to the scientific method is putting aside the anecdotal, and focusing upon empirical evidence. I do my honest best to open my mind to cognitive dissonance, but man-oh-man, when it comes to all matters Tesla, it’s not easy.

Those things said, I feel as though we’re burning far too many calories on FUD. I don’t know if I am just battle-hardened, or they have cried wolf ten million times too often. I’m sick of ‘em.
What people often neglect to consider is that science isn't merely a function of evidence, but also a function of time, more often than not over the span of decades and centuries. We don't know whether evidence is confirmatory or disconfirmatory to our thesis without the time element. This is why I don't get my "science" from fast-moving headlines.

Financed Organized Deception (FOD) is real and toxic. But after over a decade of FOD Tesla is still standing, stronger than ever. Elon is showing us a better way.

When Elon says he wants to expand human consciousness, I don't know what he personally means, but to me it means spreading forums like this one around the globe, where there is truly a free exchange of ideas, and where people can come together to better understand the world around them. I'm really thankful I found this forum.

Mainstream media exists to sell us things. That's all. So when you read an article, ask yourself, "What are they selling me?" If you ask that one simple question, and understand their job is to sell you things, you won't be angry because you'll know they're incentivized to keep their advertisers happy, nothing more, nothing less. As the old saying goes, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

I have posted this question for years, if Autopilot is involved in an accident is Tesla liable? Some here stated No! I guess we are about to find out. Pretty sure Tesla has some very good lawyers, look forward to reading their arguments that will be basis for cases going forward.
I'm no lawyer, but it seems pretty clear to me that until Level 5 autonomy is achieved and validated for a certain period of time/number of miles driven, that the driver of the car is 100% responsible at all times

Tesla has made many things "clear" like no Sr Ys. And yet here we are. Getting Model 3s ramping is the easiest since they have the most expertise, especially when they are trying an entirely new battery assembly at Berlin with the Y. This is just speculation on my part but Tesla is known to change plans on a dime.
Absolutely not happening. Y in Berlin and Austin first. Might as well speculate that FSD gets released tomorrow; you’d have million times better chance of being right.

There’s speculation and then there’s ridiculous speculation. Yours is absurdly ridiculous speculation.

If Tesla can be found liable for Autopilot when the driver is specifically informed they are driving and must pay attention then all car manufacturers will have to pull almost all automated driving aids. I guess automatic braking would stay probably, although why not a lawsuit at that point over the braking at the wrong time etc etc. Obviously all FSD would be dead for all OEMs for at least twenty years or so and a lot more people would die than otherwise.

Don’t see how this is anything more than PI attorney’s dreams. Only reason it is getting any play in media…. Is Tesla.

Well.. somehow you have to get the shares cheap if you haven't bought in already .... ;)
I'm wondering. In the crash where the truck was rear-ended by a Tesla, where does the video footage come from? It sure looks like it is being videoed by the car that did the rear-ending, i.e. the Tesla. Who released that video? The Tesla owner, Tesla corporate? I can't see either of those things happening.

Last edited: