Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a investor I like to put my hands on the product of the company: I rode in my friends Plaid today. OMG, pictures online do not do it justice for build quality. Its next level of fit and finish vs my 2016 MS 90D. Its like going from a Honda to a Lexus, just a whole different (better) experience even though its from the same company. Can't wait to see the new MY from Austin!

Then we punched it 0-XX and I was just giggling with excitement whole time... does not stop pulling 🤯. Yup, Tesla is doing something great and continues to improve in every aspect. I'm going to look in the couch cushions and see if I can get a few more chairs on Monday before it goes bonkers with Q3 numbers. 🐂

Reading the actual committee document: https://waysandmeans.house.gov/site.../files/documents/SUBFGHJ_xml.pdf?source=email

1) Substance mostly starts p 282.
2) Subsidy can't exceed half the purchase price.
3) Base amount $4,000.
4) If the battery is more than 40kWh-50kWh (depending on year), then +$3,500.
5) If it satisfies 'domestic assembly requirements' it gets +4,500$.
6) If the battery satisfies 'domestic content requirements' it gets +500$.

So what is entitled to that #4 there? Anything 'propelled to a significant extent by an electric motor' which draws electricity from a battery which has a capacity of 7kWh (goes up to 10kWh later).

So what I'm reading here is pretty basic plug-in hybrids are entitled to the 4k$.

What that also means is that a union-made PHEV can receive $9,000 while a non-union fully electric can receive $8,000. Scandalous imo.
Now THAT is infuriating. THAT is worth writing your parliamentarian about. Ridiculous.

Cadillac has pushed the AWD Lyriq out to 2023. Website quote below. (There's no non-performance AWD.)
The all-electric 2023 LYRIQ launches with Rear-Wheel Drive in the first half of 2022—while orders for the Performance All-Wheel Drive model will begin in late 2022 (availability starting early 2023).
SEE, just like Tesla Cadillac cannot meet demand. / S

As a investor I like to put my hands on the product of the company: I rode in my friends Plaid today. OMG, pictures online do not do it justice for build quality. Its next level of fit and finish vs my 2016 MS 90D. Its like going from a Honda to a Lexus, just a whole different (better) experience even though its from the same company. Can't wait to see the new MY from Austin!

Then we punched it 0-XX and I was just giggling with excitement whole time... does not stop pulling 🤯. Yup, Tesla is doing something great and continues to improve in every aspect. I'm going to look in the couch cushions and see if I can get a few more chairs on Monday before it goes bonkers with Q3 numbers. 🐂

I received my Model S Long Range yesterday..
The fit and finish is way ahead of the previous versions !

This board doesn't seem to think Tesla could simply become a union shop. Why can't we(us here) register as a new union and go about recruiting Tesla employees?

We could have an app that just says:

"We should strike today."
"We should go to work today."

Problem solved. Union dues are $.69 per year.
Only the "union" donated to the political party count.

Reactions: Unpilot
The other reason Koper is attractive is that the main Italian ports Genoa and La Spezia are a nightmare at the moment. My company imports into Italy through those as we need to get to Turin, and we’ve not had an on-time delivery for over a year. Typical delay 2 weeks.

Genoa is also a nightmare for road traffic, on any given day.
Interesting to hear, thank you.

You are doing better than me ! I've been experiencing lifting and delivery delays of 2-6 weeks for a few years now, shipping from UK to the whole world. Mind you that's definitely not just a matter of Covid and Suez, that's also Brexit. (It has been worse at key Brexit transition moments).

In these circumstances I am very impressed with the manner in which Tesla has consistently executed on its logistics and continued to ramp strongly, both inbound and outbound.

This board doesn't seem to think Tesla could simply become a union shop. Why can't we(us here) register as a new union and go about recruiting Tesla employees?

We could have an app that just says:

"We should strike today."
"We should go to work today."

Problem solved. Union dues are $.69 per year.

I have said this here a few times. But I will say it again.

Company sponsored Unions are not allowed in the USA.

Any auto company where a Union is created that is not affiliated with the UAW will be challenged by the UAW. Alleging that it is a company sponsored Union.

Given the majority are Biden appointments at the NLRB(National Labor Relations Board), they would likely rule in favor of the UAW.

The tax credit business is so politicized I am against it, the 12.5k one is probably doa now anyway that Manchin is against the larger bill.

They should just use that money instead to promote battery and EV factories here in the USA instead. Would be a higher ROI than a tax credit anyway.
Elon once said or tweeted, that the government should not subsidize a fixed outcome (i.e. tax credit for x), but penalize the thing it does not want (like carbon tax) and let the markets figure out the best way to achieve it.

In the end of is only a slight difference if EV gets cheaper or ice gets more expensive..

But well.. since when do governments work that way.... 🤷‍♀️

Elon once said or tweeted, that the government should not subsidize a fixed outcome (i.e. tax credit for x), but penalize the thing it does not want (like carbon tax) and let the markets figure out the best way to achieve it.

In the end of is only a slight difference if EV gets cheaper or ice gets more expensive..

Agree in principle, but if gas-powered hybrids built in MX somehow get a US $9K subsidy while Teslas built in the US get $8K, my tax dollars will not only be fantastically wasted, but they'll actually be promoting increased production of ICE & greater emissions...it's CRAZY

a profound presentation

Attachments

• 8FD701EF-3A1F-4BDF-8A7A-F8201B060565.png
    8FD701EF-3A1F-4BDF-8A7A-F8201B060565.png
    1 MB · Views: 85
  • 7511B483-D7D1-462F-8581-D4BE472EEC29.png
    7511B483-D7D1-462F-8581-D4BE472EEC29.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • B1FDFC9C-683B-455F-ADCA-89C4B444049A.png
    B1FDFC9C-683B-455F-ADCA-89C4B444049A.png
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 64
I think this might be @Papafox best post ever:
Papafox's Daily TSLA Trading Charts
He covers Friday's analysis, next week analysis (including max pain, DMA, triple witching), wider market news (including EV incentive bill), FSD, Q3 estimates & COVID. Objective but with some opinions - all in a couple of pages of text at most.

Is there a better summary of anything on the internet than this?

My read on this is that EM is not a fan of subsidies. Right now subsidies are ineffective because there is no inventory to clear out.

What subsidies may do is help traditional auto companies borrow $billions because the enduring incentives will make the business case for extensive spending to transition to electric vehicles attractive.

The walking dead are the dealerships. They will be left with selling used cars and repairing gassers….. a road to nowhere IMO.