Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In other news, this guys is really starting to show his shady colors. He's just as bad as the rest of wall street.

"He said he doesn't have a position in Rivian. But SoFi, a trading platform that merged with a Palihapitiya SPAC earlier this year, had the rights to sell retail investors a small amount of Rivian stock during the company's IPO."

How about you don't compare Rivian to Tesla. Tesla never had a market cap anywhere close to Rivian's when it IPO'd and had no revenue.

In other news, this guys is really starting to show his shady colors. He's just as bad as the rest of wall street.

"He said he doesn't have a position in Rivian. But SoFi, a trading platform that merged with a Palihapitiya SPAC earlier this year, had the rights to sell retail investors a small amount of Rivian stock during the company's IPO."

How about you don't compare Rivian to Tesla. Tesla never had a market cap anywhere close to Rivian's when it IPO'd and had no revenue.
Pump and dump with fancy words.never trusted the guy

Looks about right to me...
2021-11-15.png

Personally, I'm whatever. When I saw TSLA drop below 980- "that's Tesla baby".

Swap Elon out with Tim Cook. If Cookie goes to war in the twitterverse and drops Apple 20% - could we also say AAPL shareholders are ungrateful and no one was hurt?

giphy.gif
I have zero experience being an APPL shareholder. As a bystander, I have seen that stock rise significantly over the last 10 years as well, so if I’d held the stock for the same amount of time as I have TSLA, I imagine I’d feel the same way; grateful, regardless of Tim Cook’s tweets on a day to day basis.

If we want to pick a situation where it makes sense to be annoyed with the face of a stock, we could pick Trevor Milton and NKLA. Now there’s a lying, cheating scumbag who willingly and knowingly screwed investors. But hey, all a person had to do was a little research beforehand to discover he was untrustworthy and therefore the intelligent decision was to steer clear of the stock.

Maybe read the post I wrote right after that?

Not every investor is in the same position and has the financial ability to just wait out volatility that the CEO himself created :rolleyes:

Just because you're in a great position financially doesn't mean others are and I quite frankly get annoyed at that attitude.
My portfolio is far from reaching the two comma level I'd prefer in order to relax. I have no income other than Social Security and Margin loans, however, I agree completely with @Krugerrand that there is no loss unless and until a stock holder sells their shares while the price is down.

This past week or two has in no measurable way "harmed" me. My investment hasn't changed, I have multiples of what I put in held as current stock value. The chart shows a clear, upward channel, and looks great to me. (when in doubt, zoom out)

TSLA has its ups and downs. That is the nature of this beast. It is volatile. Still, it is the best place I've found to place my bet.

This too shall pass. Maybe by the end of 2022 the SP will have met my target goal to support the retirement I began earlier this year. My plan was to borrow through 2023 to live, then enjoy selling shares. So far, it seems like I'm two years ahead of my plan.

Elon had to do something because of the circumstances before him. Sure, he had other choices, but selected the method that worked for him.

Similarly, I selected the choices that work for me.

If a shareholder sells for a loss, that is their choice to do so, and Elon's choice didn't harm them, their own choice did. This is fairly basic logic.

As opposed to someone trying to perform a logic problem by using emotion instead, which might lead to less accurate results.

Last edited:
It started about the time I received a Yahoo news item ‘Tesla drops below $1T market cap’. We then went over $1T market cap…..
I promised myself to have a drink every time Tesla pass every trillion dollar marketcap. This is not what I had in mind. Would rather not be an alcoholic by thanksgiving. Got family to see...

The evolution of Tesla’s technologies will disrupt world economies; it will disrupt employment as we know it. I’m unsure how Tesla or TSLA can be discussed without a full and open discussion regarding politics. That said, my hypocrisy strains to the point of snapping when considering herding cats. When herding political cats, it just snaps. I would never choose to moderate such a forum.

To the Mods:

“I certainly understand your resistance to political discussion, however, as Tesla’s success builds, these matters will only become more and more intense.”

Maybe we should have a sub forum for the discussion of TSLA politics, economic matters, and universal basic income.

Just my 2¢

Speculation wise, Gary did tweet at Elon about selling his shares on the secondary market because right now shorts are winning by front running. Elon does hate them shorts so maybe a plan is in the works...Not saying Elon doesn't understand this or it's some kind of novel idea. However I wouldn't pass him setting up a bear trap the last week and planned to do this all along.

The evolution of Tesla’s technologies will disrupt world economies; it will disrupt employment as we know it. I’m unsure how Tesla or TSLA can be discussed without a full and open discussion regarding politics. That said, my hypocrisy strains to the point of snapping when considering herding cats. When herding political cats, it just snaps. I would never choose to moderate such a forum.

To the Mods:

“I certainly understand your resistance to political discussion, however, as Tesla’s success builds, these matters will only become more and more intense.”

Maybe we should have a sub forum for the discussion of TSLA politics, economic matters, and universal basic income.

Just my 2¢

We had one of those: ‘market politics’. It was a cesspool and had to be discontinued.