Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YESSSSSSSSSSSS. WHAT'S UP EVERYONE?

5tnt83.jpg

I’m not a fan of the Rivian IPO at offering levels, but I can see investors (traders) buying the argument that Rivian will double to $150B, even if it’s only hype, before Tesla doubles to $2T. In fact I bet they parrot this exact line on CNBS.
FYI, Buffett says he never buys IPOs
as they typical sell at the maximum hype

volume manufacturing is really hard 🤣🤣🤣 these guys are hilarious ....... wait a few quarters before jumping into Rivian... the valley of death is still ahead for them ... TSLA took 5 years to cross the valley(after Roadster, MS, MX success) ... there will be plenty of opportunities to pick up cheap chairs... not advice:p.

Edit :I am literally sitting in my office laughing out loud... good thing no one is around

valley.gif

Last edited:
Anyone know what day Musk's trade settlement date is?

Are we assuming that Musk sold yesterday? It would be nice to think he sold his 10% but I'd argue that he might not have even started. I would hope ..... if he actually goes through with it that there would be some kind of plan to do it in stages so it would lessen the effect on SP for the rest of us BUT it's Elon we are dealing with so who knows.

Legally, he would be bound to file paperwork with the SEC and I'm not exactly sure there would have been time to do all of this after his poll the other day ...

Long term investor here but I'd be careful about calling a bottom at this point. Of course, it's all short term noise as the long term perspective is amazing but ... losing 7 figures in one day sucks.

Are we assuming that Musk sold yesterday? It would be nice to think he sold his 10% but I'd argue that he might not have even started. I would hope ..... if he actually goes through with it that there would be some kind of plan to do it in stages so it would lessen the effect on SP for the rest of us BUT it's Elon we are dealing with so who knows.

Legally, he would be bound to file paperwork with the SEC and I'm not exactly sure there would have been time to do all of this after his poll the other day ...

Long term investor here but I'd be careful about calling a bottom at this point. Of course, it's all short term noise as the long term perspective is amazing but ... losing 7 figures in one day sucks.
Apparently if he DID sell yesterday he has two days to file the paperwork (I think it's a 4S?)...So we'd know by thursday.

Reactions: SOULPEDL

I mean, since you're asking, yes - I thought he sold and that was the reason for the drop in share price. Do you have other theories that might be more substantial than a theory that actually has evidence (Musk's tweet exchange)?

Reactions: MikeC
I mean, since you're asking, yes - I thought he sold and that was the reason for the drop in share price. Do you have other theories that might be more substantial than a theory that actually has evidence (Musk's tweet exchange)?

SMR doesn't provide a whole lot of new info but just makes some common sense arguments on why Elon most likely sold yesterday.

Rob Maurer of Telsa Daily Podcast also feels the same way.