Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's possible that Boston Dynamics could be spun out and Tesla acquires them, partly for the talent, and partly for the technology. Boston Dynamics was originally purchased by Google and later sold off.

"Beyond the fleet" could mean types of vehicles that aren't currently in production such as a delivery van. eg a fully autonomous van that delivers to your house with a robot that takes it to your door.

Guess we'll find out in a few hours.

We’re going to find out a lot about Tesla’s ambitions, probably much more so than actual demonstrable products. Whether or not Tesla is ready to offer an AI/robotics product to the marketplace (beyond FSD) next year or in five years, there’s probably going to be a new TAM to consider. Even if they didn’t understand most of the presentation, Wall St. is going to have a hard time ignoring that, and it will be interesting to see in the subsequent weeks whether anyone attempts to include it in today’s TSLA valuation or whether they try to dance around it and ignore it with “more pie in the sky promises from Elon.”

It's possible that Boston Dynamics could be spun out and Tesla acquires them, partly for the talent, and partly for the technology. Boston Dynamics was originally purchased by Google and later sold off.

"Beyond the fleet" could mean types of vehicles that aren't currently in production such as a delivery van. eg a fully autonomous van that delivers to your house with a robot that takes it to your door.

Guess we'll find out in a few hours.
I am not looking forward to any robotic company acquisition and if Tesla is working on robotic dogs the stock will take a dump. These are useless distractions with close to zero TAM.

I just want Tesla AI dojo training for robotic manufacturers as a service product, and Tesla Vision to be another product possibility in conjunction with FSD inference board as a package product. Would like to see some AI tuned electrical grid services as well.

The only hardware I wouldn't mind seeing is manufacturing robots getting a dose of AI but only if it decreases Capex and increase production on the manufacturing line.

These are the only products I am looking forward to. Its gonna be a disappointment if there are a lot of robotic dogs jumping around on stage or some kind of android being displayed. These are creepy products people are not ready for.

I am not looking forward to any robotic company acquisition and if Tesla is working on robotic dogs the stock will take a dump. These are useless distractions with close to zero TAM.

I just want Tesla AI dojo training for robotic manufacturers as a service product, and Tesla Vision to be another product possibility in conjunction with FSD inference board as a package product. Would like to see some AI tuned electrical grid services as well.

The only hardware I wouldn't mind seeing is manufacturing robots getting a dose of AI but only if it decreases Capex and increase production on the manufacturing line.

These are the only products I am looking forward to. Its gonna be a disappointment if there are a lot of robotic dogs jumping around on stage or some kind of android being displayed. These are creepy products people are not ready for.
Yes agree! If they have any robotic product or ai based robot, it should be the manufacture of robots that make batteries. Since it is batteries that will be needed.

I don't know. When I was offered the class, I think titled "How to communicate to upper management," I was appalled that it seemed to be about providing excuses that have legs to go even higher. I did not take the class, as I try to learn only from people who have demonstrated results, and excuse competence seemed to be counter to what John Wooden learned from his father and taught others: "Don't whine, complain, or [make excuses] alibi." I consider 10 NCAA basketball championships demonstrated results.

Why would one make the excuse route any easier by training excuse proficiency?

I don't know how trained Tesla is on excuse making.
You only need excuses if the culture punishes you for failing and gives almost no reward for success. (e.g. most larger corporations) No excuses are needed at Tesla.

Sometimes a media FUD story is too honest. I think that's what happened with this Barron's article today when it said, "Tesla's highly anticipated artificial intelligence day might not be enough to snap the stock out of its recent trading range. For that to happen, bullish investors might have to wait until early 2022."

Bingo! What you're seeing with this week's manipulations is an attempt to defuse the combination of Golden Cross, 3 weeks of positive trading, recent analyst upgrades of TSLA, TSLA's reaching the end of its short term decline/long term climb penant, and the approaching AI day. Remember that the market makers and hedgies make lots of money when TSLA is trading within a set range. They sell calls and puts that mostly fall out of the money and the hedgies benefit from shorting any noticeable dip then covering at the bottom.

I think all the FUD we've seen recently is the results of Wall Street pirates calling in favors from the media in order to halt a further climb of TSLA. They're afraid that a breakout could occur if the stock climbs above 730.

The simple solution for longs is to buy nonsense dips if you have the cash to invest and to hold either shares or multi-year leaps. Sooner or later, the pirates lose control of the stock price and it goes galloping up.

The story is behind a paywall but can be referenced by Googling "Tesla Stock is dead money, AI day won't change that"

If these are jumping around with Tesla logos the stock will 🚀🤖

The way the speculation has gone in the thread the last 24 hours we should just slap Tesla Logos on everything and claim TSLA will own the industry 😬

We’ve gone from recruiting event to robo dogs. I am curious to get more information on the hardware seen on the invitation and am not speculating further than that. While I have high hopes for the future of Tesla I think we should keep expectations in line.

So then in reality.........230-235k ;)

(And I'm being generous cause his miss percentage average this year is 7.5%)

In all seriousness, 230k is my baseline estimate for Q3. There's no point in estimating anything other than a baseline when supply shortages are the thing preventing you from growing even faster and those shortages are dynamic.

My estimate goes -

200,000 baseline from Q2 + 12,000 Model S's + 8,000 first month improvement Giga China (July over April) + 5,000 2nd month improvement Giga China (Aug over May) + 5,000 3rd month improvement (Sept over June) which equals = 230,000 deliveries.

Troy's making the same assumptions and what I consider mistakes again that he did in Q1 and Q2. If supply issues ease by Sept, I could see 235,000 deliveries.

I am looking forward to a roadmap for Dojo as a service. If this thing is da bomb for vision based DL training, I can see a lot of training and serving workloads (latter using inference chips in current Teslas)on Dojo, eventually becoming a big business line.

Second is perhaps a last mile delivery robot, but that might be too soon. The focus squarely needs to be on the cars and getting to FSD.

And may be a slightly more refined snek charger to charge the autonomous vehicles.

The development of the Dojo silicon needs to be amortized somehow, and I don't think Tesla is going to swallow up all the chips the foundry can produce, and the world needs a lot of custom developed Deep Learning accelerator silicon. I see a good fit here.