Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you're saying there's still a chance......:)

I put the odds of them producing anything relevant at <0.000000001%, slapping an Apple logo on a OEM manufacturer does not count :)

I could see them partnering with an OEM to build out the interior or a trim of some existing, but it does seem unlikely they build a full car. Get a modern day Orvis or Eddie Bauer edition.

Last edited:
Bob Lutz is chairman of an EV startup? Did NOT see that coming.

Gives to me the impression of every cretin remotely relevant to auto industry is riding on coattails of Tesla/Elon Musk to get rich quick before the party is over, while simultaneously bashing the latter.

Fair point. I believe it's an interesting approach that could prove valuable for some use cases but agree that vehicles mostly standing and that won't change. Because we may see more frequent updates it could be handy not to worry about timing but it's in my opinion all future talk anyway. Let's face it that most automakers are unable to provide OTA today and VW makes it extra complicated with their IDs.

Certainly, the concept of being able to update the software while driving is good but I don't have to be a computer scientist to see that it's not worth the trade-offs and such an ability would obviously come with major trade-offs. Making good software is difficult enough without introducing such a ridiculous complexity for so little benefit.

When I heard that a loud bell went off in my brain, clear as a sunny January morning. The German OEM's are in software hell. Nothing works and even making a simple update is a complex and nearly impossible to accomplish without spending huge amounts of money and time.

So, of course it would be music to their ears if the pied piper of software told them what they wanted to hear. That not only could they provide a solution to the mess they were in, but it wouldn't take long or cost much (relatively speaking) and it would end up being so far superior to market leader Tesla that they would be the envy of the rest of the auto industry. You could make changes to the code with surgical precision, just as easy as sending a tiny update over the air, the car won't even have to stop driving! All the execs have to do is sign the development contract and all their software woes will be solved. Why should you trust us over the competing vendors? Because we are the leading edge. Are the other competing vendors offering the ability to surgical insert updates one line of code at a time? No, I didn't think so because they are not as talented as us. You are the best automaker in the world and you deserve the best automotive software. Only we can provide it. All of your software woes will be a thing of the past.

We are so advanced, so leading edge we don't even have any history of successes yet! But we will make German auto manufacturing great again!

For an industry that is risk-adverse, they sure seemed eager to take this one, hook, line and sinker! It will end up over budget and past deadlines and end up being dropped in a hot mess. How could they be so gullible?

I'm simply saying long-winded technical discussions are so obviously OT to this thread that perhaps we should stop pretending anything even remotely related to Tesla is OT.

It's not always easy to tell what is on-topic and what is not, and, when carried to the extreme, everything is off-topic. But there is no doubt that following the GM battery fires cause(s), cures, and the way it impacts the business relationships with major battery suppliers as well as public perception of EV's in general is very much on-topic to an investment in TSLA.

These are the kinds of things that move markets and change perceptions as to who is the market leader.

Last edited:
Thank God TSLA continues to not be manipulated. (Anyone think they want $730 this week?)
Weird that someone would reach down 5% in price to sell me a LEAP out of the blue and then an hour later SP would get tanked via naked shorting dropping the value another 5%. What a strange coincidence!

I wonder if both parties being the same person has anything to do with it?

On the video review, they seem so afraid to mention Tesla CT for some reason. That said the ride looks great. Appears UI still needs work. Can’t wait for these two to go head2head
It will be a great truck, that much I am very confident and happy that their will be at least one EV on the road soon that feels like competition.

From an investor point of view, it won't be even a blip on the radar for at least 4 to 5 years as they ramp production and then they would need to execute flawlessly to dent CT's market share.

Guessing Rivian delivers about 2k vehicles this year to retail buyers and hopefully 40k next year. I'm happy to be low balling them and they can do more as it is great to have another good horse in the race!

In case anyone forgets...cause the internet never does :)

I liked the guy who called Lutz "an icon", hmmm I wonder an icon of what ? he was probably thinking of this:
1630439794554.png