Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Renewables are going to bring billions to rural areas since they have all the space for infrastructure to support denser cities. So they're gonna have tons more money, land will be worth 3x today, locally produced excess electricity(fuel) will be free at night......and that's gonna be a problem?

These people that have been so close to greed and scarcity for their entire thinking careers will have a tough time envisioning the realities of sustainable abundance.

Here's a PBS video about new town being built within what was a huge horse ranch in southwest Florida. It's powered by a large array of solar panels placed near the community. Every home garage comes with the proper wiring and outlet to charge an electric vehicle.

Last edited:

Why did you quote Ford's July numbers when we have August numbers available and they are almost as dreadful? August may have improved on a month/month basis (vs. July) but were just about as dreadful when not comparing to the previous month which was exceptionally dreadful.

But not to worry, this is not the beginning of the shift to EV, it's just chip shortages. While it's true that EV sales were up sharply over the same period, that's probably because EVs require less chips than ICE so sales growth of big inefficient ICE vehicles will resume shortly as the EV market becomes saturated and demand drops. No way this could be a shift in consumer sentiment towards EVs. :rolleyes:

/s

Last edited:
You don’t get any more rural than the mountain. I got my priorities right. No power, no plumbing, not even a roof yet, BUT I got Starlink (which I power with a portable battery), because my contractor and his workers need incentive and nothing more powerful than free Wifi in the middle of nowhere.
As a construction worker, I can tell you that getting paid on a regular basis is somewhat more so.

In the event of most drugs it just needs to show better than the placebo, which is our current state. Tesla should be able to easily prove that.

Our current driving state, placebo, 1.2 deaths per 100 million miles driven (thanks google and wikipedia). It just needs to show better. 10000 drivers in the new beta (estimate) driving 10000 miles per year should get you to the 100mln and if less than a person dies than it showed improvement. In fact, if just 1 person dies it would be quite a bit better. So all you testers...be darned careful.
You need a lot more miles than that to get a statistically significant conclusion, because that zero-death outcome could've been a fluke. This is a common statistical problem where you're trying to compare the likelihood of extremely rare events between two populations.

The Master Plan, Part Deux says "We expect that worldwide regulatory approval will require something on the order of 6 billion miles (10 billion km)". If you do that, the expected number of deaths over 6 billion miles at 1.2 deaths per mile on average is approximately 72 deaths for the human-driven group. This is a large enough number of expected events that moderate improvements can be detected with high confidence. Tesla and NHTSA need to avoid giving a green light to Level 4 autonomy based on luck having caused a false positive. For instance, if FSD is actually 20% worse than the average human driver, the binomial distribution still says there's a 5% chance that FSD will get a good run for 6 billion miles and have less deaths than 72. Unleash the robotaxis only to find out later as more data comes in that they were more dangerous after all, and now a bunch of extra property damage, injuries and death.

This is probably a big reason why the MPP2 says, "Once we get to the point where Autopilot is approximately 10 times safer than the US vehicle average, the beta label will be removed." If the difference in performance is truly that large, then over any reasonable range of statistical uncertainty in a 6 billion mile sample you'll still see a clear improvement of about 3x or more over human performance.

Report that HW4 chip will be made by Samsung, but in Korea rather than Texas... makes some sense given currently they have to ship from Texas to China to be assembled into the full driving computer assembly anyway.

As a construction worker, I can tell you that getting paid on a regular basis is somewhat more so.
Obviously, that’s on the list of importance but it’s definitely not #1.

1. Ability to check hunting trail cams
2. Ability to check on Bass Pro Shop order
3. Ability to order lunch delivery via WivesOnWheels
4. Check fire status on existing fires and all county related bans, rules and regulations which change literally hourly.
5 - 9 Various other super important pies and cakes
10. Get paid via Venmo

See. Starlink uber top priority.

According to the sources, Samsung and Tesla have been working together since 2021 on design and samples. Samsung announced that they would mass-produce the HW 4.0 at its Hwasung plant in Korea if their bid were successful.

The chip will use the 7-nanometer processing technology at the plant and will start coming off the line in Q4 2021.

And some confirmation for anyone doubting our whale is not who he says he is:

Plus, his expected return:

I want to believe......but it's rare to have someone openly building up such a huge position in a stock and being vocal about it without there being an underlining motive. I mean, we're talking about the 3rd largest individual position in Tesla.

I guess we'll see over the next month. If he's being genuine, he's sucking up a large amount of the available float which should have pretty noticeable impacts to stock movements going forward

I want to believe......but it's rare to have someone openly building up such a huge position in a stock and being vocal about it without there being an underlining motive. I mean, we're talking about the 3rd largest individual position in Tesla.

I guess we'll see over the next month. If he's being genuine, he's sucking up a large amount of the available float which should have pretty noticeable impacts to stock movements going forward
Who do you think is the second largest individual investor?