Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously?

Remember a decade ago when people laughed at the idea of betting your savings on a new car company? Today it's totally the hip thing to do as Lucid's CEO begs for money, Rivian is just being supported by their sugar daddy, and Nikola/Lordstown committing fraud. It's totally fine guys...new car company..totally safe to invest in.

Volume is low and the MM's are actively working to keep the stock suppressed as much as possible. I don't think we'll see a breakout for TSLA until volume comes in to overwhelm the MM's and take it out of their control. It's anyone's guess when that will happen.

Historically low volume by retail investors. Only 39.3% of today's (meager) volume was done by retail entities (as reported by FINRA). That means less than 5.6M shares traded by non-market makers (or large funds who do not report to FINRA).

Today was the THIRD LOWEST % volume of retail trading in my dataset, which goes back to 2018. The only two days with lower % of trading by retail were Jan 26-27, 2021 (holding their breath before 2020Q4 Earnings). But those two days in Jan each had more than double the retail volume traded today.

This too shall pass (after-hrs on Monday). GLTA. :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Historically low volume by retail investors. Only 39.3% of today's (meager) volume was done by retail entities (as reported by FINRA). That means less than 5.6M shares traded by non-market makers (or large funds who do not report to FINRA).

Today was the THIRD LOWEST % volume of retail trading in my dataset, which goes back to 2018. The only two days with lower % of trading by retail were Jan 26-27, 2021 (holding their breath before 2020Q4 Earnings). But those two days in Jan had more than double the total volume traded by retail today.

This to shall pass after-hrs on Monday. GLTA. ;)

Cheers!
2414952F-F6F3-4BA6-8E5C-5BC0726CE1C3.jpeg

"Every" is a strong word...I don't see a big market for selling cars to penguins.

Lol, Tesla is not just an automaker, we are a renewable energy company. Antarctica has the best solar resources on Earth (6 mths/yr), and the best wind resources the other 6 mths (diabatic winds surge down from the pole to the coasts, funneled by terrain).

Bonus: Antarctica also has the most underutilized power grid on Earth (nothing boring can't fix). Here's an image of the current electrical grid in Antarctica:

maxresdefault.jpg

Cheers!

P.S. Penguins rock Linux | Tesla's run Linux | Case dismissed. ;)

tux_sml.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, Tesla is not just an automaker, we are a renewable energy company. Antarctica has the best solar resources on Earth (6 mths/yr), and the best wind resources the other 6 mths (diabatic winds surge down from the pole to the coasts, funneled by terrain).

Bonus: Antarctica also has the most underutilized power grid on Earth (nothing boring can't fix). Here's an image of the current electrical grid in Antarctica:

maxresdefault.jpg

Cheers!

P.S. Penguins rock Linux | Tesla's run Linux | Case dismissed. ;)

View attachment 687495
Hey, no joke. Logistics transport to research stations, especially South Pole Station? Fuel transport, depots, etc? There may be something there. Snow-capable Cyber/Semi?

5A4B93C5-1F36-4B3F-BD34-7EC305183AD2.jpeg
8FFAC143-AFF3-4F71-BC83-7D532E666C32.jpeg

It's factually correct. Full Self Driving does not exist at this time but you can purchase a subscription for something labeled as Full Self Driving. I work in software development. I'm not a fan of any company selling unfinished software.
Are you going to label me a short now? That's the herd mentality here, right? If someone posts something unpopular, label them a short and call for them to be ignored or banned.
I'll take 'Ignoring Drama Queens' for $1000 Alex.

One thing that is highly unusual about Elon's companies is that they are exceedingly capital efficient. Rivian just raised another $2.5B today, making it $10.5B they've raised so far. Rivian has yet to ship a vehicle (other than a few Amazon delivery vans).

Compare that to Tesla who had raised, what, maybe $150M privately? Their IPO was $175M. To date, they've raised in total just over $17B in equity (I'm ignoring debt since that gets paid back eventually). Rather amazing contrast I think.

Multiple reports that the delivery hold on Plaid Model S has been lifted - deliveries resume tomorrow

The main thing that bothers me about the delay in delivering S is that Tesla isn't telling anyone why. Speculation runs rampant and it impacts the stock price. Is it a short term glitch in the supply chain? Parts shortage? A problem with the manufacturing line? Software problem? Please keep us in the loop, Tesla.
This is typical Tesla/Elon communication style. Does Tesla ever clearly communicate any of their production delays and executions?
Does Tesla even explain why S&X revamp had delayed for months after missing the announced January delivery? Why does the production of power walls always way behind the demands, and shipped only 200k units in five years? What are the issues on producing solar roofs and what kind of progress can be expected? What are the energy division goals and execution targets in the next few years? Why does Tesla buy bitcoin? How long does Tesla plan to own the asset? . . .

Last edited:
This is the biggest failure of valuation on here over the years. Consant theories or analysis that this is a heavy hitter, yet here we are......maybe the street needs more details but I'm saddened to see it a flop and tired of the mis-valuation.
If you are saying there was constant theories or analysis here on TMC concerning subscriptions you are very wrong. I've been almost alone advocating a subscription model for several years. Was ignored for most of that time.

There certainly wasn't that much about it on twitter or reddit either for that matter until Elon approved of the idea.

And I'm most certainly no heavy hitter around here.

With that said. It will obviously take some numbers on the take rate for anything to happen. When was the last time most 'investors' figured out anything Tesla was doing when it was introduced.