Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it?
Full Self Driving, while admittedly not autonomous currently, is an option package with actual usable features (products that do exist):
  1. Navigate on Autopilot
  2. Auto Lane Change
  3. Autopark
  4. Summon
  5. Full Self-Driving Computer (separate charge from the subscription)
  6. Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

Coming later this year​

1. Autosteer on city streets

Same discussion is going on in the FSD sub thread and elsewhere.

One side presenting the factual description of the package as you did.

The other side basically making arguments based on a "the name should be accurate" basis.

To which I pointed out Diaper Genies don't grant wishes, Radio Flyers neither receive radio nor fly, and you can't sue McDonalds if a Happy Meal does not improve your mood.

Same discussion is going on in the FSD sub thread and elsewhere.

One side presenting the factual description of the package as you did.

The other side basically making arguments based on a "the name should be accurate" basis.

To which I pointed out Diaper Genies don't grant wishes, Radio Flyers neither receive radio nor fly, and you can't sue McDonalds if a Happy Meal does not improve your mood.

I have never heard of 'Diaper Genies', experiments in my childhood proved beyond any doubt that Radio Flyers really can fly (and a lot farther than you might think), and you can sue McDonalds for anything you want. You may not be successful, but you can sue.

All this hubbub about selling something that doesn't exist is moot as long as it's disclosed that it doesn't exist (at least not in it's entirety). It's done all the time - houses, condos, yachts, cars, software, clothing, jewelry, etc. It's something only irrational people or those attempting to deceive try to impose as a logical strike against Tesla. It only gains traction with people severely lacking in the ability to parse the world around them.

I expect to see this on Twitter or TSLAQ sites, enough of the silliness here.

Is it?
Full Self Driving, while admittedly not autonomous currently, is an option package with actual usable features (products that do exist):
  1. Navigate on Autopilot
  2. Auto Lane Change
  3. Autopark
  4. Summon
  5. Full Self-Driving Computer (separate charge from the subscription)
  6. Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

Coming later this year​

1. Autosteer on city streets

Yes, it is a legit product, but has a misleading name. Proper name should be: Not-a-FSD.

Sort of on topic. I was riding in a large elevator today and realized all the panels were very heavy gauge stainless. Some of the panels were about ten feet long and all were at least eight feet high. There were clean, crisp bends at least eight feet long some within two inches of each other. If the Cyber truck looks this well made, it will be terrific. If an elevator company can bend heavy gauge stainless on a line lIke this, I wonder if we’re overthinking bending truck panels. Makes me wonder if Elon rode in an elevator like this and went hmmmm.

What a weird week. SP ends mostly flat heading into what should be a good earnings report.

And since when did wall Street not like subscription models?
This is the biggest failure of valuation on here over the years. Consant theories or analysis that this is a heavy hitter, yet here we are......maybe the street needs more details but I'm saddened to see it a flop and tired of the mis-valuation.

Last edited:
This is the biggest failure of valuation on here over the years. Consant theories or analysis that this is a heavier hittier, yet here we are......maybe the street needs more details but I'm saddened to see it a flop and tired of the mis-valuation.
I was not bullish on FSD subscription. It's just a new pricing scheme which Tesla could have done anytime they want as coding it is easy. The main course is FSD on city streets wide release. Without it, the take rate for FSD subscription is a nothing burger.

Perspective. Autos being hit hard due to chip shortages. Tesla faring much better than most, however hold of Model S deliveries weighing on TSLA. GM announced 4 week shut down of their most profitable truck division and 2nd BEV recall. Straight BEV plays hit especially hard today.
CCIV +5.90% (no words)
F -0.65%
TSLA -0.91%
GM -1.26%
NIO -4.51%
XPEV -5.25%
LI -8.05%
RIDE -8.67%

Look forward to Tesla Q2 results Monday after market close. TSLA needs to break out of the "just an auto company" mentality. Q2 results probable, Q3 results for sure, Q4 results for good measure.

Perspective. Autos being hit hard due to chip shortages. Tesla faring much better than most, however hold of Model S deliveries weighing on TSLA. GM announced 4 week shut down of their most profitable truck division and 2nd BEV recall. Straight BEV plays hit especially hard today.
CCIV +5.90% (no words)
F -0.65%
TSLA -0.91%
GM -1.26%
NIO -4.51%
XPEV -5.25%
LI -8.05%
RIDE -8.67%

Look forward to Tesla Q2 results Monday after market close. TSLA needs to break out of the "just an auto company" mentality. Q2 results probable, Q3 results for sure, Q4 results for good measure.
Gm= Sky is falling ...down almost as much as Tsla

As for NIO, XPEV, and LI...it has a lot to do with this news

Not a lot of Chinese stocks are spared today. Baba, JD, BZUN. Most Chinese stocks got hammered today because they are listed on the US stock exchange.

So lets just bathe in this week being even more disappointing than last week as QQQ hits all time highs, leaving Tsla in the dust.

I want to address the point of using S/X lower volume production vehicles to debut new technologies.

Meh. And here’s why:

Dashless car - debuted Model 3
New venting system - debuted Model 3
New nose - debuted Model 3
Two piece rear casting - debuted Model Y
One piece rear casting - debuted Model Y
One piece front casting - will debut Model Y
New 4680 cells - will debut Model Y
Battery pack as structure - will debut Model Y
New dry anode whatever it’s called - will debut Model Y
New SS bent/folded body - CT (which will be high volume)

Point being, it doesn’t appear to me Tesla cares to be cautious and necessarily debut new tech in low volume cars.

Clearly, they put new tech into S because they were going for something very specific/had a specific goal - but they also left out a lot of their new tech.

So to me the point is weak and not a reason to keep status quo.
Historically the sweet spot in volume/price/profit/refresh-rate for BMW to do technology insertion was 5-series.

How safe is Gigi Shanghai from the flood situations in China?
GF3 is more vulnerable to sea level rising than any river floods.
47B17E29-0E3F-4567-96AE-943792EDE0BF.jpeg

Logistics might be impacted but most of manufacturing in China are on east coast not inland though, typhoon would have more impacts than flood.