Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lmao that’s so bonkers. I’m a buyer
Oh yeah, there it is, the Tesla cyberpunk truck:

IMG_20190315_183606.rotate.42.flip.color.correct.resize.png

Start with the Elon's twitter image:
  • rotate 42 deg
  • flip Horiz
  • color.correct
  • resize
See, it's a big flat windscreen w. flattened wedge-type front end.

Last edited:
I still remember the days Elon tried to get the shorts. Dark ages man.

It seems to me he doesn't do that anymore. He doesn't seem to want to do anything about the stock price anymore.

This Y presentation is perhaps the shortest about the product itself. He spent most time on reflecting on Tesla's achievement. And then basically said: here is the car, just like I told you.

If I remember correctly, model 3 presentation was much longer, Semi and roadster was phenomenal. This was like "here you go". It was like "OK someone tricked me into doing this tomorrow, since I want to keep the promise, might as well do it today."

Looks like a half hearted efforts from him

If it was exactly like the image from the old banner though, why a teaser of something we saw in full? Must be changed since then otherwise why bother with a tease to figure out it's the same old thing, right?

The difference between a sketch and seeing it in real life can be pretty drastic even if they are the same vehicle....but they likely changed some things.

Oh yeah, there it is, the Tesla cyberpunk truck:

View attachment 386904

Start with the Elon's twitter image:
  • rotate 42 deg
  • flip Horiz
  • color.correct
  • resize
See, it's a big flat windscreen w. flattened wedge-type front end.
This is very possibly it, but not 42 deg, more like 15-20 deg.
883F45B2-57FC-4A4A-B7AC-04B6127FDBC3.jpeg

Then the head light beams seems to be parallel to the ground.

Man this thing is straight out of interstellar.

Last edited:
Anyone else have a feeling Q1 earnings will be much better than expected by many of us?

If Tesla has been making 5-7k Model3/week-> ~6*13=78k which is a new record, with a much higher ASP than in Q4. With 22k S/X they might be close to 100k cars.
Discounts galore on Model S/X P100D in Europe, but that might actually increase ASP as many more people go for that option now compared to very few previously and a lot of the price change was due to scrapped referral program, future savings on sales, new exchange rates and lower taxes.
Likely some better prices from Panasonic for cells and less overtime thanks to automation.
With a little push in March Tesla manages to clear out most of the vehicles in transit in Europe, numbers are looking great the last week.
From China we havn’t heard too much but customs has cleared and maybe they can more easily throw manpower into fixing any delivery hell there.

Maybe all these things combined will almost cover paying back the loan, capex and restructuring?!

Last edited:
Yup the Iron Bank is in full control regarding TSLA SP.
If TSLA had done a cap raise the likes of AJ would be crooning TSLA advantages all over the place.

Yea but others would have screamed bloody murder...

I still remember the days Elon tried to get the shorts. Dark ages man.

It seems to me he doesn't do that anymore. He doesn't seem to want to do anything about the stock price anymore.

This was like "here you go". It was like "OK someone tricked me into doing this tomorrow, since I want to keep the promise, might as well do it today."

Looks like a half hearted efforts from him

I disagree. The audience has changed. Tesla needs to remind all customers of all the products the have on offer and reassure everyone that the product they are eyeing is perfect for them. Want the best Sedan? Go for the S! Most crazy cool, futuristic, engineering marvel meets spaceship? The X! A great sleek car that’s sporty? The 3! Oh, and if you want a family/ cargo shuttle go for the Y... it’s all there to see now, “don’t wait, go buy the vehicle best for you!”

The other audience are legacy car makers. There is a gun pointing to their head: either you have a competing EV at Tesla price point or we will take your business. The eTron is more expensive than the Q5, the iPace more than the ePace, even X3 & Co. are more expensive Thant the Model Y.

All of the above is not aimed at short term thinking financial analysts...

The teaser about the Truck is to keep the hype going, lure the next group of buyers. It’s the Tesla playbook in reverse: more hype after the event and less before.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't care at this moment in time about the quick image of the pickup.

We now have three vehicles revealed with no production, or production timing updates on the first two (roadster and semi).

I posted this elsewhere but this seems to be the main thread (20 pages a day)......So,

it was excellent to get a history lesson on Tesla but as each vehicle came onto the stage why not say...And we have produced '#' of the model S...etc. Then as you get to revealed, but not yet produced vehicles....say 'We will start production of the Roadster in fall of 2019, and the Semi in the summer of 2020'

I get the feeling from the teaser that the pickup will have a 'reveal' before any of the others 'revealed' will start production.

From what I am hearing through the grapevines Tesla has already started bringing in equipment to build the roadster 2. I was told that much of those equipments are currently working in some areas, which allows Tesla to assemble the Roadster 2 in various colors. You’ve seen them in white, red, grey, blue, etc. my guess is that a few of those colors were recently produced by Tesla at Fremont.

I’m not sure if this has been posted, but I’ve heard that the Roadster 2 batteries are actually going to be built on 2 stacked 75kwh packs. One on top, and one on the bottom... I am treating this as rumor at the moment, but if anyone has info similar to mine, please share. It also appears that Tesla is very confident about producing the roadster by mid next year.

One thing for sure is that whatever project Tesla is working on, they are very good at keeping things secretive. That means not a single leak... Tesla workers tend to believe in the mission and realize what’s at stake. I’ve tried to contact workers on the factory floor, and let me tell you, those guys wouldn’t even return my calls, and I can respect them for honoring their NDA. Despite the existence of this forum, reddit, etc. not a single picture of Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Semi, or Roadster 2 were leaked before they were revealed by the MAN himself.

Some posters have alluded to Elon being a terrible public speaker. I disagree, although he’s not polished like a salesman or a Mercedes CEO, who speaks and memorizes canned materials and delivers it well; Elon speaks from his heart. His charm is in his sincerity that can reach and touch the common person, the everyday Joe/Jane who aren’t polish speakers themselves. Yet, he leaves the floor with humor and wins me over by being genuine and geeky. Replacing him as a speaker would be a huge mistake. Part of me watched the reveal to see the Y, the other part wanted to see the MAN himself.

Last edited:
Ya. After each reveal, there's a newer and bigger crowd. ModelY crowd are probably from model 3 buyers.

Ever time, this forum gets flloded with new members and every time they ask:"Elon is cringy and awkward".

Nope, it's been the same Elon. The important thing to note is that the audience interacts with him. You don't see the other CEOs in ivory towers do that. And that resonate with the upper middle class millenials. He is not some rich guy with an attitude, but someone just like them. The deadliest form of salesmanship.

Not somethinf wallstreet can relate to.

You never know with March weather, maybe you should postpone your tire swap appointment to April.

Just trying to help. :)
Our winters get so warm the last years that there’s barely any use for winter tires anymore. Anyway, I could book an appointment online but the first possible day is 3 may! They need to rertrieve my summer tires so I’m going to call to make sure they’re there.

This is very possibly it, but not 42 deg, more like 15-20 deg.
View attachment 386913
Then the head light beams seems to be parallel to the ground.

Man this thing is straight out of interstellar.
Seems most likely that we are looking at the windshield which extends to the very front.

Reasons:
  1. White lights not red
  2. Similar to Blade Runner Spinner vehicle:
spinner_6_lge.jpg

Problems:
  1. Glass breakage in small prang
  2. How do you access the frunk? Tool drawers would be cool. Partial access from cockpit like Bollinger?:
upload_2019-3-16_7-48-21.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
[/QUOTE]
Didn't Elon said they were sourcing cells from many companies in China including Pana? In other words they are not producing cells at GF3, just packs for vehicles and TE plus the cars.

I believe that's just the initial bootstrapping phase, and even with an external partner I'd expect the partner to use the building, like at GF1.

But the most likely long term plan would be for Tesla to make their own cells.

From another thread:
Yes seems like they will be adjustable like the 1st row.

I got a chance to talk to Franz von Holzhausen about the 3rd row. I told him that I felt it was an important feature that was crucial to the success of the Model Y. I asked him two specific questions about the seating. I asked if the second row was adjustable so the people in the 3rd row could have more room (I wanted to confirm what I had heard from the Model Y driver). I also asked if he had designed them so they would be able to hold child safety seats. The answer was yes to both questions.​

Why Tesla Model Y 3rd Row Is Key To It Becoming The Best Selling Vehicle In The World | CleanTechnica
Most people here seem to think the 3rd row is suitable for kids only. Elon thinks they are for adults:
Liked by Elon:
K10 on Twitter
Plus:
Elon Musk on Twitter

Do we have any videos / pictures?

How do you access the frunk?

No frunk needed if the pickup truck has no hood, has a giant, versatile flatbed with motorized access and is all glass panoramic windscreen in the front giving fantastic, unprecedented visibility both up and down, which makes off-road driving and vehicle fine positioning so much easier and a unique experience as well.

I.e.:

OFOVEz4.gif

The light in the front is a LED strip, but without the Rivian oval lights. There's no nose and engine hood blocking visibility, because the pickup truck has no engine.

There might be triangular headlights and literal "high beams" as well, not turned on in the teaser image. This is a 150-200 kWh vehicle designed for off-road purposes, it will be full of lights in all directions IMO.

Last edited:
Anyone else have a feeling Q1 earnings will be much better than expected by many of us?

If Tesla has been making 5-7k Model3/week-> ~6*13=78k which is a new record, with a much higher ASP than in Q4. With 22k S/X they might be close to 100k cars.
Discounts galore on Model S/X P100D in Europe, but that might actually increase ASP as many more people go for that option now compared to very few previously and a lot of the price change was due to scrapped referral program, future savings on sales, new exchange rates and lower taxes.
Likely some better prices from Panasonic for cells and less overtime thanks to automation.
With a little push in March Tesla manages to clear out most of the vehicles in transit in Europe, numbers are looking great the last week.
From China we havn’t heard too much but customs has cleared and maybe they can more easily throw manpower into fixing any delivery hell there.

Maybe all these things combined will almost cover paying back the loan, capex and restructuring?!

I have the impression Tesla planned international deliveries to make up for the worst case scenario for USA deliveries. I.e. they planned to keep producing for the european market up until the end of the quarter, with a nasty one time effect caused by vehicles in transit over the ocean, hence the guidance for a small loss. Halfway the quarter they had enough visibility in domestice demand to cancel the boats that would cause lots of vehicles in transit.
In any case, vehicles in transit (on the oceans) now seems to be much less of an issue than we thought at the begin of the quarter.