Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they claimed in June 2020 plans to move it in the future at some point and your quote was

I am sure you see the difference. Should I use funny or downvote in cases like this?

Don't be that guy. You asked if Tesla had made these plans more than a year ago. I provided multiple links. But you can't accept an answer that proves your memory isn't accurate. You have fallen into the zone... bye.

Don't be that guy. You asked if Tesla had made these plans more than a year ago. I provided multiple links. But you can't accept an answer that proves your memory isn't accurate. You have fallen into the zone... bye.

Well if it keeps you from commenting inaccurately on my posts I welcome it. The subject wasn't about when they first mentioned the idea but when the data center actually existed.

Reactions: Radish11
TSLA already walked down to the 200-day Moving Average in the Pre-Market:

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

Data last updated Jul 08, 2021 06:00 AM ET.​

Consolidated Last Sale$629.50 -14.95 (-2.32%)
Pre-Market Volume107,686
Pre-Market High$655 (04:00:04 AM)
Pre-Market Low$627.45 (05:23:02 AM)

See the MA(200) at yesterday's Close 200-Day Stock Chart: 628.59

View attachment 682533

Mischief managed. So hopefully hedgies'n'wedgies got that out of their system now... /S :p

Cheers!

Talking about moving averages is even better evidence you are confused how things work frankly although I'm sure you have some silly reason to pick 200 dma vs 100 or 150 or 300. It's astrology.

Why not sell in China itself, rather than having them loaded in ships in the last month of the quarter? Usually, last month goes almost all to local sales?
Is there data to believe that exporting even by shipping in last month is important now, as against earlier? This is genuinely a question, and the answer mght be an yes, or a no.
If production exceeds local demand Tesla can build up inventory esrlier in the quarter, to deliver in the last month.

Reactions: Radish11
Pencil in December for fsd button..

I don't have a problem with the pace of progress because unlike Elon I knew how hard a problem this was. I honestly wonder whether Andrej is not giving him accurate feedback because the complexity of this problem is known to anyone that dabbles in the subject.
One thing Elon would not tolerate is BS. Andrej is giving accurate info for sure.

The fastest way out of a job at Tesla would be try and BS Elon.

TSLA already walked down to the 200-day Moving Average in the Pre-Market:

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

Data last updated Jul 08, 2021 06:00 AM ET.​

Consolidated Last Sale$629.50 -14.95 (-2.32%)
Pre-Market Volume107,686
Pre-Market High$655 (04:00:04 AM)
Pre-Market Low$627.45 (05:23:02 AM)

See the MA(200) at yesterday's Close 200-Day Stock Chart: 628.59

View attachment 682533

Mischief managed. So hopefully hedgies'n'wedgies got that out of their system now... /S :p

Cheers!
Several European stock markets are down by 2%, so perhaps it is a more general sentiment.

@Artful Dodger
You criticized another poster's message with:
Lol, this is not news. Tesla has had a data center in China for at least a year.
Whereupon @Wicket pushed back on that timeline:
My recollection is it was this year that Tesla promised to keep a China data center.
Which you took as:
Don't be that guy. You asked if Tesla had made these plans more than a year ago.
I can understand the confusion due to wording, "promise" refers to when the data center would exist "keep a data center" (to keep, it must first exist), not when Tesla signed up to make one 'create a data center'.

Jun. 24, 2020 — Shanghai (Gasgoo)- Tesla will reportedly move the data and certification service of ...

Apr. 20, 2021 — Tesla, the electric vehicle maker founded by Elon Musk, will build a data centre in Shanghai by the end of June to handle data collected from its EVs amid ...

Regardless of interpretation of Wicket's original interrogative, as the articles you linked state, the data center did not exist in functional form until this year (based on the sources provided). Thus, Tesla has not had a data center in China for over a year.
"Tesla has had a data center in China for at least a year." is incorrect, they had planned a data center for over a year.

TOKYO -- Panasonic Corp.'s new CEO on Thursday said the Japanese company's battery supply relationship with Tesla Inc. remains strong even after it sold all its shares in the U.S. electric carmaker.

"The sale has not hurt the relationship with Tesla," Yuki Kusumi said at a press roundtable, when asked whether the share sale indicated that their partnership was weakening.

In the year to March 31, Panasonic sold its stake in Tesla for about 400 billion yen ($3.62 billion) to help to pay for the acquisition of U.S. supply chain software company Blue Yonder in a deal worth $7.1 billion.

Several European stock markets are down by 2%, so perhaps it is a more general sentiment.

Yes, this is often true. But TSLA has 10x the trading, and perhaps 100x the options volume of the other big names on the indexs. I'm certain that hedgefunds manipulate the entire market to make their gain$ on TSLA. Else, explain the 10-yr bond yield... :p

Today, the TL.0 plunge in Berlin began simultaneously with Elon's tweet about this week's FSD beta 9 release: (1st tweet around 01:09 EDT; or 09:09 CET). Marched down vertically, then bounced off the 200-day moving average.

TL0.chart.2021-07-08.10-00.CET.png

My take on this morining is that hedgies are feeling threatened, vulnerable, and lashed out in the Pre-market. BTW, smallish volume so far for such a large move. I expect TSLA will open around its MA(200), then buying interest will take over.

Cheers!

They might want to keep some dry powder (easily divisible SP) to repeat the short purge periodically.

However, another aspect to consider is how folks have grown accustomed to TSLA SP being in the hundreds. It might not take long for the price to rise, as it will look very good to the casual investor's muscle memory of what TSLA is "worth."

Stonks like TSLA are the outliers in the realm of big moves over short time periods. I wonder if there is a psychological aspect that would be in play if someone has been watching and didn't want to spend six hundred on a share but would buy 60 ten dollar shares without any concern?
Not likely, however lower price allows faster accumulation. Ira deposits sit un invested until they hit $650 right now. If the price was $100 there would only be $100 uninvested.

also lower share price makes selling covered calls easier on small accounts. Right now you need $65k in tsla to sell one contract. A few months ago it was $88k, and if no split might be $150k this time next year.

This is pre-2019 deja vu to me. Nothing but good news from Tesla and various sources on Twitter and TMC, but a lot of negative fake news/FUD from traditional news outlets, and the stock going down when it should be shooting up. I was rage buying shares for 4 years and then made out like a bandit when the stock finally broke out. With 20 Million cars/year in the not too distant future, another big jump is inevitable. My advice - keep buying shares with every pay check and HODL. If we are stuck here for a while, buying options will = money flushed down the toilet. If we aren't over 700 by ER, I'm going to start selling covered calls again even if the SP is low, because I will see that as a sign that nothing will happen for a while.
Perfect example taking place this morning. Strong June sales, China taking orders for lower cost Model Y, FSD Beta release in 3 days (FSD alone is probably worth $1T), and we are down over 2% in pre-market..... The Bears just love giving Bulls the opportunity to buy cheaper shares when Tesla's future keeps looking better and better.... 🤷‍♂️

That’s over 5000 vehicles less than what was sold in March (the final month of previous quarter), despite higher production capacity of the model y. Along with the release of SR model Y, I think it’s fair to say demand in China has softened a little.
As you wish. Appreciate the bonus of saying so during a depression of the SP.

Yes, this is often true. But TSLA has 10x the trading, and perhaps 100x the options volume of the other big names on the indexs. I'm certain that hedgefunds manipulate the entire market to make their gain$ on TSLA. Else, explain the 10-yr bond yield... :p

Today, the TL.0 plunge in Berlin began simultaneously with Elon's tweet about this week's FSD beta 9 release: (1st tweet around 01:09 EDT; or 09:09 CET). Marched down vertically, then bounced off the 200-day moving average.

View attachment 682541

My take on this morining is that hedgies are feeling threatened, vulnerable, and lashed out in the Pre-market. BTW, smallish volume so far for such a large move. I expect TSLA will open around its MA(200), then buying interest will take over.

Cheers!
This drop is most probably from the Shanghai Model Y SR news, not the V9 tweets. People started to know this overnight. While I personally think it is not bad news, the media seems to have spun it as a price reduction. I view it as a volume increase. I actually expect more China price drops and do not think of them as negative. The margins from local sales made in Shanghai are incredible and can be brought down a little bit.