Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a summary of the Tesla estimates for Q2.
Let me know if there is any other forecaster you want me to add to the list.
View attachment 687632
Is it right that in the case of "Analyst - Compiled by Tesla" and FactSet, we don't know whether bitcoin impairment was factored in, into the Non-GAAP EPS (0.94)?
Assuming that's true, I like this comparison though, because in the worst case (without impairment) it's 0.94. And Tesla community estimates, including bitcoin impairment, are higher.
And even if FUDsters through media try to mix up the numbers, compare earnings with impairment Vs estimates without impairment, we would still see a beat.

Is it right that in the case of "Analyst - Compiled by Tesla" and FactSet, we don't know whether bitcoin impairment was factored in, into the Non-GAAP EPS (0.94)?
Assuming that's true, I like this comparison though, because in the worst case (without impairment) it's 0.94. And Tesla community estimates, including bitcoin impairment, are higher.
And even if FUDsters through media try to mix up the numbers, compare earnings with impairment Vs estimates without impairment, we would still see a beat.
I am sure that the estimates from Analysts as compiled by Tesla have nothing for Bitcoin. I picked this up from Rob Maurer's video.
I am almost certain that FactSet is missing the impairment as well but because I could not verify it, I left it with a ?.

I think that Gary Black is correct: Wall Street will back out the impairmant loss when making an assessment on performance.
However, others from CNBS and pseudo-journalists that we know well will intentionally mix up the numbers to make performance look weaker.

CNBS Reporting on Telsa Q2 Results:
1627155635257.png

I am sure that the estimates from Analysts as compiled by Tesla have nothing for Bitcoin. I picked this up from Rob Maurer's video.
I am almost certain that FactSet is missing the impairment as well but because I could not verify it, I left it with a ?.

I think that Gary Black is correct: Wall Street will back out the impairmant loss when making an assessment on performance.
However, others from CNBS and pseudo-journalists that we know well will intentionally mix up the numbers to make performance look weaker.

CNBS Reporting on Telsa Q2 Results:
View attachment 687770
This is SO spot on….
We don’t know when the SP will show signs of clue-ing in, but it is inevitable. I said it before, so I will repeat it again, Wall Street is playing “chicken” with TSLA. Maybe after these results, maybe after Q3 or Q4….but it’s inevitable.

Yes, ideal timing would be to take effect about 8 weeks from now, coinciding with the end of the "flat-spot" in the 200-day Moving Average:

View attachment 685031

For a potential 5:1 split to take effect on about Fri, Sep 3rd (after-hours), the announcement should come during the 3rd week of August. This may work well with the timing of the AGM, where there will need to be a vote on increasing the maximum number of shares that Tesla can issue (currently limited to 1 billion; the BoD only has authority to exceed that share count by 20% w/o a vote of shareholders).

Hope a split works out for this Fall. The next advantageous moment may be after Elon's 2018 CEO comp. plan has been fully expensed (and appears in the 10-Q's), which could be 2022 Q1 or Q2.

At any rate, a split also paves the way for Telsa's listing on the DOW-30, or DJIA. That'll be a nice piece of free advertizing, especially as Berlin and Austin are ramping.

Cheers!
Last year was AGM on Sep-22-2020? This was after the split.
In 2020, did the BoD already have the authority by Aug-11-2020 for the 5:1 share count post-split?
You are expecting a shorter time window between the split announcement and actual split date this time, Aug-3rd week - Sep-03?

Btw, Elon's green candles tweet timing was 3:09 :cool:

Just the other day driving into Oregon over the Siskiyou summit and I called the newspaper but they weren't interested. I guess unless a Tesla has a flat tire or was using AP its not newsworthy.
The Semi below was creating a smoke cloud that looked like a forest fire and this area is under grave danger due to the effects of climate change and currently:

Tesla Semis need deployment now.

1627166139698.png

I spoke with Tesla Fremont again today regarding our Plaid S order. Ours was not ordered with the white seats nor the carbon fiber interior that Sawyer claimed ‘might’ have been contributing to delays, however it was ordered with 19” rims - which were a necessity for our Idaho travels to obtain more range due to lack of any Supercharging in the middle of our state. I was told that no Plaid S vehicles have yet been shipped with 19” rims due to lack of availability, however that situation has been corrected and we should see Model S Plaid inventory rolling on 19” rims very soon. I had no expectations that Sawyer was posting anything valuable for our order issues, but I imagine it got him a few more clicks.

Wu Wa with a NIGHT video of Shanghai taken July 22.

I have noticed that newly constructed building in the middle of the factory now has trailers parked on all 3 sides day and night...

Over the next 6-12 months we should see what impact the last phase of construction has on production rates.