Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should do a little fact checking before you post.

This is under his executive authority, immune to Republican obstruction. And remember that GWB was a Texas oilman, for crying out loud 😢
Ya, I knew about that. Sure, it pisses me off, but it's just one part of an energy plan, another that pisses me off is anything for nuclear or hydrogen, but they are still talking about them because you can't just wall off entrenched interests, you have to find a way to work with them.
Regarding oil and gas leases, companies buy them up because it looks good on their balance sheet when they can claim proven reserves just waiting to be tapped, although many times they have no intention of developing new fields. And then there are the courts, and local activists that delay production on any particular lease. It takes many years to get to where you can put the bit into the earth, and the economics and need for new production will almost certainly have changed.
I thought when I heard NPR cover this, that you pick your fights where they count, and most of this will prove to be a nothing-burger if renewables and electrification make the giant leap necessary.

There is a weekend coming up. IF, at the end of it, any post appears that has the merest whiff of political posturing - for or against any US political party or prominent player in the political sphere - it will earn the rest of the community a 3-month reprise from its author’s repeated violations of TMC rules.

What's the median age of employees working for Elon Musk? Those people are changing the world. You've mentioned that you retired 20 years ago and have lived off your investments. Sure you want to be casting stones?
I am glad somebody said this. I am not sure what is this fascination with retiring asap and living off your investments. Elon could have retired long ago and lived off his fortune. If anything, this board should learn from Elon and try to add more value to society than they extract from it.

Sorry for the rant.

I am glad somebody said this. I am not sure what is this fascination with retiring asap and living off your investments. Elon could have retired long ago and lived off his fortune. If anything, this board should learn from Elon and try to add more value to society than they extract from it.

Sorry for the rant.

So, what’s your age and what time/SP are your planning to retire, from your TSLA gains? 😂

There is a weekend coming up. IF, at the end of it, any post appears that has the merest whiff of political posturing - for or against any US political party or prominent player in the political sphere - it will earn the rest of the community a 3-month reprise from its author’s repeated violations of TMC rules.
I blame the Kiwi.
;-)

Sorry for the rant.
Well....maybe some of us would like to retire from the rat race and still 'contribute meaningfully' to society. I for one, will definitely be giving back by funding some worthwhile charities as well as doing volunteer work when everything has been taken care of.

The BYD balde LFP battery is currently around $92 kWh,

Raw materials for LFP are $8 kWh....

If Tesla make in house LFP batteries I can see them getting to a range around $55-$75 kWh by say 2023, perhaps lower...

I agree with most of your comment,, energy storage prices will drop, and that will unlock extraordinary amounts of demand.
As with vehicles < $100 kWh unlock a lot of demand... So the Tesla energy business growing much larger is very likely, increasing margins slightly likely if retail price drops lag production price drops..
New thread:
BYD Blade Batteries

Sorry for the rant.
Easily said if you have a rewarding career that you love. The vast majority of people have quite unpleasant and/or unrewarding or mundane jobs.