Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the final hour of trading, TSLA has been whipped around with the macro-market in apparently emotional reactions to the president's speech on Afghanistan.
Not sure I buy that explanation. We were brought straight back to $730, where we were capped earlier today and some of yesterday:
1630439971584.png

Not that I know anything, but have observed the 3pm drop in the past (even traded it), and have read that Robinhood users have some forced sales (or something like that) at that time. Definitely has happened before.

Yes, leading into options expiry on a Friday afternoon. On a Tuesday though? Rather suspect.

On one hand, I am super excited about the current stock price, on the other the fact that some of my LEAPs are down 15% over the past two days leaves me wondering and slightly apprehsive about what someone(s) is cooking up.

In case anyone forgets...cause the internet never does :)

I actually watched the whole video and it's amazing his BS is enough to fill the CNBC studio, the whole floor, the floor below, the floor above, and still needs more space.

P.S. That's without the help of bob nardelli. With those two mighty forces joined together, I feel so sorry for CNBC's real hero - janitors cleaning up their BS buildings.

Last edited:
Market appears to be shaking off the mandatory afternoon dip (MAD). I don't know enough about manipulation to know if my hunch makes any sense or has any merit, but this end of day response seems to indicate that something has changed, and as volume picks up over the next few weeks, the MMS will get stepped on.
I’d say that was an interesting finish to the day, but then that would indicate that it was somehow an unusual occurrence. 🙄 Shortbread cookies and peanut brittle!

The main thing I got from the interview was the very high level of risk aversion. This tells me that the competition will continue to move slowly despite what they say.
It's ironic that the legacy/risk adverse are ones that end up with the $2B prismatic pouch batteries under recall, no?

So, it sounds like someone has gobbled up about 4-4.5m shares over the past two days and possibly hedging with LEAPs? ... that is the current theory I am seeing on Twitter.
TSLA closed at a split adjusted basis of $442.68 on the Friday of the split a year ago. Closing today at $735.72 is about a 2/3’s gain. Not bad for holding through the usual Spring pullback.

Now, we’re heading into the Fall and Winter during which TSLA has done well in the past. Given the accelerants we have going for us, I’m optimistic.

I have a couple screenshots at the split from my broker showing the total dollar value of my holdings as 5 times the actual value—before they corrected it over the weekend, that is. I’m looking forward to the day that that value is correct! 😃

So, it sounds like someone has gobbled up about 4-4.5m shares over the past two days and possibly hedging with LEAPs? ... that is the current theory I am seeing on Twitter.

There was some rather large selling of leaps in the 850-950 range yesterday (one was 993 contracts and 13m in premium alone which sent the whole chain sinking). Today there were only 2 sells 1m premium or more in the 800+ range. On the buy side, lots and lots of orders of 1+m premium. Big money is moving in on the bullish side of the options flow to a higher degree than has been seen in a while, especially in the LEAPs. Which really could have as much to do with some bargain shopping while the premiums have tanked.

Lol at his comment about the battery factory.
This aged well…
Thanks for the blast from the past. I wonder why we no longer see him spouting nonsense nowadays. You can feel the jealousy from his comments. And the comment about Neptune and Saturne shows so much ignorance. There are many good scientific reasons why Mars is a much better candidate for human first planetary exploration than those two gaseous planets.

View attachment 703731
Spike of volume in the final minutes with a 2+ million in volume spike at the very end. That's a big whale to close out the day!
If you recall back to the S&P inclusion event, we learned that the last 10 minutes of trading are when many of the passive institutions make their trades. This is all included in the "closing cross" that is essentially an auction event that gets recorded on the final tick after all the buys and sells are matched.