Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 500 is a decent little ev now, plenty of kwh small car ideal for Europe, looks cute too.

Yeah, any car that small is going to look cute. And that's not the class of car I'm suggesting shouldn't be included in the same category of EV sales as the other EV's that also replace gas cars.

The Fiat 500 retails for 23,000 pounds before incentives which is almost $32,000 dollars!

Yeah, any car that small is going to look cute. And that's not the class of car I'm suggesting shouldn't be included in the same category of EV sales as the other EV's that also replace gas cars.

The Fiat 500 retails for 23,000 pounds before incentives which is almost $32,000 dollars!
That price includes significant sales tax etc. And its not really a type of car that works well in USA. Europe and European cities are different.

My brokerage's newsfeed:

Tesla To Begin Model Y Deliveries In Hong Kong, Macau In September: Report

Today 4:57 PM ET (Benzinga)

Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) may soon begin deliveries of its Model Y, a midsize, all-electric SUV, in Hong Kong — a market CEO Elon Musk once dubbed as a "beacon city for EVs."

What Happened: Model Y deliveries will begin in Hong Kong and Macau as early as September, the South China Morning Post said, citing the company.

Tesla plans to make available in Hong Kong all three Model Y versions, namely standard, long and performance, the report said.

Under the Hong Kong government's one-for-one replacement scheme, which provide concessions of as much as 287,500 Hong Kong dollars ($36,986), a standard range Model Y will be available in Hong Kong at 239,800 Hong Kong dollars, the report said.

Just read an interesting tweet suggesting that if FSD Beta goes wide release in September, it releases a chunk of FSD deferred revenue and further boosts Q3 earnings.

Anybody know how big a chunk? Worth getting excited about?
I think it's a given that at some point TSLA is going to recognize this deferred revenue. Not much of a surprise imo. What institutions are interested in will be the trajectory of the take rate in response to the wide release.

The one-time release of deferred revenue will be backed out by most analysts. As a growth stock, the future is more important than the past. The ability to recognize more of that revenue going forward will have a much higher impact than the one time release.

One time things might be backed out by analysts, but the fact is that it gets calculated into the P/E. This goes for the tax allowance as well. These two items will have big impacts on the P/E multiple of Tesla and will likely bring in new money from funds that have rules on P/E multiples.

If these were one time items for a company that's NOT growing earnings (especially at a rapid pace), then you'd have issues with the P/E going back up a year after these one time items are not calculated into the P/E anymore. Lucky for us, Tesla is growing earnings at a superb pace.

The one-time release of deferred revenue will be backed out by most analysts. As a growth stock, the future is more important than the past. The ability to recognize more of that revenue going forward will have a much higher impact than the one time release.
I mentioned this before. The one-time deferred tax revenue does not impact the stock price besides fooling algro-bots for a good 5 mins.

I mentioned this before. The one-time deferred tax revenue does not impact the stock price besides fooling algro-bots for a good 5 mins.

There are funds out there that can't buy stocks that have a P/E above a certain level. One time items do make an impact to bring the multiple down much faster for these funds to start buying in.

One time things might be backed out by analysts, but the fact is that it gets calculated into the P/E. This goes for the tax allowance as well. These two items will have big impacts on the P/E multiple of Tesla and will likely bring in new money from funds that have rules on P/E multiples.

If these were one time items for a company that's NOT growing earnings (especially at a rapid pace), then you'd have issues with the P/E going back up a year after these one time items are not calculated into the P/E anymore. Lucky for us, Tesla is growing earnings at a superb pace.
that depends on whether GAAP or non GAAP EPS will be used to calculate the internal PE ratio at each individual institution. In cases like this, I would think most of them will back it out from GAAP EPS as well