Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it's that time I guess

Attachments

• DSuHFV-WAAAQtI1.jpg
    DSuHFV-WAAAQtI1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 64
I’m not a fan of the Rivian IPO at offering levels, but I can see investors (traders) buying the argument that Rivian will double to $150B, even if it’s only hype, before Tesla doubles to $2T. In fact I bet they parrot this exact line on CNBS.
Rivian will undoubtedly shoot up as it supports the Tesla competition narrative, and the media will flood the news channels. Plus, it's pretty with pretty colors and such, and the $$$ backing seems in place. (Much better than Nikola anyway.)

I'm not interested as investor or user, we could likely get 2 CyberTrucks for the same price. They'll sell some at first then spend the next 5 yrs trying to figure out how to cut costs while ramping (vs catch up with the technology). I think it still uses lidar, right?

Another huge Pre-market today: (1.8M chairs rearranged)

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

Data last updated Nov 10, 2021 09:30 AM ET.
This page will resume updating on Nov 11, 2021 04:00 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$1,009.18 -14.32 (-1.40%)
Pre-Market Volume1,795,873
Pre-Market High$1,047.51 (04:01:18 AM)
Pre-Market Low$1,000.5 (08:00:04 AM)

TSLA.2021-11-10.09-30.png

GLTA, and

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
Rivian will undoubtedly shoot up as it supports the Tesla competition narrative, and the media will flood the news channels. Plus, it's pretty with pretty colors and such, and the $$$ backing seems in place. (Much better than Nikola anyway.)

I'm not interested as investor or user, we could likely get 2 CyberTrucks for the same price. They'll sell some at first then spend the next 5 yrs trying to figure out how to cut costs while ramping (vs catch up with the technology). I think it still uses lidar, right?
Yeah, I think if Tesla delivers on autonomy it's curtains for the likes of Rivian. FSD is just too compelling if/when it works and there's not a convincing path for Rivian/Lucid/etc to achieve similar functionality. At least not in-house.

Reactions: PeterJA
WHY? Why are people so obsessed about filling gaps. Is it some OCD thing?!
If a stock gaps-up it's usually for a good reason. Not logical that it would have to return there just because.
As an old retired guy, I keep a revolving 4 years expenses (+vacation money) in cash and equivalents.
Helps me sleep at night and market watching less stressful.

Incoming TSLA headline……….Elon says “kiss my a**, I am letting my options expire worthless. You will have to cover your naked shorts with someone else’s shares”. TSLA share price skyrockets with forced MM panic- buying……..

(Yes, wishful thinking on my part. The ultimate revenge for not getting invited to the White House EV summit)

Last edited: