Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*cough* out-of-band access *cough*

If Facebook didn't have that setup, they are rank amateurs. I remember retrofitting an old eBay datacenter, and when we got to the end of the work, there was still a 56k modem setup on a completely separate access point, with a different entry point into the datacenter . . . just to make sure there was always an out-of-band access to fix a screw-up like the above.

MANY someones got fired over this mistake today. MANY.

Rough napkin math guesses that this was at least a $100 million mistake.

Reactions: bkp_duke

A further statement from the NHTSA explains they classified [these fires] as rare since there were no further fires in China or the US during the time in question.

Nope. No PR campaign to damage Tesla in China in Spring 2019. Nothing to see. Move along.
Those guys play nasty. No wonder Tesla CN is unleashing the lawyers.

In Denmark, Y and 3 took first and third place of all passenger car sales in September!
2nd is ICE Kia Ceed, 4th another BEV, the ID4. About 22% BEV market share :).

There was a bunch of countries in Europe that last year at this time of year was around 6-8%. They are now 20-25%.

Where do you all think they will be next year? Over or under 50%?

There was a bunch of countries in Europe that last year at this time of year was around 6-8%. They are now 20-25%.

I think you're counting plug-in hybrids there?

Through August 17% for all electrics, and a slight majority of those are PHEVs, not BEVs... (9% vs 8%)

Obviously there's some small countries much higher. Total for both types is ~1.35 million cars.

Sept #s should be a nice bump here from Tesla, but even if it was double the entire rest of the years deliveries for them just in Sept you'd be at 1.5 million total (with about half being BEVs.... so most optimistically at a blazing pace, 2 million total, with maybe 1 million BEVs end of the year.

That's 8-10% overall marketshare for BEVs in europe. Up, certainly, but quite a ways from 20-25 still.

Where do you all think they will be next year? Over or under 50%?

There aren't enough BEVs to get over 50% other than in a handful of relatively small countries.

Europe buys like 10-13 million cars a year. So even at bottom of the avg sales in recent years you need 5 million BEVs in a year to do that.

Even if we pretend Berlin is producing just as much as Shanghai by Jan 1 and both Berlin and Shanghai have doubled output by end of 2022, AND they keep shipping Shanghai cars to Europe as well, you're still gonna need many millions of non-tesla EVs to magically show up next year as well for that.

Tesla is scaling as fast as possible- sadly hardly anybody else is.

Last edited:
...What takes time is organizing the shenanigans.

The shenanigans last Friday and today were a plot to make me sell covered calls. Just look how they nailed max pain last Friday, and look at that $800 call wall for this Friday. Piling on it with half my shares should be easy money... as easy as kicking a sitting football.

CharlieBrownLucyFootball.jpg

Jay Leno drives a Tesla powered 911; and is clearly a Tesla fan; as many might have see when he drove the CT and the Plaid. He starts talking about Tesla around the 20 minute mark. Most interestingly he says: "Tesla is about 9 years ahead of everyone else".

Considering the car enthusiast demographic he reaches; it is very positive for Tesla and the planet, when people like Jay speak favourably about Tesla from their platform.

Last edited:
Speaking of news outlets protecting their advertisers, look at this nonsense from the FT. Displaying the three pinnacles of electric motoring - BMW, VW and Polestar. The first hardly makes EV's, the second makes EV's that don't work and the third makes good EVs in tiny quantities.
View attachment 717744

I’m not sure they are protecting their advertisers very well though. Seems more like an ad for Tesla.

Tesla Ordered to Pay Worker $137 Million for Racism at Plant

I wouldn’t defend any type of racism, but I’m not sure how you justify a fine of $157M for one employee.

I almost have to think this is a joke. I've never seen fine of even remotely in that ballpark against any company......not even wrongful death.

It'll obviously get appealed and/or that fine reduced to something logical, like 1 million. But media gonna have a field day with this

Edit: Actually.....starting to smell some BS here. If that's fake, wow that's desperate

Edit #2: Tesla reportedly paid $1 million to former employee who said supervisors called him a racist slur

So you're telling me Tesla had 2 different accusations from 2 different black employees????

If this data where plotted on a logarithmic scale, one could see the rate of change accelerating (or levelling out).
Here's yearly deliveries since 2012. Logarithmic scale makes it look so predictable. This is Elon's "50% annual growth" he's been talking about since 2014. No reason to think it's slowing down any time soon.

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 8.54.44 PM.png

I almost have to think this is a joke. I've never seen fine of even remotely in that ballpark against any company......not even wrongful death.

It'll obviously get appealed and/or that fine reduced to something logical, like 1 million. But media gonna have a field day with this

Edit: Actually.....starting to smell some BS here. If that's fake, wow that's desperate

Edit #2: Tesla reportedly paid $1 million to former employee who said supervisors called him a racist slur

So you're telling me Tesla had 2 different accusations from 2 different black employees????

A lot more than 2.

That link mentions another suit that is also mentioned in your link- and in evidence in that case over 100 other employees making similar claims and asking to be able to press those claims in court, were submitted as evidence.

In that other case, as mentioned in your link- they've got enough people they're seeking class action status... Tesla asked a judge to reject that request in April and the judge refused to do so.... so regardless of the actual HR situation, expect to hear more about this stuff going forward.

Tesla is scaling as fast as possible- sadly hardly anybody else is.

See:- The demise of the OEMs

His conclusion of 37 Million Chinese EVs produced annually by 2025 seems wrong to me, but 37 Million Chinese EVs annually by 2030 looks possible and at prices probably below parity with a similar ICE, Given that several Chinese EVs are already at price parity with a similar ICE vehicle

I think the Chinese level of ambition matches Tesla...

Tesla and China producing a combined total of around 50 million EVs by 2030 seems likely...

I have also noticed:-

Kettleman City 2, CA
Bernard Dr
Elevation341 ft
GPS35.9861622, -119.957565
Hours24/7
Stalls56
Power250 kW

This seems to be part of a trend towards larger charging stations, especially in mature EV markets..

Lots of complaints. They have some issues but obviously some people are exploiting. Sad all the way round. The crazy award will obviously be thrown out.

Lots of complaints. They have some issues but obviously some people are exploiting. Sad all the way round. The crazy award will obviously be thrown out.

The site that was the origination of the article has gone down. Every other new source is referencing an article that isn't even on the internet anymore. In the now deleted article, it stated there wasn't any online recording of the trail verdict, which is complete BS. The recording of the trial verdict would be there.