Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just goes to show the hypocrisy of @AudubonB. I posted this exact video (with no mention of politics) and he deleted it for being “political”. Some posters are more equal than others I guess.

And how insulting is it to our intelligence when we have to tip toe around here by saying things like “a speaker” when it’s clearly the president of the US.
Take it up with the site owner or take it private with the moderator.

Be thankful you aren’t Elon Musk and tens of thousands of employees who have busted their gorgonzola cheeses only to have the most powerful leader in the world publicly hand all of your accomplishments over the last decade to someone else.

Life isn’t fair and then you die. Perspective a little.

Off topic but anyone else having trouble selling covered calls from their account? Mine won’t let me as of yesterday even though I had sold 10 as part of a spread on Monday and then bought the sold ones back on Tuesday to be 10 long. I can call it in to a broker but can not do it myself. I called in three times yesterday to see if it was fixed and they said they had people working on it. Does not look like it is fixed this morning. Conspiracy in me says the only reason you can’t sell CCs is if you don’t have shares, I have the shares but what if my brokerage has sold too many short and they can’t or are getting close to can’t and this is some sort of throttle? Merrill Lynch.
Ok, another data point. I can sell calls on any other security I own in that account, just not TSLA. I just bought more calls. Not advice but I think shorts going to get super wrkd. If I have a chance later today I’ll call the brokerage and ask why. ha ha.

They are quite an experience. I’ve stopped at the ones between Houston and Austin (Waller or Giddings) pre-Tesla. They are huge, the size of a department store. Lots of food choices, both crap and fresh-made. You can wander around and stretch your legs. Spotless restrooms that are, I kid you not, the square footage of a comfortable family home. The perfect venue for a 20-minute supercharge.
I've always thought they should have some sort of bus or train inside to take patrons around to the different departments. :rolleyes:

Back when I was working IT, I'd buy replacement batteries there for our various UPS compliments. They are the same as used in some Game Feeders and were in the "Hunting" department of Buc-ees at a lower price than I could buy them online.

I've always thought they would make great locations for Superchargers. Now I just need the SP to go up enough that I'm comfortable ordering one of them Tezlers for my own self.

Last edited:
I don't want to get banned, so nothing political here, but from last admin to this one, I really thought things would be different. I thought Tesla would get the spotlight, being shown to others how to do it, because ya know, climate change. But I was a fool....for those of us who have been cheering for the company since 2012, it's incredibly heart breaking to see this happening....sigh...

I've fallen to the dark side of Elon conspiracy tweets. There really seems to be far too many hints at something happening on 12/9. I'm going to have to grab some yolo calls.

Be careful. The thing about these numerology coincidences is that this kind of person tries every number combination of a large set of numbers. processed in different ways until they find a coincidence. Then, they only present the one they found, not the hundreds of failed attempts to find meaning. And they often have to bend the narrative to fit their desire. One example would be counting the eight and zero as an eighty. Another example is using the number of default digits on an iPhone and then continuing on to show the significance of the digits not displayed. Basically, it's cherry-picking from a very large pool to find a coincidence. Which is why I said I would be amazed if 12/9 turns into a date of split significance.

Your calls may or may not pay out but, if they do, it's probably not because Elon was dropping breadcrumbs.

6B0FD160-8515-4AAD-B4D2-A1A5914B752C.jpeg

I'm still pretty new around here but have some life and investing exp. (still leveling up in game)

Couple of things that would absolutely NOT make sense -

Giga Berlin opening this year.... (they might make stuff but it will not be shipping to customers till 2022)
Giga Texas - same as above, it doesn't make sense for accounting.

Stock split (share dividend) announcement on 12/09 - if there is anything even remotely close to having a chance - would be a small handful of Semi delivered to customers for real world testing outside the factory (i.e. Pepsi)

Please adjust your investment and excitement thesis around these couple of thoughts - and hey, if you made some money from TSLA this year - help out a charity in your local community, donate time/money or both.
That alone will create some very refreshing memories and solidify the situation you are already in.

Thanks... oh and Cheers to the longs!

I’ve been reading up a lot on GM’s Ultium battery and it is really impressive in how unimpressive it is. NCMA pouches with worse energy density than 2016 Tesla packs and bragging about future cost levels Tesla already achieved.

GM is going to be absolutely hating life when it’s aggressively mediocre Ultium batteries have to compete against high nickel structural 4680s on the performance side and structural 4680 LFPs on the economy side. Sunk costs all the way down…

But hey, they “Electrified the world!”… 🤣

Do you know if the replacement batteries for all the recalled Bolts are Ultium? Or has GM still not delivered a single Ultium battery?

You have to give GM credit though - it's a good marketing name and I'm surprised it was available (unless they had to pay big bucks to own the rights to it).

Reactions: SOULPEDL
I’m talking about just the battery… The EV hummer battery alone weighs 3600 pounds.

Is there a source for this?

When I do the math I don't get anywhere near that- the cells are ~3lbs each, there's 576 of em, so 1728 pounds... I find it hard to believe the physical empty pack itself with whatever HW is part of it DOUBLES the the weight from just the cells.

Ok, another data point. I can sell calls on any other security I own in that account, just not TSLA. I just bought more calls. Not advice but I think shorts going to get super wrkd. If I have a chance later today I’ll call the brokerage and ask why. ha ha.

M-L might not actually *possess* the shares you own... if they are naked short. They likely have a 'too small' pool of shares to cover their commitments to TSLA Beneficial Owners, and turned off the website feature to limit the volume and hence their exposure to TSLA.

Agreed! I bought tons of calls last week during the 'feel the BERN' episode. They are already printing. Just hope we don't have any more distractions or drama with US politics - it's a lost cause. Hell, forget about TSLA. When regular citizens are going to into space and the US President doesn't congratulate publicly is an outcry. Trump did call Elon a genius, at least :).

Ok, another point. I put in a sell order for all my shares at $10,000 for the day. It showed pending review, now it shows cancelled. WTF? Who would give a shoot if that sell order was sitting out there.

Ok, another point. I put in a sell order for all my shares at $10,000 for the day. It showed pending review, now it shows cancelled. WTF? Who would give a shoot if that sell order was sitting out there.

It's normal for some brokerages to put limits on how far out of the money a standing sell limit order can be. Schwab let's me put sell orders at many multiples of the current price but not all brokers do.

Reactions: Tim S
Just his ability to find humor in the ginormous lie told by a certain person yesterday in Michigan is a testimony of character.

I on the other hand am super angry on behalf of Elon and all the employees right now. There’s making stuff up, there’s bald face lying, and then there’s rewriting history so you can sell the merits of a bailout to your taxpayers.

That "certain person" can try to rewrite history for his donors by lying, but the market will tell the true story in the long term. Words matter much less than actions do, and over the next few years Tesla will perform MUCH better than GM in the EV space. This is a certainty given their current products and roadmaps.