Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$344,97. Another great day!

Five green days in a row. That only happens about twice a year. Only one trading day this year not green. 14,9% gain during those five days.

Indeed. So what is your take about tomorrow? Is this all short lived? Or is the smart money starting to tip-toe to the exit and we see the expectations for Q4 earnings be priced in right now - just so that we can have another huge drop after earnings?

Reactions: erha
I don't think it fits too well - 200 kWh and 620 miles of range creates its own category.

Not will the Roadster 2's actual sales matter too much - it's more of a marketing tool IMHO than a regular product. Its whole point will be to be awesome on as many levels as possible. :D
Indeed, and part of that marketing function is to normalize everything in-between. That is, when consumers are offered three levels of a product, most will choose the one in the middle. So if you want to boost high end sales, you put an even higher end product out there to frame what you want to sell most of as something in the middle.

So with this marketing psychology in mind, I think the Roadster can normalize sales for vehicles with ranges of 400 to 500 miles. Connecting the dots, I have a hunch that Tesla will come out with a Performance S/X with ~160kWh pack. I'm not saying anyone really needs this range, but some consumers will definite feel the emotional NEED for it once the Roadster 2 is on the market. It will be fun to see what tricks Elon will pull out of the hat.

Just pathetic. :( Its one thing to dislike a stock for investment purposes, but his personal jabs are way out of line. MBS deserves to lose everything, and then be sued by every one of his clients for allowing his personal feelings to cloud his investing judgement.

Just some angle weirdness. Their hands are proportional.

upload_2019-1-10_21-36-9.png

Just pathetic. :( Its one thing to dislike a stock for investment purposes, but his personal jabs are way out of line. MBS deserves to lose everything, and then be sued by every one of his clients for allowing his personal feelings to cloud his investing judgement.
You might be right, but how did Mohammad bin Salman enter this tale? :p

Electrek article on advanced summon.

https://electrek.co/2019/01/10/tesl...ks-over-new-autopilot-feature-says-elon-musk/

I’m surprised there’s been so little discussion.

The fact that they are actively working for regulatory approval for advanced summon, seems to indicate it is very close to being ready for deployment.

Seems very bullish to me.
You made me click a Fred article, darn you! :D

While I'd love to be one of the early adopters to test it out, I confess I'm not in a hurry for Tesla to give things official blessing -- I'm concerned about liability. IMO they should keep things in beta for an extended period of time.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger

The only point Mark BS could have here would be to compare Elon Musk to Donald Trump:

"Believe me, my hands are not small"

- that's about as far as Mark BS's analytical skills go.

PS. If anyone perceives me as extra critical of Donald Trump these days, then it is just because he is about to have shut down the federal government for the longest time ever, for an absolutely nonsensical reason no less.

Last edited:
Connecting the dots, I have a hunch that Tesla will come out with a Performance S/X with ~160kWh pack.
I doubt that, I think Roadster will have 2 layers of cells or some in the trunk.
You can't add 60% more kwh into the existing battery space for S/X, unless they had some huge breakthrough and a new energy cell. When Elon was asked in the past what was his feeling for the rate of improvement in battery chemistry/ capacity, I believe he quoted much lower numbers.