Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone who isnt in comp sci (Im a software engineering manager in big tech), he is laying out the roadmap for how far ahead they are than anyone else. It doesnt matter anymore, they are years ahead of the competition and it doesnt matter if they show how they do it. The moat is too large.
To add some color (see what I did there?), I have two computer science degrees. In fairness it has been some time, but this is far more advanced than anything I saw in college or any peers working on in research at that time.

The presentation is doing a good job of showing the concepts without burying everyone in the complex math and memory management. To conceptualize time in the A.I. to help it compute for changing state, I imagine that is very complex math.

Holy smokes - 2500 searches in 1.5 milliseconds - autopilot/FSD is so much safer than human drivers - and obviously getting better all the time

Someone send this AI Day YouTube link to 2 Senators and the Investigation Board. It will smother them, and it will help everyone else understand why Tesla had to design their own massive microprocessor

Last edited:
I suspect we are a year or two away from wide release of FSD for city streets anyway, but I wonder if this NHTSA situation won’t have the affect of halting limited beta testing and setting it even further back to 3 or 4 years away. That would be ugly for stock price.

just speculation of course but I’m thinkin “2 weeks” might become two years or more i
It doesn't work that way. NHTSA investigation is for the commercially released standard Autopilot and Cruise Control. It will have zero impact on Tesla doing FSD beta.

Also.....you're way off on your FSD city streets wide release.......way off. Even if the NHTSA's investigation results did restrict Tesla's ability to continue with FSD beta (which again, it won't), guaranteed it will be at least 6 months before the NHTSA makes a suggestions for Tesla to follow. FSD city street wide release will happen before that.
Well, I hope you are right, but I’ll stick with a year or two...maybe. Not faulting Tesla, we all want it to work right and be safe, but I doubt they are anywhere close. And having said that we’ll be ordering FSD again when we order our model Y. Lol.

Cheers.