Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a card in the mail today regarding this case

Class is limited to buyers/sellers between 8/7/18 - 8/17/18
Must be targeted at those that sold, because an 8x return in 3 years is a good thing last I checked.
TWTR) – If you invested $ 1,000 in Tesla when Elon Musk said the company was going private, here’s how much you would have now – . | FR24 News English

I was aware that was the case before the message board overhaul. However, since then I have always been able to set the time when copying through YouTube "Share" and posting it here through the TMC "Media" button. In the case today, when I click the video, it starts at my chosen 2:15. Is that not the case for you?
It worked perfect for me, started right on queue at 2:15. 👍

I was aware that was the case before the message board overhaul. However, since then I have always been able to set the time when copying through YouTube "Share" and posting it here through the TMC "Media" button. In the case today, when I click the video, it starts at my chosen 2:15. Is that not the case for you?

Indeed, it is I who should be aware of the changes with the message board overhaul. I see the forum src is now:

[ MEDIA=youtube ] 57UGEHBssxU:135 ]​
(where :135 represents the time index in seconds)​
By default, I have configured my browser to block all Youtube content on TMC. If I want to watch a particular video, I open it in a new tab (where the 'blocking' rule doesn't apply)

Thanks again, and

Cheers!

Last edited:
🤔

After looking into the S&P over this year / various FAANG growth numbers / the US real estate market, does anyone think TSLA is a safer and less ...volatile...asset than a majority of the current investments available? Is that possible?
Of course. You want an asset with great management, great earning potentials, great balance sheet, and great innovation. I ran the numbers. TSLA is in a class of its own.

Of course. You want an asset with great management, great earning potentials, great balance sheet, and great innovation. I ran the numbers. TSLA is in a class of its own.

It's a form of an analysis...i'm trying to ask the question to get opinions...you know, to spark discussion on a TSLA investors forum...not a confirmation of why I asked the question in the first place...

🤔

After looking into the S&P over this year / various FAANG growth numbers / the US real estate market, does anyone think TSLA is a safer and less ...volatile...asset than a majority of the current investments available? Is that possible?
Context:

There's so many more newly wealthy people, including us, on the planet that is becoming increasingly small. If you have a ton of newly influential and wealthy people with all sorts of ideas that they can make happen, who gets the resources?

Musk's companies seem like a safe bet in order to recruit the best...but...hm.

I'm not using my judgement, because my judgement isnt relevant.

The Judges judgement is. I dont doubt they will toss the case out but the arbiter of what is right is the guy in the court room with the gavel.

There are consequences for misusing the legal system for frivolous suits. NABU in Germany is about to cross that threshold where they will have to get pre-approval from a Judge before filing any action against Tesla (after 18 months of unceasing, all found-to-be-baseless, lawsuits).

I recommend using your judgement. Waiting for the Courts is a 7+ year process, which is exactly what the shortzes are trying to do with these frivilous law suits. And yes, it is Tesla short sellers that are funding these never-ending legal actions.

I think any company that waits on the courts for justice would die in the waiting room. Do you not see that? If not, your faith in the Courts is certainly not based on experience in N. America or Europe.

On a roll... 4 wins in a row for the first time since the 5 game streak to start the 2021 season. They are now green year to date after being in the red since the end of April. Heavily attended game today, and the home team fans liked what they saw even if they let the big lead slip after halftime.

Today
Score:709.67
Margin of W/L:22.47
Attendance:33,144,790
High - Low:28.54
Season
Record:71-75
Total margin of wins:1,344.67
Total margin of losses:-1,340.67
YTD gain/loss:4.000.57%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:6-4
Streak:W4
Avg margin of victory:18.94
Avg margin of defeat:-17.88
Avg Attendance:22,817,931
Avg Attendance of Last 10:21,617,656
Avg High - Low:33.11
Avg H - L of Last 10:23.34

Up $4 YTD....very nice

@Curt Renz
@Artful Dodger

It worked for me. started at the exact spot where they started talking about Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: Curt Renz
considering it was down almost $150 a few months ago, anything in the green YTD feels good, and I think it will get even greener by the end of the year
100% agree.

Like 1 day of sun after a month of rain. For those who live on the NW coast.

@Chunky Jr. I appreciate these updates, some of my favorite posts.

Honestly, very surprised there aren't any "new money" articles in 2021 from the after effects of the tremendous wealth generation of 2020.

So basically just watch the movie Titanic and compare "The Unsinkable" Molly Brown (played with enjoyable aplomb by Kathy Bates) with the various rich people she interacts with on the doomed cruise ship and you'll get it.

The real question is how long it takes for "New Money" to become "Old Money". Is it merely a single generation? There is now no longer anyone in the Disney family who actually involves themselves with the family's company, are they now "Old Money"? Meanwhile, the Ford family still owns a majority controlling stake in their family's company and William Clay "Bill" Ford not only actively serves in various executive positions but was even CEO for a number of years. So are the Fords still "New Money"? The mind boggles at the thought of these arbitrary distinctions.

Well yeah-- I even sold some of em this morning.

Rebought them near close for over 50% profit too.

I know folks like squaksquare as a day trader, but he does not understand options. Like- at all.

His posts often suggest premiums are only collected when options hit their strike price for example, which is hilariously wrong.
On that twitter handle, I agree.
I hope people who follow him on twitter realize he/she shouldn't be taken as a source of information, especially on share price, options, oh wait, all he cares about is only share price action, no values in common with Tesla's values or mission.

"In for a 1000 at $xxx..", sometime later in the day, "out 1000 at $xxx".
I guess only in the last few months, he started keeping the chairs overnight.
Once the price started going downward, and he was openly regretting holding for those few days/weeks.

Reactions: saniflash
To be fair, your are an American driver and not an European that drove always in that environment and can manipulate a vehicle while shifting gears. Model Y and 3 are completely fine for native European drivers. 😊
I’ve been driving model S and X all over Western Europe since 2014. My conclusion: when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Everywhere else, just take the X.