Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is being read by hundreds of people. Some of whom have been allowed to use FSD beta, most of whom have not. Many in the last group believe they should have already been on FSD beta, or are even entitled to it. I get the frustration, I really do, but we cannot have everyone complaining in the investment thread about their ‘unfair’ treatment. Every week someone kickstarts this discussion again, usually an infrequent poster. And every week it gets shut down. Which is what I’m doing again right now.

The opposition said: ..”the investment required to build the gigafactories we need”

Another example of a word coined by Musk now in everyday use. I recall reading another BBC article years ago about Tesla and part of it mentioned how everything was big with Musk with him wanting to build huge factories to produce batteries and explaining the term gigafactory.

So whilst for me overall progress in the electrification of transport seems slow, this little example shows how the situation has changed in a few years.

Pre market looking strong. Plus $26

Attachments

• 2B1D48E5-771F-4703-8B85-8F250ECDDA8C.jpeg
    2B1D48E5-771F-4703-8B85-8F250ECDDA8C.jpeg
    812.4 KB · Views: 64
Shwing! (Wayne Campbell voice-over) :D

Nasdaq 100 Dec 21 (NQ=F)​

CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
16,636.50 +61.50 (+0.37%)
As of 5:31AM EST. Market open.

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Nov 22, 2021 05:37 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$1,170.29 +33.23 (+2.92%)
Pre-Market Volume186,800
Pre-Market High$1,173 (04:34:03 AM)
Pre-Market Low$1,147.03 (04:00:01 AM)

Actually, the Lucid salesman didn't have a good opinion on selling 1,100 HP to just anyone. The laws don't seem to be changing as fast as the technology (no surprise). There probably should be a certification process in there somewhere - if anything, just to prevent them from being used as weapons.
Wasn’t it Bugatti who required a mandatory training to unlock the 300 mph max speed of the Chiron?

I think Musk said that you will need a doctors certificate to have the cold thruster max acceleration of 8g 0-60mph in less than 1 second activated.

I think we are entering the era of the extremes. Like the Hayabusa crazy acceleration where people dropped their bikes at the acceleration when going full throttle.

For your morning laugh.

"The Tesla Model Y Keeps Getting More Undesirable" The Tesla Model Y Keeps Getting More Undesirable

Edit to say this is a motobiscuit article full of nonsense.

This is why I ordered a LR MY a few weeks ago. I wanted to own a car which no one else wants just to be different. Unfortunately for some reason I have to wait half a year to get my LR MY, can't imagine what the reason for that might be..... 🤔

This is why I ordered a LR MY a few weeks ago. I wanted to own a car which no one else wants just to be different. Unfortunately for some reason I have to wait half a year to get my LR MY, can't imagine what the reason for that might be..... 🤔
Yogi Berra once said, "Nobody eats at that restaurant anymore because it's too crowded."

Anyone up for a trip to Italy in December? IDRA is having an open house where you can see a gigapress that is going to be delivered to China. Also it looks like they are up to 19 Gigapress orders now, up from 15 a month or two ago. Idra Open House Event 1st-3rd December 2021

I'm guessing this is the Cybertruck Giga Press being delivered to Austin based on the 15 axle trailer delivering it.
at 8:49
View attachment 735900
Edit: For comparison, here's the IDRA presses arriving in January.
at 9:57
View attachment 735906
I don't think those are Gigapress parts. Although the blue-topped crates look like the IDRA ones.
The casting presses are big, but not especially heavy. (Relative to other machinery) It's 'just' some big cylinders in a frame pressing on a mold in the middle.
Additionally the casting area is in the north east, while those pictures are from the south east corner. This is the stamping area.
So it's most likely another stamping line getting installed. Those are the multi-storey high and heavy bruteforce machines with massive foundations.