Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case it wasn't clear to everyone, I only used "Elon Musk's little black book" as a proxy for Tesla and the customer data they have. So, yes, Tesla knows exactly "who you are" relative to what you have purchased from them, when you bought each item and what you paid for it. They also have a record of every time you have used Tesla Service how many times you have contacted them about the same, what each visit was for and what the resolution was. They also know whether you have free SC'ing, how often you charge and where you charge. And I think you had better look up the words "infallible" and "god" (or maybe just the word literal) because I'm literally confused with how you are using those words here. 😉
They see you when you're sleeping. They know when you're awake. They know if you've been bad or good. And they do watch this forum. Not sure if it was at a company level or if the particular service center employee was a member of this forum, and figured out who I was, but I was definitely asked a question by them in reference to a comment I made on this forum.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but it seems like this to me:
Experimenter : Want one marshmallow now or two in an hour?
Investor : I'll wait and take two
Experimenter : * increases interest rates a bit *
Experimenter : Want one marshmallow now, or 1.9 marshmallows in an hour?
Investor : * eats marshmallow *
I don’t like marshmallows all that much. I’ll wait until I have 100, then add butter, vanilla extract and some Rice Crispies.

What a Chinese Millennial thinks of when hearing "All hands on deck":
1628280625175.png

What an American Millennial thinks of when hearing "All hands on deck":
1628280738470.png

1628280549558.png

Maybe I'm just dumb, but it seems like this to me:
Experimenter : Want one marshmallow now or two in an hour?
Investor : I'll wait and take two
Experimenter : * increases interest rates a bit *
Experimenter : Want one marshmallow now, or 1.9 marshmallows in an hour?
Investor : * eats marshmallow *
That's how I see it as well, which is also why I've owned shares since 2012, and the interest rate related changes are meaningless to me, even when they result in short term drops in the share price. I'll wait for the 1.9 (or 19!) marshmallows soon thanks very much.

Fortunately the investors / traders in the market have different and frequently competing reasons for investing, risk tolerance, and more. If we were all the same, then we'd have bought a bunch of shares back in 2012 and the shares would still be priced at $27 because everybody has all the shares they want, and nobody new was buying.

That'd be boring.

Imagine your trading decisions were based upon dealership salesmen... not talking about their competition.

From the article... TheStreet

"Ford is a long-term holding of Real Money's Stephan Guilfoyle. After the company reported earnings, Guilfoyle feels bullish on this stock. Looking at the fundamental thesis, it boils down to one thing and that's the fact that dealerships are talking about Ford's EV entrance, but not about Tesla's cars."

Imagine your trading decisions were based upon dealership salesmen... not talking about their competition.

From the article... TheStreet

"Ford is a long-term holding of Real Money's Stephan Guilfoyle. After the company reported earnings, Guilfoyle feels bullish on this stock. Looking at the fundamental thesis, it boils down to one thing and that's the fact that dealerships are talking about Ford's EV entrance, but not about Tesla's cars."
Of course they're not. They are scared silly of Tesla's cars.

Just wanted to share this with you after kind of a downer day.
Spoiler: The Tesla Economist shows his math; says that he thinks Tesla energy mega pack product alone to be valued at $15 trillion by 2025 🤯
Have a nice weekend everyone.

Edit: Sorry looks like I was beat to the punch but I’ll let it stick here for a little while just for a little extra much wow.

Last edited:
Bullish for Tesla Energy (at least in the short term--not so much for humanity): (CNN)A major California hydroelectric power plant has been forced to shut down due to low water levels for the first time since it opened in 1967, officials said Thursday, as the state grapples with an unrelenting drought.

Back in 2017 flooding was so bad in Lake Oroville it broke part of the dam: Oroville Dam crisis - Wikipedia

Good thing our rulers are so intent on following the mone--er--I mean--following the science ;)

I hate all MSM but this one is funny:

TL: DR

View attachment 693237

The remarkable thing to me is THAT is how he found that out.

How do you run a car company that is going "all in" on EVs and not already know the state of EV charging networks?

Tesla Economist on Energy Business valuation. Much wow, potentionally.

So after watching that I realize I am done with Island's....or mountain's.
No I need my own planet.

So I think Kolob will do. ......unless it's already taken. In wich case I will have to capture it like I had planned on doing with a certain mountain.