Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
When you're best known for how well you swung your hammer that one time everything starts to look like a nail.
It's possible. It's also possible that you're ignoring his greatest investment ever. Water. In 2010 he started buying water resources in the West. How well do you think that has worked for him? What sort of analysis let him to say water was grossly undervalued? What's the value of his investment now that the Colorado has basically been sucked dry and San Diego is going to have to ration water unless the drought breaks. I'm not sure of his financial play there but he thought long and hard on it. He was buying Facebook and Google several years ago, they've doubled or more since then.

To say the man is a one trick pony would simply show that one is a poor observer. He may be grossly wrong on Ark and Tesla and interest rates. He maybe completely correct. To my knowledge he's never actually been wrong, ie- never had a year with negative returns. Not is 20 years. Everyone fails at some point but that's a helluva record and better than Cathy Woods.

MB is odd, no doubt about it. He's also unemotional about the investment even if he is emotional about the product (he likes the Tesla mission and did not like the stock price). The one issue with MB is that he's usually far ahead. So, if I had 7-9 figures in Tesla and one of the most insightful guys out there was saying...whoa the horses. I'd at least look at his analysis very carefully. I'd maybe even start carrying a bit of a hedge. I'd maybe buy that mountain or whatever. I'd don't have a horse in the race as all of my resources are actually tied to growing my business. Forum members should understand that he got where he is today not by a single short but by making good investments in growing companies over several years.

"Most advanced paint shop" 😂 But I guess this one is custom

FBPss-hXIAMRdbE.jpg

I wandered into another section of TMC, and it made me appreciate y'all even more.

As I've been anxiously awaiting 10.2, I thought I'd visit the FSD/autonomy portion of the forum for more detail on the progress and intelligent discussion. What I found was just a cesspool of whiny, entitled morons pissed off over a few day delay, oblivious to the fact that Tesla employees are working their butts off throughout the weekend to deliver a safe, high quality product to them. Here's one example, with his name removed so that he never finds his way over here.
They didn't know this at the shareholder meeting? This is how to make fanboys into haters.

It made me realize that the investor forum is a unique part of TMC in that it attracts people that as opposed to just being owners of the product, are also owners in the company and most importantly believers in the mission as well. This drives much more intelligent discussion than what exists in other parts of this site.

TLDR- Thanks to all of you in this investor forum for not being idiots.

Last edited:
Remember that nut job Shlabooshka and the Shorty Air Force whackos? Can you imagine the havoc that SpaceX shorties would try to cause during launch ops with light aircraft, drones, RIBs, etc? No thanks.
.. and don’t forget these wackos will stake out parking lots and declare:

no rockets found = bankrupt
too many rockets = demand problem = bankrupt.

And scumbag Russ will interview them and write a hit piece

Last edited:
4680 at Giga Berlin - might be just to show future tech though..

EDIT: Guess I´m late to the party, looking at this Wiki - Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable wow...

EDIT2: More wow if true, "in-house-cells"
Whenever someone does something differently than you would have done it, it is good to ask, "Why?"
Here is an LTO high power, low impedance battery pack that fits 2 across in a 19 inch rack or 3 across in a power wall.
Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 7.30.50 AM.png

Tesla has matured laser welded connections, but they are not placing all the connections in a single operation and separating them later as one does with an Integrated Circuit lead frame [or by analogy using an adhesive insulating film to maintain orientation through the laser welding process].

A thermal and electrical connection has to occur on each battery terminal and at temperature and voltage measurement locations as well. Individually placed connections can be difficult to pick up and register for proper alignment.

Tesla does it differently.
Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 8.00.33 AM.png

There are layers and holes [used for tooling?] and a lot of material recycling that has to happen vs a thinner sheet with no holes to speak of.

Temperature information seems to be coming into the circuit board from the circle like parts, whereas terminal temperature with some map to meaning was the method with the LTO prismatic cells.

I think weight and cooling are what drove the multi [placed] part design. And some measure of cost.

Since others were side cooled and these may not be side cooled there is some question about tab-less construction as far as heat transfer to the bottom plate goes.

Lot of things I don't know.

Watching a stream from Giga Berlin. Seems that they got a pretty close look at the production in action, but without any parts being sent between the robots. But I assume there is a lot of information from high res pictures of the events from us to analyze, and also for competition to analyze…

Simulations. Part of the trialing process. The parts shown are likely handmade - put in one press, one hit, hand moved to the next operation, one hit etc…. Conversely, even if everything was trialed out and they could run on automation, they’d still need a crew of people to oversee, watch and listen. And you need people at the end of the line handling finished parts. You don’t let those press lines run unattended - 💩 can happen at any moment and somebody has to be there to hit the stop button to prevent millions worth of damage that can happen in a split second.

Remember that nut job Shlabooshka and the Shorty Air Force whackos? Can you imagine the havoc that SpaceX shorties would try to cause during launch ops with light aircraft, drones, RIBs, etc? No thanks.

Lol

I forgot about those bums.

I wonder how they feel knowing that all of the hard “work” they performed will ultimately only result in them being portrayed as villains in future books and movies.