Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not quite correct

I had an exclusive factory tour with the Director of Policy and Business Development Europe through Giga Berlin and he as well as other Tesla Managers at the line confirmed to me that not a single part has been produced so far and all are imported from China. The only exception are the casting parts.

Because the approval from the Brandenburg authorities seemed to be available since Friday the earliest they could start producing parts is Sunday but because of the Giga Fest all that was positioned and placed for visitors it is likely earliest yesterday Monday, Oct 11th
Does this Model Y not have a different body to accommodate the structural battery pack along with both front and rear castings ? Is it simply a 'floor delete' that creates the notafloor™️ we see in this image from Giga Berlin ? Was all this sheet metal stamped in China ?
My first thought upon seeing this image (and those of the structural battery packs with pre-installed interior) from the fair was that a lot of Auto industry professionals would be having emergency meetings this week!

I also look forward to some friendly international competition as the new Gigas each race to scale while creating the best quality cars.
Y BIY with 2 casts no floor.jpeg

Q3 Earnings - Street Consensus

Street Consensus is starting to move up for Q3 earnings EPS.
Last Week:
$1.43 - Yahoo
$1.45 - Bloomberg

Now:
$1.49 - Yahoo
$1.56 - Bloomberg

I hope the Analysts don't continue to increase the estimates to engineer a "miss"; but I suspect the consensus will continue to increase.

We will probably see over 1.60 maybe up to 1.64 by earnings, which Tesla should hopefully still beat by a good margin.

Q3 Earnings - Street Consensus

Street Consensus is starting to move up for Q3 earnings EPS.
Last Week:
$1.43 - Yahoo
$1.45 - Bloomberg

Now:
$1.49 - Yahoo
$1.56 - Bloomberg

I hope the Analysts don't continue to increase the estimates to engineer a "miss"; but I suspect the consensus will continue to increase.
More and more basing hits and misses based on analysts last minute adjustments is just dumb. Make your predictions and stick with them and then make a judgement on hit or miss based on those predictions.

It is not very difficult for a 4 door 5 passenger vehicle to outsell a 2 door 2+2 sports car.

Right now Porsche ICE demand is split between 5 cars.

Porsche BEV demand is funneled to 1 car.

The " I don't want a Tesla" crowd has so far had the Taycan and is sibling Audi RS Etron GT for a premium 4 door electric sedan to chose from.

There was a time when I-Pace was selling like gangbusters with no competition for "I don't want a Tesla" customers.

Taycan will soon have Mercedes EQS and Lucid Air competing for the " I don't want a Tesla" customers who want a premium electric sedan.

You speak of the "I don't want a Tesla" people as if they are a large part of the market. And you are making the mistake of dividing the market into EV's and ICE when, in fact, most buyers who are not already fully committed to EVs or strongly biased against all EV's, are willing to cross shop EVs and ICE to see which serves their needs and offers the most value. Even high-end car buyers like to get value for their dollars. The part of the market that likes EV's but doesn't want a Tesla is very small and getting smaller each month. While Tesla haters and TSLAQ types will always exist in small numbers, those numbers are shrinking every month as TSLAQ loses influence and regular folks start to catch on and understand how they have been lied to.

iPace sold like gang-busters (hardly) when people still thought Tesla would fail and the legacy OEM's were the only ones that knew how to build cars. People are starting to get it now. The lies about Tesla are simply not credible anymore to a significant portion of new car buyers.

Porsche, Mercedes and Lucid can have all of the "I don't want a Tesla" market and still go bankrupt. This part of the market is insignificant because ICE are still 96% of the market. The "I don't want a Tesla" people are only visible to those who are too close to their subject matter and, in terms of the size of the overall auto market, are truly insignificant. Perspective matters.