Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My answer is to not day trade
Certainly makes for a more peaceful existence, but our stages in life and needs aren't always the same. I've made roughly $1M from options premiums so far this year, which covers the price of my house renovations without having to eat into my exiting capital. Is it stressful, yes, a times a lot, but it's also as life-changing as the original $TSLA investment - see "other" thread if interested...

Last edited:
If I had been selling cars with LG batteries for the past few years I'd be very nervous. It suggests that this was mostly LG Chem's issue.

Considering the slope the NASDAQ has been on we have done nicely.

If it turns positive, we might make 815.
from a visual look at the max-pain chart i would have said that MM will target 790-795 for friday. This can change after today, as we have a lot of action at the 800 calls & puts. Will be interesting to see what sticks.

But we have decent-size call-walls at 800, 810, 820 and friday is monthly expiration with more volume.

I i was forced to guess i would say 797.5 for friday & blowout on monday. But depends on the macros if MM will get away with that.

So yeah Ford......so much for that huge demand you're seeing :rolleyes:

The longer the "chip shortage" excuses go on, the more it's apparent it's a demand problem for legacy auto.
They are most likely pushing this so the upcharge from dealers wouldn't be so evident in the monthly payment. I checked locally and high demand cars like the Bronco has a 15k upcharge over msrp. The Mach E however doesn't have a very high upcharge. People who were looking for a 29k car now can pay the same monthly charge for a 38k car if they just keep extending that loan pay off time.

They are most likely pushing this so the upcharge from dealers wouldn't be so evident in the monthly payment. I checked locally and high demand cars like the Bronco has a 15k upcharge over msrp. The Mach E however doesn't have a very high upcharge. People who were looking for a 29k car now can pay the same monthly charge for a 38k car if they just keep extending that loan pay off time.

The issue with legacy auto is there insane number of different models.

Sure the Bronco could be in high demand. But the majority of their lineup is likely seeing weak demand. They're simply not going to be dropping credit score requirements unless they're seeing soft demand/lack of customers across most of their lineup. Anytime you see them doing this, it's 99% demand issues. One or two models that are popular can't save them.