Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Always be suspicious of any rise in Tesla stock. A large dip is just around the corner.

Most of us here at TMC are HODL'ers, and I think most of us know how rocky HODL'ing can be.

Qr9ls66.jpg

Was anyone truly saying the stock would never go down at all, ever again? 🤔

My dad who is a good historic buff explained the Chinese poem Musk posted.

The meaning is that the bean is being boiled while the skin of the bean is used as fuel for the fire. As the bean boils, it is crying because of this. The bean and skin are suppose to be together, so why is there such a hurry to boil the bean?

My dad thinks this is a message for the US government. How they are hanging Tesla out to dry even though they are on the same side. So why have such a hurry to destroy Tesla? Probably a response to the bill specifically have provision preventing Tesla from getting tax credit even if they unionize.
As fuel for the fire the skin has to be burned FIRST before it can boil the beans. Does this mean the US government will be hurt first in its attempt to hurt Tesla?

Reactions: Paul_SF
Most of us here at TMC are HODL'ers, and I think most of us know how rocky HODL'ing can be.

Qr9ls66.jpg

Was anyone truly saying the stock would never go down at all, ever again? 🤔
There were some ridiculous predictions like $5,000 per share this rally.
There was another guy who said that the market is suddenly realizing Tesla's true value, so large dips are out of the question now when Tesla does $15+ EPS in 2022.
I said that this rise is due to retail FOMO, not due to change in market opinions. I said I would attempt to day-trade when it hit $1700-2200 and buy back at $1000. I got the $1700-2200 part wrong. Elon's tweet popped the bubble at $1200. There is a lot of resistance at $1200, so it's unlikely we breach that price for a long time.

There were some ridiculous predictions like $5,000 per share this rally.
There was another guy who said that the market is suddenly realizing Tesla's true value, so large dips are out of the question now when Tesla does $15+ EPS in 2022.
I said that this rise is due to retail FOMO, not due to change in market opinions. I said I would attempt to day-trade when it hit $1700-2200 and buy back at $1000. I got the $1700-2200 part wrong. Elon's tweet popped the bubble at $1200. There is a lot of resistance at $1200, so it's unlikely we breach that price for a long time.
And then? Why are you acting like you are in an argument with them?

Reactions: traxila
Most people think Tesla can't expand earnings to the point where it can justify its current valuation. That's why they are bearish on the stock.
The recent rise in TSLA is due to retail FOMO, not due to the market changing its opinion on Tesla's fundamentals.
Oh okay. So stock goes down because no one thinks valuation is justified, stock goes up because fomo dumb investors.

Think we call people like you permabears

You're a bit late to the party if you're telling Tesla investors to 'Buy The Dip' , we've been doing this for years. 😆
Buying the dip is half of it. I successfully sold the top pretty consistently.
I made good buys and sells in Q4 2019, March 2020, SP500 Inclusion, Buying at $580 after the drop from $900.

Thankfully I didn't HODL and made far more money trading.

Oh okay. So stock goes down because no one thinks valuation is justified, stock goes up because fomo dumb investors.

Think we call people like you permabears
I'm not a permabear. Long-term, I think TSLA is a good buy. I just don't buy the argument that the market's opinion about them changed. TSLA will always go up and down due to retail FOMO.

I was in an argument with them. Quite a few of them laughed at me and said that we're in new territory. I was right to be skeptical. It's the same thing that happened for the past few years. We will see a crash back down to 1000 and maybe even lower.
The truth is no one knows what $TSLA will do in the short term...but we all know what is going to happen in the long term. Seems to be like you are not long term thinking, which is ok....good luck with your day trades.

I'm not a permabear. Long-term, I think TSLA is a good buy. I just don't buy the argument that the market's opinion about them changed. TSLA will always go up and down due to retail FOMO.
I don't know, the fact that Herz was only able to even consider getting 100,000 cars delivered from Tesla and nobody else, and already spent all the money on the advertisement and on the explanatory material you can see on their website on how charging works etc, was validating what we know to a much wider audience. Before they would dismiss it with 'fanboy talk' but to see Hertz put their money where their mouth is about this was certainly a shift in sentiment.

Reactions: Lessmog