Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Driver ‍♂️ on Twitter

Model 3 Mania in Norway!
1f1f3-1f1f4.png
2764.png
1f4af.png
Central Oslo now: Huge amount of cars coming off the ship and being driven straight to delivery centers

Can some one please answer this . I have never taken a delivery from tesla but have seen some online, i am wondering why the majority of the explaining of how the car and touch screen works isn't explained in a video tutorial from the touch screen itself. eg if it was showing you how to turn on the fan you would here a voice directing you and where to press highlighted on the screen. Im asking this in reference to the delivery hell they keep ending up in it seems this would allow them to deliver cars much more efficiently

Tutorials are a big time-sink. I'm not saying they're not worthwhile, but the dev cost is really high - especially when the interface itself is undergoing iteration.

(Background: lead UI engineer on the #1 video game franchise worldwide)

Cowen analyst in Bloomberg:
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Demand for Tesla Inc’s Model 3 sedan is expected to remain soft in the U.S. until the release of the lower-priced $35,000 model next quarter, Cowen analyst Jeffrey Osborne said.

State government and third-party data suggest demand in the first quarter will be weaker than Cowen’s prior expectations, even with what Osborne calls the “typical end of quarter frantic push.” He cut delivery estimates for the Model 3 to 47,500 from 55,000 and for the Model S/X to 18,000 from 21,500. The analyst said the biggest risk to the revised estimates may be China, where delivery expectations and customs clearance are less transparent.
“We have also updated our model to reflect the company’s price changes throughout the lineup and the likely negative impact to margins,” Osborne said in a note to clients Friday. He has an underperform rating on the stock and cut his price target to $180 from $200, implying around 34 percent downside risk from the current share price.
Tesla typically reports quarterly delivery and production data within a few days of the end of the period. Osborne said that a high vehicle-in-transit number will likely be an indication of delivery logistic challenges in Europe and China, similar to what was seen in the U.S. market last year. He also estimated that production can exceed deliveries by 10,000 to 15,000 vehicles, which “will be a drain on cash in first quarter.”

The carmaker’s shares fell 0.7 percent to $272.14 at 9:30 a.m. in New York trading. The stock has fallen 18 percent so far this year.

Seems like a nice morning buying opportunity:)

Reactions: skybluecgreen
Tesla price target lowered to $180 from $200 at Cowen TSLA - The Fly

Tesla price target lowered to $180 from $200 at Cowen

Cowen analyst Jeffrey Osborne lowered his Q1 deliveries estimates for Tesla to reflect both state government and third party data that he said suggests deliveries will be weaker than his prior expectations. He cut his Model 3 delivery forecast to 47,500 from 55,000 and lowered his Model S/X delivery forecast to 18,000 from 21,500. Osborne, who expects U.S. demand to be soft until the release of the $35,000 version of the Model 3 in Q2, cut his price target on Tesla shares to $180 from $200 and keeps an Underperform rating on the stock.

What, Tesla are releasing another $35k M3 in Q2, cool!!

Musk visits an elementary school in Flint:

Elon Musk visits Doyle Ryder Elementary in Flint

In addition to announcing existing and new donations to the school system (including giving every kid a computer), so far I've seen him give kids a ride in a Tesla, made a Model X dance for them, and announced that he's going to be giving kids a free trip to SpaceX - two 6th graders and two 7th graders from every school in the district.

Love how the guy from the school who's acting as the announcer is wearing an Occupy Mars shirt :) And all the kids got SpaceX T-shirts :)

Last edited:
Tutorials are a big time-sink. I'm not saying they're not worthwhile, but the dev cost is really high - especially when the interface itself is undergoing iteration.

(Background: lead UI engineer on the #1 video game franchise worldwide)

It may be just me.

But there's something sublime about exploring the unknown and getting pleasantly surprised. For things I bought that I really wanted, I never read the manual until time for maintenance later. It's not an experience that I want to let others dictate to me.

It's like the first day with your puppy in your back yard and trying to awkwardly play fetch.

Simple question from an ignorant:
we are flooded with a stream of good news from Tesla. Demand in Europe is great (Norway is flabbergasting), new markets are opening, Model Y, Semi and Roadster in stealth mode, China GF3 looking good, Supercharger 3, possibly S/X refresh, bond dept paid in cash, Maxwell aquisition, ships travelling all over the world for EOQ rush, even Solar Roof and Powerwalls seem to be in the right track...

AND YET

SP is low, SEC affaire creates uncertainty, FUD is at peak high. I have no doubt that there is a well-funded coordination behind this, but the question is really:
what are they trying to accomplish? is there some goal aside FUD per se and a low SP? Are they trying to push a long squeeze? Can they achieve it?

It doesn't seem that Tesla is in need of capital, so the Chanos Fairfax playbook can't be replicated. Unless I'm missing something.

Galielo’s Hyperchange whinge this week has been picked up by the evermore boneheaded Alphaville section of the FT: “Tesla’s number one retail investor begins to doubt himself”. (Not sure where to begin with that headline!)

I didn't renew my FT subscription [Alphaville is free, though]. This is bordering on insanity. It's not like there's anything else going on in the world, yet every second day they feature some fanciful, dramatic, and extra-whiney post about Tesla or Elon Musk, more rarely SpaceX. They are not stupid, so... bored, nuts, and just gratuitously evil? I don't understand.

A couple of days ago I felt compelled to write two comments about the wider context they are so avid to miss, but don't really want to gratify them with too great a presence. That post of theirs was a howler:

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2019/03/12/1552399812000/The-Tesla-semi-truck-is-ready-to-reserve/

Last edited:
Cue the whining from those that have pre-paid service plans.

I suspect that those who have prepaid will just take an annual inspection anyway. Even when I have my P84 in 2014, Tesla were saying that I didn't need to get it serviced. But personally, having a car that accelerates this fast, I prefer to get it checked regularly!

In any case, service plans work a bit like extended warranty - Tesla just fix anything I point out without arguing, so I don't at all begrudge them the money.

It may be just me.

But there's something sublime about exploring the unknown and getting pleasantly surprised. For things I bought that I really wanted, I never read the manual until time for maintenance later. It's not an experience that I want to let others dictate to me.

It's like the first day with your puppy in your back yard and trying to awkwardly play fetch.

Agree wholeheartedly. And we're conditioned to close/exit every single popup and annoying thing on our screens (even if helpful) because the internet has ruined everything.

Reactions: neroden

I guess this doesn't apply to the writer of that NYT article (from Musk's SEC motion reply):

“In reviewing forward-looking statements, courts are instructed to consider the total mix of information and are supposed to bear in mind that disclosure requirements are not intended to attribute to investors [or jouranalists] a child-like simplicity. Rather, investors [or jouranalists] are presumed to have the ability to be able to digest varying reports and data.

:rolleyes: