Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Was wondering when the FUD would restart.....

1627948725826.png

I can back that up as I just rented a Model 3 in Germany for a week. While small to me, trying to find a parking spot in Mannheim was something of a challenge at times. The hotel parking garage was challenging as well just driving from one level to another without scraping the sides or tearing off the side mirrors. Thank goodness for folding mirrors. By then end of the week I was able to make it through the garage without having to back up and reposition but I could never get my X in there. Lots of Fiats and Smart half a cars. Certainly some big cars but not sure where they park in the city.

To be fair, your are an American driver and not an European that drove always in that environment and can manipulate a vehicle while shifting gears. Model Y and 3 are completely fine for native European drivers. 😊

Only 1 ship left from Giga China in June and it was headed to Australia. Rest of production went to local China sales.

Recently we saw pics of hundreds of white model 3 unloading in Port Kembla. Forgive my ignorance, but that begs many questions.

Was it a RORO?
Was it ex China?
Are China now producing right hand drive?
Will UK be supplied ex China now?
When will we see a model Y?
Are these nickel or iron chem?
Will we see another price drop? (My model 3 in Feb was $AU 71K, one price drop since then was exchange rate driven, I read).

On a typical drive here in Northern NSW I might see one or two Teslas. More of late. Model Y will double sales. Sales will grow as owners spread the fever. To really penetrate, to Toyota levels, prices need to fall.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
The one-time release of deferred revenue will be backed out by most analysts. As a growth stock, the future is more important than the past. The ability to recognize more of that revenue going forward will have a much higher impact than the one time release.

Pretty sure we already went over this and concluded 100 percent of subscription revenue will be recognized immediately.

Because unlike BUYING FSD, where Tesla still "owes" you something later, with the subscription you get whatever is available for the next month and they owe you nothing else at all- and it's non-refundable besides.

KS beat me to the reply.

There's also people who still will buy FSD upfront. More of that revenue is instantly recognized. If you are looking for improved margins here it is.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Recently we saw pics of hundreds of white model 3 unloading in Port Kembla. Forgive my ignorance, but that begs many questions.

Was it a RORO?
Was it ex China?
Will we see another price drop? (My model 3 in Feb was $AU 71K, one price drop since then was exchange rate driven, I read).

On a typical drive here in Northern NSW I might see one or two Teslas. More of late. Model Y will double sales. Sales will grow as owners spread the fever. To really penetrate, to Toyota levels, prices need to fall.

On a RORO from Shanghai. Don't have answers for your other questions.

1627950804043.png

Was wondering when the FUD would restart.....

View attachment 691280

Lake Norman Media Group reported no injuries resulting in the accident here:
Thank goodness. Looks like the Tesla driver put their car in Drive instead of Reverse to back out of the parking lot.

Meanwhile WBTV puts this accident as their main cover storey, meanwhile, their "Most Read" article is sidelined about a Mercedes that crashes in a fireball killing two 20 year olds and seriously injuring two others. I'm shocked they mentioned Mercedes in their article as most all car crashes have the manufacturer silent except for Tesla.
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 8.28.31 PM.png

Was it a RORO?
Was it ex China?

Was it a RORO?
On a RORO, plus there've been other deliveries to Australia. We actually have a decent stock of M3 in the country and prices have lowered recently along with new incentives, so they won't last long.

Was it ex China?
Yes, all AU/NZ deliveries are now coming from China.

They've been producing RHD M3 since last year and recently started producing RHD MY.

Probably as the Shanghai factory is now the main export hub with a lot of ships currently heading to Europe. That may change once Berlin comes online.

RHD MY is currently available for order in Hong Kong with first deliveries expected in September. There is no confirmation for Australia/NZ/UK release yet, although rumours have suggested Australia before the end of '21.

Current M3 LR from Shanghai is LG Nickel, while SR+ is CATL LFP.

Current list price for a M3 SR+ in Australia after recent (July) price drop is $59,900AU, driveaway price in NSW including incentives (from 1 Sept) will be $59,473AU.

I'm in Melbourne and Teslas are becoming a very common sight and will only get more prolific from here on.

Last edited: