Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had not seen this one before. Not sure it has new info, but it is a nice advertisement and tutorial for the average joe or josephine:) GigaPress YouTube

And the relevance to this thread is that the video explains the cost savings and competitive advantage of this strategy. Plus it’s a good infommercial.

Last edited:
I was working on an investment (Masterworks, crowd funded art investments basically) and I had to run errands so was doing the paperwork in the car. My phone wasn't cooperating so it went like this:
"My phone isn't working, I'll pull up the website on my car screen."
".....??? car screen? Oh, do you have a Tesla?"
"Yeah it's awesome."
"I was looking at them how do you like it? How fast is the charging blah blah"

TLDR, spent part of the call with someone trying to sell me an investment by selling him on buying a Tesla. LOL.

Speaking of bizarre comments, this is a comment I would expect from a short...https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5725105/

View attachment 687343
It's factually correct. Full Self Driving does not exist at this time but you can purchase a subscription for something labeled as Full Self Driving. I work in software development. I'm not a fan of any company selling unfinished software.
Are you going to label me a short now? That's the herd mentality here, right? If someone posts something unpopular, label them a short and call for them to be ignored or banned.

I was working on an investment (Masterworks, crowd funded art investments basically) and I had to run errands so was doing the paperwork in the car. My phone wasn't cooperating so it went like this:
"My phone isn't working, I'll pull up the website on my car screen."
".....??? car screen? Oh, do you have a Tesla?"
"Yeah it's awesome."
"I was looking at them how do you like it? How fast is the charging blah blah"

TLDR, spent part of the call with someone trying to sell me an investment by selling him on buying a Tesla. LOL.
Thanks for working for all of us today ;)

Nothing we do not know. But IMO they are sadly underestimating the speed of the transition. No one will be selling ICE in 20 years. Even ten is in play. Collapses are a son of bi)$&. There will be pain.

How could they be screwing up so badly?

This better be a thing of the past when they finally open their own factories for batteries.

Don’t like GM one bit but don’t want to see bankruptcy either. Figure it out or you will go Ch. 11 waiting for the buzzards to pick you apart unless government hand you money. Someone will probably buy the battery factories so there is that.

It's factually correct. Full Self Driving does not exist at this time but you can purchase a subscription for something labeled as Full Self Driving. I work in software development. I'm not a fan of any company selling unfinished software.
Are you going to label me a short now? That's the herd mentality here, right? If someone posts something unpopular, label them a short and call for them to be ignored or banned.
Is it?
Full Self Driving, while admittedly not autonomous currently, is an option package with actual usable features (products that do exist):
  1. Navigate on Autopilot
  2. Auto Lane Change
  3. Autopark
  4. Summon
  5. Full Self-Driving Computer (separate charge from the subscription)
  6. Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

Coming later this year​

1. Autosteer on city streets

What a weird week. SP ends mostly flat heading into what should be a good earnings report.

And since when did wall Street not like subscription models?
Tsla haven't had a bad earnings report in awhile. Yet this stock dumped a hundred bucks per quarter post q4 ER from 850 to 750, Q1 ER from 750 down to 650..and now we are sitting here hoping that 3rd time is a charm.

Nothing we do not know. But IMO they are sadly underestimating the speed of the transition. No one will be selling ICE in 20 years. Even ten is in play. Collapses are a son of bi)$&. There will be pain.

The WSJ is just now beginning to say what we were called crazy for saying ~18 months ago.

What a weird week. SP ends mostly flat heading into what should be a good earnings report.

And since when did wall Street not like subscription models?

Volume is low and the MM's are actively working to keep the stock suppressed as much as possible. I don't think we'll see a breakout for TSLA until volume comes in to overwhelm the MM's and take it out of their control. It's anyone's guess when that will happen.