Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting on a little powder waiting for a pullback but it seems more resilient now which is fine. Aug 19th rumors of robotics maybe, so people not selling.

I love how Tesla puts their tech demos in between earnings or P&D. Like a constant pounding on the industry as reminder to try much harder, and it gives the stonk another pump of the tires due to this FUD induced air leak. I don't think I'd last 2 months for the next quarterly cycle and no news until then! So their constant feed keeps us hooked on the future.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Notice the key word highlighted in this article:

1628100923709.png

The White House is planning an event Thursday with President Joe Biden and executives on electric vehicles from General Motors, Ford Motor and Chrysler parent Stellantis, as well as the administration’s proposed revisions to fuel economy requirements through the 2026 model year.

Attendees invited:
Peter Rawlinson
Mark Russell
Steve Burns
Trevor Milton (If he can make it....extremely busy these days) 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

And notice who is not invited to the party :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

View attachment 692053

The White House is planning an event Thursday with President Joe Biden and executives on electric vehicles from General Motors, Ford Motor and Chrysler parent Stellantis, as well as the administration’s proposed revisions to fuel economy requirements through the 2026 model year.

Attendees invited:
Peter Rawlinson
Mark Russell
Steve Burns

And notice who is not invited to the party :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well, that's because they only invited companies that "aspire" to have EV sales...

I think they just wanna make $TSLA close 6 green days in a row so that they can slam it saying it's had too many consecutive green days :D:D:D:D
Man. I knew someone would come along and jinx us. It's you!
Seriously though, I'll be very happy if, barring a steep macro dive, MM respects the 700 level. It would mean that they knew below 700 would bring fresh buyers into the fray.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

View attachment 692053

Attendees invited:
Peter Rawlinson
Mark Russell
Steve Burns

this is embarrassing sure, but to invite Elon along with these guys would been even more embarrassing…

Ladies and Gentlemen,

View attachment 692053

Attendees invited:
Peter Rawlinson
Mark Russell
Steve Burns

Probably because it's kind of pointless to invite Elon where Tesla's EV sales are already at 100%. The meeting is going to be a bunch of "how can we force you guys to transition but give you enough subsidies so you wouldn't die" kind of topics.

Probably because it's kind of pointless to invite Elon where Tesla's EV sales are already at 100%. The meeting is going to be a bunch of "how can we force you guys to transition but give you enough subsidies so you wouldn't die" kind of topics.

That is a possibility. Although if I were running things I'd have Elon sitting on one side, and the goofballs on the other and say "Hey idiots, do what he is doing or I'll throw you in GITMO."

I really hope Tesla doesn't get into robotics, but demoing how they can sell DOJO to robotic companies for training. More software, less hardware please.
I see you post here very often. You don’t want TSLA to build the machine that builds the machine?
I don’t understand how an active member here can hold this point of view.

Can you go into more detail as to why you think TSLA should not pursue robotics?

I see you post here very often. You don’t want TSLA to build the machine that builds the machine?
I don’t understand how an active member here can hold this point of view.

Can you go into more detail as to why you think TSLA should not pursue robotics?
I'm assuming the real world AI they want to apply to robotics is more sophisticated than mindless builder bots that does one task over and over again really well. Unless this is something that can help Tesla improve operational margins by giving builder bots more brain, I really don't care for them and would rather Tesla becomes AWS for AI training.

• Helpful
Reactions: Stone_Watcher
Ladies and Gentlemen,

View attachment 692053

Attendees invited:
Peter Rawlinson
Mark Russell
Steve Burns

Yeah, funny thing. And the company he in charge of makes 100% BEV's...

• Funny
Reactions: M|S|M MYP
Ladies and Gentlemen,

View attachment 692053

Attendees invited:
Peter Rawlinson
Mark Russell
Steve Burns

elephant-room.jpg

I'm assuming the real world AI they want to apply to robotics is more sophisticated than mindless builder bots that does one task over and over again really well. Unless this is something that can help Tesla improve operational margins by giving builder bots more brain, I really don't care for them and would rather Tesla becomes AWS for AI training.
I'm presuming -nah I know- Elon and his team are way smarter than I am ( even was, at my best), and know a whole lot more about tech /AI / sources of revenues that advance the mission. So even tho I'll play guess, it's only for personal entertainment purposes.

My most entertaining idea so far re investments and EV's is the toss up between Lucid and Faraday. I'm looking to bet 8:1 in favor of Faraday. And 60% of success one of them survives in some form ( becoming the luxe brand of Volvo aka Chinese owner X )

Ladies and Gentlemen,

View attachment 692053

Attendees invited:
Peter Rawlinson
Mark Russell
Steve Burns

The White House only invited the recognized leaders in the EV industry. /s

American politicians, regardless of party affiliation, seem to have an uncanny ability to overlook Tesla.