Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope he was giving out his referral code because conservatively he got five of those people to order one.
If he’s anything like me he has far more SC credits than he can use. They expire after 6 months. Seems a bit unfair actually (as a consumer)…I have free lifetime SC on my X; though as an investor I’m happy we’re selling every car despite a fairly insignificant perk.

Unlike the solar referral which is cold hard cash. I’ve gotten $4,800 cash for solar and powerwall referrals (though I always offer to give half of my referral cash to the buyer as I feel it’s unfairly biased to the the referrer; nobody has taken me up on that) they’re unanimously pleased with the purchase prices and products…less so with the wait times and customer service.

If you're not joking, disagree. Semi, Cybertruck, and $25 K "Model 2" are way more important to the Mission than upgraded, low-volume supercar.
The Roadster was announced before the Plaid, and since then, all automakers (except Toyota) have acknowledged that the future is 100% BEV. There's no need for the Roadster to complete the mission. Although it would be nice to have roadsters on the road (Elon likes fun), Tesla should prioritize mass production at all cost to replace all ICE as quickly as possible.

Moveable chargers (done well) solve several problem that fixed chargers cannot
They create several problems as well. I'm sorry but this idea is insane.
The battery packs in the mobile chargers would need to be huge and much higher voltage than the packs they are charging since battery voltage sags under discharge. That means custom packs, which means taking the most expensive part of an EV and making an even more expensive version. It's going to be very heavy, wasting a lot of energy driving to each vehicle, and eventually back to it's own charge station. Plus the efficiency loss of charging it's battery then discharging it into another battery. Put the same resources and cost into level 2 charger expansion and you'll end up charging more vehicles at a much lower cost per vehicle.

We've already got an unlisted YouTube video and a holding image for the AI Day Livestream:

1629390518489.png

I hope this helps a little with ambiguity:

I flew the drone over Fremont yesterday and saw no sign of production weakness. Cars were leaving the logistics lot and employee parking was fairly full. Castings are stacking up in more places though. GA4.5 line is expanding with another full length tent I believe which might increase installed capacity. Video tonight.

They are also much less expensive than a charging-R2D2, and flexible enough for many uses. The first automatic charger will likely be a robotic arm with three joints (shoulder, elbow, wrist) like a human arm or the one on Boston Dynamics' Spot. In addition to charging robotaxis, it could be sold to car owners to mount on their garage wall -- another revenue stream for Tesla.
Ooooouuuurrrghh. I’m seeing red.
My doctoral advisor ‘stood’ only slightly more than three feet tall - he had no legs. He also had only one hand. He did, however, drive himself and, with the use of a not very glorified dolly, was mobile to, from, in and out of his vehicle.

He is the sole example of a driver for whom I can see your concept justifiable. A market of one - oh, let’s be generous and say in the entire world there are eight more like him! - adds up to a rather smallish revenue stream

A bit of more Hype for AI day here from the Tesla Economist:
;)

Best comment i read so far:
[Comment about buying Hyundai, keeping Boston Dynamics, liquidating everything else...]

If they bought Hyundai, they would also get the company that builds and runs the RORO ships that move new cars to overseas markets. I would think they'd keep that too.

View attachment 698566

And which US made company is navigating this chip shortage the best? The one that was not invited to the EV party 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔
I wonder how much friction ICE sales are getting for high fuel prices. Brent crude, the leading driver of gasoline and diesel prices, has been pushing $80/barrel lately. This is high enough that it threatens general economic demand growth in the global economy. Specifically, for the auto market, higher fuel prices reduce demand for new and used vehicles in developing markets. The dream of private auto ownership gets crushed with higher fuel prices. Toyota and other ICE makers may be looking at inventory build up in recent months. In this environment paying top dollar for available chips makes no sense. If buyers are squeezed at the pump, Toyota cannot pass the price of higher chips on to them as well. So Toyota may well be backed into a corner where the best they can do is cut production 40% blame chip suppliers and hop the market can work off inventory sitting on dealer lots.

EVs, on the other hand, look pretty attractive when there is pain at the pump.

This was eastern time wasnt it? Did anyone watch?
Yes, ARK's Cathie Wood was interviewed on CNBC for an uninterrupted 20 minutes beginning about 11:30 am EDT.

CNBC - latest videos

The gist of it:

Her Analysts: Experts in specific technologies, not MBAs
Innovation: Good
Lack of it: Bad
Nevertheless, both lead to Deflation, not inflation