Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ha! Just finished driving 1,400 km (yesterday and today) to go fishing on the coast. Will be driving back home on Friday. Stopped at a few Superchargers along the way.

So I’m thinking of an attendant TeslaBot that plugs my car in, takes my garbage for me, then washes my windows and headlights for me. When done charging it unplugs my car so the car can drive itself to an empty parking spot while I’m enjoying a nice dinner.

The first places this needs to be done are the most conspicuous places like malls (CrossIron Mills in Calgary, the Supercharger in Abbotsford, etc.) and especially chargers at gas stations (such as the new one in Golden). That’ll really get the Luddites thinking.

Differing official speed limits are a bad idea, likely to further introduce resentment from those stuck with ICE while waiting for an EV they can afford or have a place to charge.

A better option is to brief law enforcement to be lenient on EVs pushing the limit.
Preferential treatment by the police would be much worse than different regulations.

So Tesla has been thinking about a general purpose humanoid robot years ago.

Elon first tweeted about population implosion and the inverted age pyramid problem at least two years ago. It’s handy to have an irrefutable arg to support the dev of a humanoid robot, to counter people who might fear unemployment.

If Tesla pull this off, the number of pages in history “books” devoted to Musk has 10x’d. Surprisingly, not everybody gets the significance of a self driving car, but pretty much everybody notices the humanoid robot in the room.

Elon's litmus test - if you can turn off the GPUs, then DOJO works.

(high level)So DOJO is just a hardware stack to do ML where GPUs are the current preferred over CPUs. GPU's though developed for graphics/gaming found their niche in ML because they were better in doing vector math as compared to CPUs. cheers!!
He asked for a simple explanation. Instead you used acronyms. Well, actually initialisms.

Last edited:
Predictions for next week.

1. low volume meander around the 670/680 price.
2. Some awareness that AI day was something special ..so a slow steady climb.
3. Bang! Up she goes!

What say the collective?
I'd say #1 until part shortage is easing. Probably mid-Sept or even later.

Considering I live off of selling puts, I'm very happy with the price just staying around the current levels (or max 100 up / down).

Reactions: pdwitt and JustMe
Predictions for next week.

1. low volume meander around the 670/680 price.
2. Some awareness that AI day was something special ..so a slow steady climb.
3. Bang! Up she goes!

What say the collective?
If macros are green in the morning, I'm hoping we open over 690 and hit 700 so I can sell some covered calls for end of September. I don't want anything hanging over into Octobers release of Q3 numbers.

Reactions: UCF3 and NooB_cat
A great challenge of life: Knowing enough to think you are right, but not knowing enough to know you are wrong - Neil deGrasse Tyson
I don't remember valuable quotes. I remember fun ones. But this one almost applies somehow at this point in time to all this AI stuff.
"If the human brain was simple enough to understand it we wouldn't."

Image Space vs. Vector Space. I am a Physics major with a reasonable grounding on Math. The way I understood this is, the difference between how maps were displayed between Mapquest .vs Google Maps.

Yeah I would guess its a similar shift, oddly Elon was one of the first to do vector maps in flash online in browser...

Weekend OT:
I just went with the kiddos to see Free Guy. Spoiler alert 🚨

The movie does quite a bit to support my hopes that AI will likely be the good guy and evil human tendencies will remain a strain on progress.

Also lots of Teslas in the last few minutes when “Paradise” is reached.

I won’t say more, but it’s certainly worth a watch especially if you like Ryan Reynolds. He is the cutest! My daughters words, not mine (that’s a lie).