Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the last couple of days I'vv had a few messages with kind comments. Perhaps I should explain myself a trifle better than I did.
As I reflect I recall a comment made to me by my favorite boss as he was preparing to retire:
a loose paraphrase was 'after a certain age one's experience and judgement no longer serve to guide other younger people. When that happens it is time to go.'
I have been posting on TMC for a bit more than six years. During that time I have advocated the same positions in slightly different ways, but the basic ideas have not changed. I have been acutely aware of repeating myself.

One of my young colleagues mentioned that "...for an old guy you're surprisingly well informed." (Translated from the Portuguese). She intended it as a compliment, perhaps. Still, I make many typos, itself not a mark of vibrance and good habits. Then I realize I persist in repeating the same stories. I justify that because the people who gave us 2008 are ones who very nearly brought on global depression, narrowly averted by good luck rather than good judgement. I keep thinking if younger people would understand that and other such lessons they would be better investors. if my assertion was valid the oldsters would have learned also, but we all know they haven't. A recent stay on Hank Paulson's island reminded me that there is no plausible assertion that there is any causal relation to be had between cause and effect in 2008 or any other year.

With those thoughts I realized I should stop now, not because of rancor, but because I am repeating myself.

So, I know those positions are valid. I know nearly all retail 'investors' using margin, puts, cals and other such instruments will eventually lose. The house wins, if anybody does. That is the last time I will post such positions simply to stop repeating myself.

I will not depart TMC nor will I stop reading pertinent parts of these threads, and continue rating posts, but not with words. I will refrain from posting in this thread.
About repetition:

This and a few previous investment threads probably have most, if not all things a good investor needs to know.

However, for vast majority of people (>>99%), learning to invest (or anything hard to achieve) is a process, an exercise, and repetition is a REQUIREMENT.

In life, somethings are meant to be done again and again, such as a good night of sleep (daily), your fav meals whenever possible, good music....

The sage advice, investing related or not, good jokes, and kindness to other members (and humanity), sparkling from many low quality posts, are the reasons people come back here. To repeat those is not a bug, it's a feature.

1638757005243.png

The reference date for the Dec 2021 rebalancing of the S&P 500 was Fri, Dec 3, 2021. TSLA is up about 38% vs the rest of the NDX over the past 3 mths:

TSLA.3-Mth.2021-12-03.png

By arranging Friday's 'big dip' shortzes and hedgies likely think they've averted (though likely only postponed) about 25% of the buying required to rebalance S&P 500 passive index funds toward the end of Dec. Vain hope, TSLA is a juggernaut now.

I do expect to see a push down to the Lower-BB after the opening, then we'll see how much buying interest appears.

GLTA, and Cheers to the Longs!

TL;DR: “Tesla Supercharger V2 was spotted in India ahead of the start of electric vehicle sales. According to various assumptions, the chargers can be used for charging the tested cars or for demonstration in the company's showroom, which is expected to open soon.”

IBD article says market weak and larger collapse in TSLA possible but says a nice flush out below 1000/50day could be constructive with a new base to form.

So, it might go down or it might hold...
Interesting if moderate article. They mention 10.6 coming out which IMO is likely to be closely watched. Each release demonstrates progress but more importantly confidence that important progress is happening. AI has been a huge disappointment in general but a bold success could light a fire of explosive optimism and investment.

IBD article says market weak and larger collapse in TSLA possible but says a nice flush out below 1000/50day could be constructive with a new base to form.

So, it might go down or it might hold...
Do these folks take into account events like this one?

[Which I only knew about because of this forum.]