Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wandered into another section of TMC, and it made me appreciate y'all even more.

As I've been anxiously awaiting 10.2, I thought I'd visit the FSD/autonomy portion of the forum for more detail on the progress and intelligent discussion. What I found was just a cesspool of whiny, entitled morons pissed off over a few day delay, oblivious to the fact that Tesla employees are working their butts off throughout the weekend to deliver a safe, high quality product to them. Here's one example, with his name removed so that he never finds his way over here.

It made me realize that the investor forum is a unique part of TMC in that it attracts people that as opposed to just being owners of the product, are also owners in the company and most importantly believers in the mission as well. This drives much more intelligent discussion than what exists in other parts of this site.

TLDR- Thanks to all of you in this investor forum for not being idiots.
Yes...but "idiots"....like beauty is in the eye/mind of the beholder.
Most of us are smart ...talented....good looking.

Then there are the stray cats that wander in now and again.
Mostly harmless....but some have delusions of grandeur.

o_O
FBQCT3nX0AA6kRN
What the double hockey sticks is that!!

Edit: it's a money printing machine.

Last edited:
At the risk of going OT (ok, it's definitely OT, but it's the weekend and we're on the cusp of blow-out earnings, so everyone should be in a great mood), my best advice is that you have but one go-round in this life and nothing is more valuable than your time and your happiness. I've been guilty of over-working at times, but always tried to make time to try and enjoy life, family and friends. I'm still working, but looking to retire pretty early, thanks in no small part to TSLA. My oldest has graduated college and is in the process of moving out on her own (just today she signed a lease for her apartment in NYC) and it really strikes a chord - where the heck have the past 22 years gone. We still have two more kids at home but they won't be home forever. It really makes one think. No matter how big your investment portfolio, you'll never have enough money to buy back lost time.
One MILLION times this! I was a very busy, stressed out surgeon. Then our seemingly happy, well adjusted, straight A, 16 year old son took his own life two years ago. Nobody saw it coming. This has devastated our entire family. My wife, who was the most incredible stay-at-home mom to our children, struggles every day to find happiness now, and is "sad every minute of every day." Thanks to TSLA, I was able to retire a year later and focus on my wife and other children, one of which barely made it and still struggles after losing his brother (all hands on deck to keep him alive). I don't know if things would have been different had I chosen a different career (it was probably bad wiring in his brain and nothing we did - pretty much the perfect family on paper), but the "what ifs" never go away. Spend time with the people you love, and try not to let the stress of life and money get in the way. Your life can change in an instant.

P.S. - To not clog this thread, use emojis or private message if you want to comment on this.

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpeg
    IMG_1017.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 120
Whenever someone does something differently than you would have done it, it is good to ask, "Why?"
Here is an LTO high power, low impedance battery pack that fits 2 across in a 19 inch rack or 3 across in a power wall.
View attachment 719495

Tesla has matured laser welded connections, but they are not placing all the connections in a single operation and separating them later as one does with an Integrated Circuit lead frame [or by analogy using an adhesive insulating film to maintain orientation through the laser welding process].

A thermal and electrical connection has to occur on each battery terminal and at temperature and voltage measurement locations as well. Individually placed connections can be difficult to pick up and register for proper alignment.

Tesla does it differently.
View attachment 719497
There are layers and holes [used for tooling?] and a lot of material recycling that has to happen vs a thinner sheet with no holes to speak of.

Temperature information seems to be coming into the circuit board from the circle like parts, whereas terminal temperature with some map to meaning was the method with the LTO prismatic cells.

I think weight and cooling are what drove the multi [placed] part design. And some measure of cost.

Since others were side cooled and these may not be side cooled there is some question about tab-less construction as far as heat transfer to the bottom plate goes.

Lot of things I don't know.
Holes are for the structural epoxy to flow through.
You can see an adhered plastic piece at each sets of cell contact. This provides positive separation and keeps all bus bars in alignment post stamping.

I wandered into another section of TMC, and it made me appreciate y'all even more.

As I've been anxiously awaiting 10.2, I thought I'd visit the FSD/autonomy portion of the forum for more detail on the progress and intelligent discussion. What I found was just a cesspool of whiny, entitled morons pissed off over a few day delay, oblivious to the fact that Tesla employees are working their butts off throughout the weekend to deliver a safe, high quality product to them. Here's one example, with his name removed so that he never finds his way over here.

It made me realize that the investor forum is a unique part of TMC in that it attracts people that as opposed to just being owners of the product, are also owners in the company and most importantly believers in the mission as well. This drives much more intelligent discussion than what exists in other parts of this site.

TLDR- Thanks to all of you in this investor forum for not being idiots.
THANK YOU! I'll be basking in the glow of this praise all day. (Assuming you meant me, that is) ;)